Status
Not open for further replies.

nmb1970

Dec 16, 2020
Portugal
Paolo!

I am having a problem on the lastest iOS version. Recorded an activity on the 2nd may. stopped as always and uploaded to strava. Strava didn’t show it but I didn’t care at the time. Today started a new activity as always. When stopped the same problem happened. Even worse. If I choose the 2nd May activity I can’t upload to strava. Return to the 9th May activity it’s still going even if I did stopped it. If stop it again and go to the 2nd May and back to the 9th May, it’s still going!

View attachment 60976

View attachment 60977

View attachment 60978

another piece of information. even emailing the .tcx or .gpx the file upload on strava shows incorrect formatted data... :(

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
Paolo, I have an issue, I have been using Blevo of about a year now with a 2019 on an anroid phone. It has worked great but yesterday and today it lost contact with my bike mid ride and did not pick it up again. Ideas?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks Paolo,

I've just completed a ride with BLEVo 3.9.0 and the cadence is now correct for zero values. All other values appear correct.

I do notice from the timestamps in the FIT file that datapoints are not evenly spaced at 1 second intervals i.e. intervals can be 1,2,3,5 etc seconds apart. Is this because data is only stored when there is a change in value? The Garmin Edge 1030 records at exactly 1 second intervals, but this makes for a larger FIT file.

Thanks for great software.
The data are saved only if the previous position in far from the current position at least 2 meters.. Do you prefer better resolution? For a phone the size of FIT file is very low..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ah perseverance

It say range extender support for ios,, is that only if you have the SL extra battery? View attachment 60617
Any more changes.
The Android version is more dedicated to be mounted on the handlebar..
All the version have the extender handling.. If you have an SL motor with an SL extender, BLEvo recognize automatically the value of wh and the percentage of the charge of the extender..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi, thanks for a great app.

I try to use a Garmin Forerunner 945 as virtual hart rate monitor, but it quits the virtual hart rate monitor after about 30min. I suspect it's a power save function that kicks in, but I can't find any info on it. Does anyone have the same issue or a solution?
Sorry but it is the watch that stops to send the data or is the phone that doesn't receive the data?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I mainly use iOS devices and Macs but I have bought a refurbished Samsung S10 Plus to use on my ebike. It is less €€ than a Garmin Edge and has many advantages. I also use the bluetooth remote with it, a very nice setup. I also don't want to ruin my expensive iPhones cameras from vibrations sitting on the handlebars.
I perfectly agree with your choice..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo!

I am having a problem on the lastest iOS version. Recorded an activity on the 2nd may. stopped as always and uploaded to strava. Strava didn’t show it but I didn’t care at the time. Today started a new activity as always. When stopped the same problem happened. Even worse. If I choose the 2nd May activity I can’t upload to strava. Return to the 9th May activity it’s still going even if I did stopped it. If stop it again and go to the 2nd May and back to the 9th May, it’s still going!

View attachment 60976

View attachment 60977

View attachment 60978
Try to send to me ([email protected]) the TCX files and I will try to fix them..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, I have an issue, I have been using Blevo of about a year now with a 2019 on an anroid phone. It has worked great but yesterday and today it lost contact with my bike mid ride and did not pick it up again. Ideas?
I'm releasing the new version for Android with the connection issue fixed..
Sorry for the bug...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have released version 3.9.4 of BLEvo for Android.
Finally all the problems of connection and automatic reconnection of all the Bluetooth peripherals should be solved.
As you can see from the screenshot, an hourglass now appears indicating that BLEvo is trying to connect to the peripheral. As a guideline, it takes up to 30 seconds to connect to one peripheral and move on to the next. Please wait.
In this release I have also added buttons to keep the screen on forever or turn it off after timeout.
The update should be available tomorrow.

Screenshot (11 May 2021 23_01_02)_mod.png

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

mauki

May 12, 2021
Koengen
Has anyone ever switched from the Android version to iOS and what are your experiences?

I've been an iPhone user for years and don't really like Android. I've been using an old Doro Smartphone with BLEVO for a year and I love the app. But I just don't like Android. ?

So consider switching to the iOS version, but the Mapbox maps are really bad. Every path looks the same.

@PaoloBLEvo
What is the reason that there are no other maps? It can't be due to iOS, apps like Mapout or Footpath offer great maps under iOS

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Has anyone ever switched from the Android version to iOS and what are your experiences?

I've been an iPhone user for years and don't really like Android. I've been using an old Doro Smartphone with BLEVO for a year and I love the app. But I just don't like Android. ?

So consider switching to the iOS version, but the Mapbox maps are really bad. Every path looks the same.

@PaoloBLEvo
What is the reason that there are no other maps? It can't be due to iOS, apps like Mapout or Footpath offer great maps under iOS
The maps are not so easy to handle like in Android... sorry..

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Did my first ride this afternoon with smart power on. I've poured over this thread fairly well but haven't found a simple definition of what smart power is/does. How does it manage the level of assist vs mission control?

Thanks in advance.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
The data are saved only if the previous position in far from the current position at least 2 meters.. Do you prefer better resolution? For a phone the size of FIT file is very low..
Is it possible to set the resolution at 1 second intervals? My experiments show this would increase the size of the FIT file by 50%

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I have released version 3.9.4 of BLEvo for Android.
Finally all the problems of connection and automatic reconnection of all the Bluetooth peripherals should be solved.
As you can see from the screenshot, an hourglass now appears indicating that BLEvo is trying to connect to the peripheral. As a guideline, it takes up to 30 seconds to connect to one peripheral and move on to the next. Please wait.
In this release I have also added buttons to keep the screen on forever or turn it off after timeout.
The update should be available tomorrow.

View attachment 61230

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.
This is good news. I just did a ride with 3.9.2 for Android and couldn't work out why my Bluetooth HRM kept dropping out and reconnecting randomly. Tried new battery in HRM and this didn't work, and then I found update to 3.9.4. This looks more stable in the workshop, but I will have to wait till my next ride to fully test it.

My phone does not show the "thumbs up" icon for GPS, Bike, Motor, and HR. It shows a green circle instead. Is this normal?

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
This is good news. I just did a ride with 3.9.2 for Android and couldn't work out why my Bluetooth HRM kept dropping out and reconnecting randomly. Tried new battery in HRM and this didn't work, and then I found update to 3.9.4. This looks more stable in the workshop, but I will have to wait till my next ride to fully test it.

My phone does not show the "thumbs up" icon for GPS, Bike, Motor, and HR. It shows a green circle instead. Is this normal?
The green circle is available only from Android 10.. It is normal..

mauki

May 12, 2021
Koengen
When you select a GPX, BLEvo can provide to you these information in function of your average speed and km to do.. but you need to follow the GPX...

Yes I know this and have these two datafields displayed in Android.

My question is, if the iOS Version can Display these two fields? I can‘t see these fields in the iOS manual.

MarkXexar

May 15, 2021
Barcelona
For more information on the product visit the website

The Levociraptor Gen2 will be available in a couple of weeks.
You can preorder it.

I was never looking to derestrict my bike. However it has always been a niggle, since I switched to mullet, that the wheel circumference was incorrect. Seeing the new integration of Levociraptor with Blevo and that Paolo has been testing it thoroughly led me to take the plunge.

Before installing Levociraptor I wanted to update my bike firmware OTA with Mission Control. In the past this did not work out. But this time I followed tips to uninstall and reinstall the Android app, and the upadate went perfectly.

The Levociraptor installation was smooth enough. The tricky part is that the TCU requires a really small Torx screwdriver - lucky I had one from a PC repair kit. So far all good.

It took a while to figure out the location of the setting page in Blevo. Finally I realized you have to first pair with Levociraptor rather than the bike. Here you can configure Levociraptor. Then you go back and pair again with the bike, and then and the bottom of the page after pairing, you can set the wheel circumference. I was surprised that my measured mullet circumference was 2240mm compareto the stock 29” circumference of 2300mm, which is smaller difference than I would have guessed.

I saw in Blevo that there was a new Levociraptor firmware update available. It took me a while to figure out how to get it to work. First set the WiFi SSID and password of your home network, and then start the update process. I had to then repeat this for the second firmware.

When I get the chance to take it for a spin, I will share an update.

Thanks for everything Paolo - also can’t wait to try the FIT file format.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Paolo!

View attachment 60976

View attachment 60977

View attachment 60978
I'm having the exact same problem. IOS 14.5.1 BLEvo v3.7.1 iOS

MarkXexar

May 15, 2021
Barcelona
When I get the chance to take it for a spin, I will share an update.

Thanks for everything Paolo - also can’t wait to try the FIT file format.

I had high hopes that the connection stability would improve but it actually got worse. I have used Blevo for more than a year. In the last few months I started to get occasional bike disconnects during a ride. This timeafter installing Levociraptor and upgrading to latest Blevo I got 5 disconnects within 15 mins. After that it stabilized for the next 30 min of a very short ride. Hopefully not the start of more frequent disconnects because I could never live without Blevo.

Apart from that the extra Levociraptor speed was nice, and the FIT files worked great.

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I had high hopes that the connection stability would improve but it actually got worse. I have used Blevo for more than a year. In the last few months I started to get occasional bike disconnects during a ride.

We had also disconnect problem last ride with two bikes. It happened exactly at same time with both bikes. I had to go to main menu to get It connect again. We both had latest Blevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles