SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Mine is a ZS56 28.6/ZS66 with a 40mm crown which fits my Fox tapered 1.5 fork.
Gottya👍🏿
Well, if the CEF50 can support a 1.8 supertapered steerer fork, might as well build mine to use one😁.
It's nice to know that we're beginning to get diy frameset kits which can support newer standards of equipment. Usually, this is reserved for the "well-known" mainstream brands👍🏿

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Gottya👍🏿
Well, if the CEF50 can support a 1.8 supertapered steerer fork, might as well build mine to use one😁.
It's nice to know that we're beginning to get diy frameset kits which can support newer standards of equipment. Usually, this is reserved for the "well-known" mainstream brands👍🏿
SZZS does seem to be responsive, like the new icr top cap, carbon battery case, carbon cranks and a new UDH option.
BTW thanks for doing your reviews.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I'm strongly leaning to the UDH upgrade and eventual GX-T minus e-cranks. I have old AXS Gx on the hanger of course.🙃

Has anyone gotten the UDH-stay for the CEF50 yet?🤔

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Gottya👍🏿

Ok. I think I've been living under a rock. I didn't realise 1.8 tapered fork is a thing. Maybe when they came out I just ignored it and forgot about it :ROFLMAO:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Has anyone gotten the UDH-stay for the CEF50 yet?🤔
Just in from Linda:
Screenshot_20231020-182900.png

The UDH is $12 USD.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Has anyone found a solution for the motor cover yet? Mine finally broke yesterday.
That sucks. 😝

I just put a layer of carbon fiber on the motor guard tab today. Then sanding tomorrow. So, we'll see how well that works. 🤔

But Linda just gave the update of the version 3 of new plastic motor cover. Remember she's not always accurate in projecting time-frames...Jus' say'n.😎
Screenshot_20231020-184232.png

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Guys, I was thinking building a cef50 for my wife.
Do you know what’s the top tube height in size Small just in front of the seat?

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Guys, I was thinking building a cef50 for my wife.
Do you know what’s the top tube height in size Small just in front of the seat?

My wife is 152cm. I built her a small size frame with 29" wheelset.
But the standover wasn't comfortable for her, so I built her a 27.5 front/rear wheelset. She is now much happier.

The photo measured from the ground. 160mm 29" fork on 27.5x2.6 , 27.5x2.3 rear. (These tires is what I just had spare. I will fit wider tyres once these wear out)
BB height measured about 330mm. Looking to fit 160mm or 155mm carbon crankset once SZZS starts production.
Currently 165mm crankset, only 1 pedal strike so far on rocky terrain.
Mellow rider. Mainly blue trails, in the "No Fly Zone"

standover Frame Small 275.jpg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
My wife is 152cm. I built her a small size frame with 29" wheelset.
But the standover wasn't comfortable for her, so I built her a 27.5 front/rear wheelset. She is now much happier.

The photo measured from the ground. 160mm 29" fork on 27.5x2.6 , 27.5x2.3 rear. (These tires is what I just had spare. I will fit wider tyres once these wear out)
BB height measured about 330mm. Looking to fit 160mm or 155mm carbon crankset once SZZS starts production.
Currently 165mm crankset, only 1 pedal strike so far on rocky terrain.
Mellow rider. Mainly blue trails, in the "No Fly Zone"

View attachment 127426
Thanks a lot!
The height is nice for my wife, shés a bit taller bur beginner rider, I might push the trigger

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Thanks a lot!
The height is nice for my wife, shés a bit taller bur beginner rider, I might push the trigger

I have to say, the emtb truly is a game changer. she can now stay on my back wheel on anything but technical descending terrain. a lot of times I get a big surprise when I look back and see her on my back wheel :lol
It also helps that I'm speed restricted but she's not. I'm still on an ep8-rs :(

It really does take away the pain of mtbing. perfect for beginners imo.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I have to say, the emtb truly is a game changer. she can now stay on my back wheel on anything but technical descending terrain. a lot of times I get a big surprise when I look back and see her on my back wheel :lol
It also helps that I'm speed restricted but she's not. I'm still on an ep8-rs :(

Yeah it’s always better to start with a good bike!

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ

Life changer for me. The CEF50 is especially a nice upgrade for agility and lift-over weight compared to my full-powered beasts. The 3/4 power 75 Nm seems to be the sweet spot for me. 🤛

Sure would luv to have a Fuel ExE-type-stealth too. Maybe somebody will disguise the M820-75 a little better like the Forestal Syron in the near future for those of us that still need to blend in better with prohibitive USFS trail systems.😝🤟

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Gottya👍🏿
CEF50 come with those adapter for both 1.8 n 1.5

cef501.8 n 1.5.jpg

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Linda say my frame will have kits for 1.5 n 1.8 steertube which include the bearing as well. My frame only available early nov

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Quick follow up of my tiny, super delicate charging port wires. Carefully spliced it back and did individual shrink tubing, then piggyback with more shrink tubing to the defunct taillight wire harness to give it some more tear resistance. It's bulked up but has survived several rough rides and still recharges the battery.🤛

My only question, why are make those critical harness wires so damn delicate?😝🤯🤔

Before:😤
PXL_20231018_165235797~2.jpg

After:😉
PXL_20231023_032905599.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles