What did you buy your ebike this week?

BangorPootsy

Nov 13, 2023
Northern Ireland
Bought a new Chain for my 'new to me' bike. Took the cassette and derailleur apart and did a deep clean on them. I've Shimano Zee brakes to fit at some point so should be fun to get to grips with internal routing.
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-12 at 21.27.29_e26fb0a8.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I don't have a compressor, so it's can I be bothered to gather my skirts & get on with it? £30 though, totes barg.

ByMqR97A.jpg

BangorPootsy

Nov 13, 2023
Northern Ireland
I don't have a compressor, so it's can I be bothered to gather my skirts & get on with it? £30 though, totes barg.

View attachment 129076
I've found Maxxis tyres easy to inflate tubeless using a floorpump. Pop the tyre onto a clean rim, use a paintbrush to apply a generous amount of soapy water then inflate. You should hear that nice popping sound. Then deflate and put the tubeless sealant in through the valve.

Great Buy btw!

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I'll see your Barrs bottle & raise you the B&Q repurposed weed sprayer, ghetto tyre inflater 2.0. Still a pain in the arse though. Usually I'll put it on with a tube, take the tube out & go again with one side seated. Always gets there in the end.
View attachment 129084

I'll see your Barrs bottle & raise you the B&Q repurposed weed sprayer, ghetto tyre inflater 2.0. Still a pain in the arse though. Usually I'll put it on with a tube, take the tube out & go again with one side seated. Always gets there in the end.
View attachment 129084
I’ll take them odds rusty, although your blaster does look next gen 😂.
The Barr has never let me down. It gets a bit sketchy around 40 psi though cracking the beads over my marvic rims. But at £1.19 a bottle what can you expect 😝

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I you’ve got 2 spare valves, make it yourself dude 👍

Brilliant! Just a Q...I'm going to hazard a guess that you charge it through the schrader in the lid...? but how do you 'switch' the output? I can't see an on/off valve?? I guess I better be looking up diy ghetto compressors

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I’ll take them odds rusty, although your blaster does look next gen 😂.
The Barr has never let me down. It gets a bit sketchy around 40 psi though cracking the beads over my marvic rims. But at £1.19 a bottle what can you expect 😝
I've seen people duct tape those pop bottles for that extra 10 psi. We're mountain bikers, living dangerously is where it's at.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Brilliant! Just a Q...I'm going to hazard a guess that you charge it through the schrader in the lid...? but how do you 'switch' the output? I can't see an on/off valve?? I guess I better be looking up diy ghetto compressors
Correct, input through the lid with the hose clamped, valve out of your rim, pressure up and unclamp, 💥 hooray, your a genius 🤓

Beaker2135

Subscriber
May 13, 2021
Cumbria
Another small thing that makes a big difference
Heartbeatz reads my Apple Watch and displays it on my Garmin 😀
I can’t use a chest strap because I don’t have any electrical signals from my heart😬 it's ok I have a pacemaker 😮‍💨
I’ve been after one for six months but they have been out of stock. I had to get this from the States, the postage was almost as much as the gadget 🤦‍♂️😂

IMG_5405.jpeg

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Excuse the dirty bike. Sram GX Transmission. Definitely the smoothest SRAM drivetrain yet for eMTB.
I had refrained using the single press/multishift feature on the old AXS. But it works very smoothly with SRAM transmission.
IMG_3436.jpg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Upgrade time for my gen3 base levo carbon:

OneUp Carbon bar
Marzocchi Bomber CR coil shock
Marzocchi Bomber Z1 coil fork and soft spring
Raceface turbine r 30 front wheel (cuz I couldn’t find the specialized endcaps to replace the Rockshox torque caps)

In transit: Sprindex progressive spring & gen 3 Levociraptor! 😃

Benji wants the boxes opened asap!

View attachment 129268
You have contracted the disease.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Pack of 5 Presta core valves after snapping the front and realising I had no replacement ..
Geckowear water proof socks B.F.deal..50%off £15.00.
Endura Grey Camo buff..
Endura MT500 Jacket ( freezing point )
Race Face knee pads ..to replace the Dainese Trail Skin Pro's ..which Ive fkn hated since I replaced the original version of what was an excellent pad ..
Screenshot_20231117_191733_AOL.jpg
Screenshot_20231117_191754_AOL.jpg
20231116_121646.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles