Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkXexar

May 15, 2021
Barcelona
What is the difference between FIT/TCX?

FIT is mainly used by Garmin. It seems to be the most complete file format in terms of adding additional activity metadata.

I record rides with a GoPro. My Blevo rides are tracked and then uploaded to Strava. From Strave I download the data in original format - this used to be GPX and is now FIT. Then I use Garmin Virb Edit to add ride overlay data. It is really slick and completely free. The GPX already included most metadata I cared about. I have not yet been able to check out what additional metadata is now available in the FIT files.

Zkatez

May 11, 2021
Nederland
Hello,

I used Blevo since february and it was oke. Since april I have trouble with CSV file data and gps connection goes on and off.

When I want to see map. I get : " no data found in csv file".
When I look in the blevo map, I can see a map with data.

When I want to see a graph. I get message: That I need to enable the csv file creation. But I can not find this option in Blevo.

I once got an error about copying file with gpx. See picture.

What can I do to fix this?

Screenshot_20210517-223544_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210517-223639_Gallery.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Yes I know this and have these two datafields displayed in Android.

My question is, if the iOS Version can Display these two fields? I can‘t see these fields in the iOS manual.
For now these 2 fields are available only in Android version..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I was never looking to derestrict my bike. However it has always been a niggle, since I switched to mullet, that the wheel circumference was incorrect. Seeing the new integration of Levociraptor with Blevo and that Paolo has been testing it thoroughly led me to take the plunge.

Before installing Levociraptor I wanted to update my bike firmware OTA with Mission Control. In the past this did not work out. But this time I followed tips to uninstall and reinstall the Android app, and the upadate went perfectly.

The Levociraptor installation was smooth enough. The tricky part is that the TCU requires a really small Torx screwdriver - lucky I had one from a PC repair kit. So far all good.

It took a while to figure out the location of the setting page in Blevo. Finally I realized you have to first pair with Levociraptor rather than the bike. Here you can configure Levociraptor. Then you go back and pair again with the bike, and then and the bottom of the page after pairing, you can set the wheel circumference. I was surprised that my measured mullet circumference was 2240mm compareto the stock 29” circumference of 2300mm, which is smaller difference than I would have guessed.

I saw in Blevo that there was a new Levociraptor firmware update available. It took me a while to figure out how to get it to work. First set the WiFi SSID and password of your home network, and then start the update process. I had to then repeat this for the second firmware.

When I get the chance to take it for a spin, I will share an update.

Thanks for everything Paolo - also can’t wait to try the FIT file format.

Thanks for your feedback and I like very much that there are people who are happy to use Levociraptor Gen2 just for the added features (barometer, temperature sensor, crash sensor, Smart Power reaction) and not for the derestriction of the bike..
Thanks again..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
We had also disconnect problem last ride with two bikes. It happened exactly at same time with both bikes. I had to go to main menu to get It connect again. We both had latest Blevo.
After how many km and time?
This happened also to my friends and his wife..
In the next release I will improve again the connection procedure..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
FIT is mainly used by Garmin. It seems to be the most complete file format in terms of adding additional activity metadata.

I record rides with a GoPro. My Blevo rides are tracked and then uploaded to Strava. From Strave I download the data in original format - this used to be GPX and is now FIT. Then I use Garmin Virb Edit to add ride overlay data. It is really slick and completely free. The GPX already included most metadata I cared about. I have not yet been able to check out what additional metadata is now available in the FIT files.
In the FIT file you have the cadence, legs power, ambient temperature, bike battery %, assistance %.. These information are not present in the GPX file..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello,

I used Blevo since february and it was oke. Since april I have trouble with CSV file data and gps connection goes on and off.

When I want to see map. I get : " no data found in csv file".
When I look in the blevo map, I can see a map with data.

When I want to see a graph. I get message: That I need to enable the csv file creation. But I can not find this option in Blevo.

I once got an error about copying file with gpx. See picture.

What can I do to fix this?

View attachment 61815

View attachment 61816
I think you have Android 11..
Please go to the authorization of the app and remove it.. After restart BLEvo and answer yes to all the request of permissions..
Let me know..

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
After how many km and time?
This happened also to my friends and his wife..
In the next release I will improve again the connection procedure..

First picture is from start. Second and third are from point that connection was lost. It seems that it didn't save gps coordinates at that time. Kms are around 25,5km and time was around two hours.

I had yesterday longer ride and connection worked flawless at that time.
1621399899403.png

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Last edited:

Windsurfer

Aug 31, 2019
Germany
a small problem with BLevo Android (newest Version) since a few weeks. When I start a new ride after successful connection, BLevo asks if I want to start without motor. Display still shows the Eco Mode. When I click cancel and start Tour again, I get the normal popup to enter the actual height and everything is as normal.
Edit: disappeared after connecting to a new battery.

Last edited:

Windsurfer

Aug 31, 2019
Germany
other thing, I've got a new battery and when added it to BLevo I was not asked for a passcode as stated in the manual:

"You will be presented to enter a 6-digit passcode on first connection to the bike.
This can be found on a yellow sticker in your manual or written on a white sticker
on the back of the TCU module."

Has this been changed?

Windsurfer

Aug 31, 2019
Germany
and further: since the new battery is in use, I do never get the blue dot on the home screen after the bike is switched on and BLevo hast been started. However, when I start a tour every thing works as usual and I have three orange dots on top of the sceen.

Should I take a backup and reinstall BLevo completely?

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
We have nice openstreet based map here in Finland and lot of people have marked and classified paths to maps. Is it possible that blevo could use Trailmap tile server? (Only Finland is included in these maps)

View attachment 61951
Example of the map (Trailmap - Löydä uusia polkuja)

Tile server address
3D MTB map, also .png works
https://tilestrata.trailmap.fi/d3-mtbmap-cache/3d/{z}/{x}/{y}.webp

3D MTB map (high res), also .png works
https://tilestrata.trailmap.fi/d3-mtbmap-cache/3d/{z}/{x}/{y}@2x.webp
Sorry but the map library doesn't handle the 3d maps..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
a small problem with BLevo Android (newest Version) since a few weeks. When I start a new ride after successful connection, BLevo asks if I want to start without motor. Display still shows the Eco Mode. When I click cancel and start Tour again, I get the normal popup to enter the actual height and everything is as normal.
Edit: disappeared after connecting to a new battery.
I think BLEvo asks if you want to ride without the bike connected, not without motor.. could you share the message?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
other thing, I've got a new battery and when added it to BLevo I was not asked for a passcode as stated in the manual:

"You will be presented to enter a 6-digit passcode on first connection to the bike.
This can be found on a yellow sticker in your manual or written on a white sticker
on the back of the TCU module."

Has this been changed?
Which bike you have? The battery is not the TCU. If you have an old bike, the battery with the bluetooth module doesn't have the passcode

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
and further: since the new battery is in use, I do never get the blue dot on the home screen after the bike is switched on and BLevo hast been started. However, when I start a tour every thing works as usual and I have three orange dots on top of the sceen.

Should I take a backup and reinstall BLevo completely?
You need to scan for a new bike, if the bike model has the bluetooth module in the battery

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Sorry but the map library doesn't handle the 3d maps..

Mapserver is ordinary OpenStreetMap-standard "tiled web map",/"slippy map". Map name is 3D mountainbike map because it looks like "3D". It is combination of many maps. Hill shading and countour plots make it look like 3D. There is much more details than just OSM map. Map users have mapped and classified over 10000kms of paths to the map last year. Green is easy path, yellow normal, orange little tougher, red hard, and turqoise really hard.

Blevo has map option for 4umaps.eu, if I have understand correctly, just website has to be changed to different one. :rolleyes:
http://tileserver.4umaps.eu/{z}/{x}/{y}.png -> https://tilestrata.trailmap.fi/d3-mtbmap-cache/3d/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

Low res tile sizes are 256x256 and hi res 512x512.

This is open cyclemap and "3d MTB" map comparison. Open cycle map looks flat and doesn´t have much details like swamp, cliffs etc...
1621729529879.png

Last edited:

Windsurfer

Aug 31, 2019
Germany
Hi Paolo,
thank you for the answers. Bike is a 2018 Levo, bought in 06/2019. I am using BLevo since 07/2019. I did scan for the new battery (TCU and Bluetooth modules included in the battery).
I had three rides with the new battery, but I never got the blue dot on top of the main screen. However, when starting a tour, Blevo/Smart Power worked well.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
Since today, i have a great problem with blevo and my Turbo Levo (2018). Blevo detects the bike (blue dot). In bike monitor there is a green dot for bike, but the red dot for motor will not dissappear. So there is no smart control. Also the battery the fields in the battery monitor are almost empty. (see screenshots).

The new version 3.9.5 for android has no effect. Mission Control can see the bike and the battery and shows all the datas.

Screenshot_20210524-140036_BLEvo.jpg

Screenshot_20210524-140008_BLEvo.jpg

Screenshot_20210524-135950_BLEvo.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Mapserver is ordinary OpenStreetMap-standard "tiled web map",/"slippy map". Map name is 3D mountainbike map because it looks like "3D". It is combination of many maps. Hill shading and countour plots make it look like 3D. There is much more details than just OSM map. Map users have mapped and classified over 10000kms of paths to the map last year. Green is easy path, yellow normal, orange little tougher, red hard, and turqoise really hard.

Blevo has map option for 4umaps.eu, if I have understand correctly, just website has to be changed to different one. :rolleyes:
http://tileserver.4umaps.eu/{z}/{x}/{y}.png -> https://tilestrata.trailmap.fi/d3-mtbmap-cache/3d/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

This is open cyclemap and "3d MTB" map comparison. Open cycle map looks flat and doesn´t have much details like swamp, cliffs etc...
View attachment 62228
I will try to add it...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Since today, i have a great problem with blevo and my Turbo Levo (2018). Blevo detects the bike (blue dot). In bike monitor there is a green dot for bike, but the red dot for motor will not dissappear. So there is no smart control. Also the battery the fields in the battery monitor are almost empty. (see screenshots).

The new version 3.9.5 for android has no effect. Mission Control can see the bike and the battery and shows all the datas.

View attachment 62317

View attachment 62318

View attachment 62319
Please try to clean the connector between battery and motor...
Let me know..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 3.9.5 of BLEvo for Android

Here are the news:
- Optimized bluetooth connection
- Now for the crash detection with the Levociraptor Gen2 the bike must be stopped for at least 2 seconds
- Now the FIT file is updated every second if the bike is in motion
- Levociraptor Gen2 crash sensor can now be calibrated at each tour departure
- Bugfix: application crash on closing
- Bugfix: If bike without TCU the data was not taken from the GPS if the bike was turned off

Download the update from the Google Play Store.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

View attachment 62228
I tried to integrate but I think the path is not correct..
This x,y,z combination works for 4umaps

but it doesn't works with your link

maybe is because it is out of coverage maps..
If you can check and also send to me a GPX in your zone, I can add easily the new map type..

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I tried to integrate but I think the path is not correct..
This x,y,z combination works for 4umaps

but it doesn't works with your link

maybe is because it is out of coverage maps..
If you can check and also send to me a GPX in your zone, I can add easily the new map type..
Subeerb! I think the location is the problem because just Finland is rendered.

Here is link to .gpx file
First gpx
and another one in different location but in same country (Finland)
second gpx

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Subeerb! I think the location is the problem because just Finland is rendered.

Here is link to .gpx file
First gpx
and another one in different location but in same country (Finland)
second gpx
I tested the maps with not 3D map and it works even if I'm not in Finland..
This link works..
it return a white picture and not a server error..

Could you check why the link
https://tilestrata.trailmap.fi/d3-mtbmap-cache/3d/13/4296/2919.png
is not working?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles