Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Got some thread lock today to do the crank arms before the weekend

just a couple is questions does this need to be done on the carbon crank arms or just the models with alloy arms ?
The bolt that need thread locking is this just the centre bolt as you look directly at the arm of the little one that goes through the side of the arm too ?

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
The tech update from Ethirteen is only for alloy cranks, but it sure couldn't hurt to check the carbon ones too. I don't know what the torque specs are for the carbon cranks. The locktite should definitely be on the pre-load cap. It's not mentioned if the pinch bolts need locktite, but it sure couldn't hurt.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Got some thread lock today to do the crank arms before the weekend

just a couple is questions does this need to be done on the carbon crank arms or just the models with alloy arms ?
The bolt that need thread locking is this just the centre bolt as you look directly at the arm of the little one that goes through the side of the arm too ?

CARBON TOO!!! My carbon arm fell off on my second ride.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
CARBON TOO!!! My carbon arm fell off on my second ride.

You have carbon arms?!?! Sweeeeet!! Which orthopedic surgeon attached those? Which model did you get?
1616713652956.png

Just messing with you. I forgot you had the high end bike with carbon and unobtainium everything.;)
Do you know if the torque specs are the same as for the alloy cranks?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Anyone order a range extender yet or found anyone that’s selling them

Ebike shop in Farnham will ONLY sell you one if you have brought your bike from them

Can’t find anyone else ?

I keep getting on at Tredz to make this live on their site so I can order it through them as I have £250 worth of vouchers to use but it's like talking to a brick wall. They said they could do a manual order over the phone but didn't know how to process the vouchers by phone

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
You have carbon arms?!?! Sweeeeet!! Which orthopedic surgeon attached those? Which model did you get?
View attachment 56734

Just messing with you. I forgot you had the high end bike with carbon and unobtainium everything.;)
Do you know if the torque specs are the same as for the alloy cranks?

I actually have a prototype carbon exoskeleton of my own design. Still working out the kinks.

I ended up selling the stupidly light saddle that came with the LTD. No way my a$$ would comfortable on it. And after switching to a DPX2 and Fox 36 Factory, along with 4 piston XTR brakes, I basically ended up with a Rise Team. ;-) But the LTD shipped sooner.

Yes, the torque specs are the same (2Nm for preload cap, then 14Nm for the crank arm bolts). And blue/242 threadlocker on the cap and the bolts.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I actually have a prototype carbon exoskeleton of my own design. Still working out the kinks.

I ended up selling the stupidly light saddle that came with the LTD. No way my a$$ would comfortable on it. And after switching to a DPX2 and Fox 36 Factory, along with 4 piston XTR brakes, I basically ended up with a Rise Team. ;-) But the LTD shipped sooner.

Yes, the torque specs are the same (2Nm for preload cap, then 14Nm for the crank arm bolts). And blue/242 threadlocker on the cap and the bolts.

When you get all of the kinks worked out of that exoskeleton, let me know. i may want to invest in one.
A few years ago....OK, a lot of years ago, I was a little bit of a weight weenie and I bought one of those fancy super light saddles. Felt like sitting on a brick. It's still sitting in my garage somewhere, but it sure as heck didn't stay on my bike for very long. Glad you;re getting your bike dialed in.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Not to crap on the party, but the Apple Watch doesn’t support ANT+ so some of the data might not be accessible via Bluetooth.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
When you guys do the thread lock to the crank Adam it says one the ethirteen link that the inner seal has to be removed and discarded ??
did you guys leave this out or refit it ?
7506367B-AFAF-4B01-913E-3A65E5F6A95D.png

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
We all need @brendand to get his bike soon then what a legend if he manages to build a app for the watch I certainly would use it / subscribe to it

Maybe @Rob Rides EMTB can put in a good word for me at Orbea so they can ship one out earlier :). Still July for my blue M10 XL.

Also anything that can be displayed in the iOS app can be displayed on the Apple Watch. The iPhone would be used as a gateway between the bike and the watch. That's the way my own app works. The watch makes a request to the iOS app and the iOS app returns the results to display on the watch. I keep my iPhone in my pocket when I'm riding.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles