SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Yep, those are the best options trying to find one for the best price.
For what's it worth. My understanding is that Float X 2022 and 2023 are the same. Maybe a new '22 out there with a deep discount.🤞

But the new RS has a sweet bottom out adjust button (purple) for aggressive riding (a new feature that better mimics the big negative aircan of my megneg).

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
That sounds similar to mine, I don’t think it’s an issue. But once you hear it you can’t unhear it. Just know that it’s normal.
I observed the same with my M510 on the E10. I think it’s the sprague bearing (one way clutch) that has some play. Running downhill, the chain slap working against the sprague bearing is causing that rattling noise. I use this simple chain tensioner device, significantly improving the noise level.

IMG_0864.jpeg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
How come they can not do one way clutch which is not making any rattle? And not even Bafang. :(

M510,M600 is fine. M620 is rattling a lot.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Got my frame rolling. Was my first E-Bike build and it was a bit of a challenge but it seems like quite a nice motor platform.
20230813_200510[1].jpg

Still need to change out the headset and do proper cable management and water proofing.
20230814_124732[1].jpg

The cane creek DB IL doesn't fit, unless your willing to take an orbital sander to it. I got it on sale for 200 so i figured why not. I also needed to sand down the inside of the seat tube some so a 200mm dropper could fit in.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Got my frame rolling. Was my first E-Bike build and it was a bit of a challenge but it seems like quite a nice motor platform. View attachment 122531
Still need to change out the headset and do proper cable management and water proofing.
View attachment 122532
The cane creek DB IL doesn't fit, unless your willing to take an orbital sander to it. I got it on sale for 200 so i figured why not. I also needed to sand down the inside of the seat tube some so a 200mm dropper could fit in.
Like'n the Hope orange bling on the matte blue!👊

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Got my frame rolling. Was my first E-Bike build and it was a bit of a challenge but it seems like quite a nice motor platform. View attachment 122531
View attachment 122532
Nice color

JJ-NOR

Aug 5, 2023
Norway
View attachment 122532
Very Nice 😀

I am starting my first build as soon as i recive my frame and parts. How long would you estimate a build like this?

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Very Nice 😀

I am starting my first build as soon as i recive my frame and parts. How long would you estimate a build like this?
It could vary quite a bit depending on your experience and luck. I wasted a lot of time polishing a small lump blocking the seat post with sandpaper on a stick. The carbon is quite hard! I finally grabbed a sanding drum and put it on my drill driver with a 12 inch extension and ground it down in a few seconds. I also reinstalled the battery and motor multiple times to get the cables in a somewhat clean configuration. I worked on mine for most of a day and after a fun but short ride on the greenway realized I still needed to tune the suspension, brakes and possibly the chain line.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It could vary quite a bit depending on your experience and luck. I wasted a lot of time polishing a small lump blocking the seat post with sandpaper on a stick. The carbon is quite hard! I finally grabbed a sanding drum and put it on my drill driver with a 12 inch extension and ground it down in a few seconds. I also reinstalled the battery and motor multiple times to get the cables in a somewhat clean configuration. I worked on mine for most of a day and after a fun but short ride on the greenway realized I still needed to tune the suspension, brakes and possibly the chain line.
Good improv skills and practical determination on the shock fitment. 🤟

Well done!🤛

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I wasted a lot of time polishing a small lump blocking the seat post with sandpaper on a stick.

I had the same issue. a very small 0.2mm epoxy/carbon ridge a few cm above the charge port. I carefully used a long rounded file. took a few seconds. very easy fix in the end. I have to say, the insert length on this frame is very impressive.
Not being able to slam the seatpost down would forever frustrate me.

I also spent half a day filing down a chainring lockring tool I got from AliEx. The teeth spacing and width was spot on, but the diameter was out of spec. too small. I had to file the inside of each tooth to allow it to fit over the lockring.
*LPT use a multitool with a grinding disc/stone.

signal-2023-08-16-105959_002.jpeg signal-2023-08-16-105959_003.jpeg

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 3,60€ 38% Off | Bike 8 Notch Cartridge Bottom Bracket Tool Carbon Steel Bicycle Crank Remover Axis Sleeve Cycling Shaft Repair Tool Bicycle Part

Just that one
You will need to work a lot with a file :)

I should have listened to @LAnton (my next T-shirt slogan :) )

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I had the same issue. a very small 0.2mm epoxy/carbon ridge a few cm above the charge port. I carefully used a long rounded file. took a few seconds. very easy fix in the end. I have to say, the insert length on this frame is very impressive.

I also spent half a day filing down a chainring lockring tool I got from AliEx. The teeth spacing and width was spot on, but the diameter was out of spec. too small. I had to file the inside of each tooth to allow it to fit over the lockring.

View attachment 122594 View attachment 122595

I had exactly the same issue with Unior ISIS BB tool. Is it possible, that bafang lock ring has different nominal dimension than standard ISIS?

I decided to file down the lock ring, because it is made from aluminum, and my tool is from carbon steel. It is significantly harder. Even filing down the lock ring took longer than I anticipated. Hope I didn't weaken it too much.

Last edited:

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I don't have BESST tool or GO+ display. So I'm just guessing.
From what I can see, the GO+ app is a cut down version of the BESST tool, an end user version.
If you read the BESST tool user manual, you can see the corresponding settings and descriptions to the GO+ app.
I think it should help.

BESST tool user manual

Slan

Aug 18, 2023
Moscow

View attachment 122594 View attachment 122595

Hi! im waiting for the same one from AliExpress) but for the first time I used pliers with thin sponges )

IMG_0801.jpeg

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
My guess...
the settings of a lower mode cannot be higher than the settings in higher mode.
i.e if Mode 4 has 65% then Mode 3 cannot exceed 65%
This is the case as well with the BESST tool. I tried to set lower speed limit in TURBO, but make it higher in ECO, but it did not work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles