Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Guys, joined the club this week. Rode 40km: amazing!
just 2 questions:
i've seen that you put the mudguard on rear, no concerns about the carbon frame with the zip ties? (My first carbon frame)
i've the xt at home from previous bike. I feel the difference with actual g2. I can not decide if repalce them with xt or let them change my opinion..
66E476FF-476B-41B6-BFA6-CE4AB70A8808.jpeg

Last edited:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i've seen that you put the mudguard on rear, no concerns about the carbon frame with the zip ties? (My first carbon frame)
i've the xt at home from previous bike. I feel the difference with actual g2. I can not decide if repalce them with xt
some mudguards come with the zip ties as well as protective film, you definitely want to use the tape not just because of the zip ties moving but the whole guard might move a bit , ask me how i know
as for the brakes, i like the g2 as they let you adjust the lever all the way out with firm initial lever travel, not spongy

bbkp

Jan 10, 2021
vienna
Anyone else remove their controller? Any regrets or did you end up putting it back on?

Is there a video or anything out there showing how? Looks pretty straight forward but would like others input.

I'm installing new brakes and thought this would be the time to do it...

Thanks
in the first place I was pretty sure that i will remove them. however, after playing around with differnet settings and support levels
i found out that I shift between the levels quite often, specifically on steeper rougher uphill sections of trails.
hands must be on the bars in such situations, hence the tcu button is not an option here.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
who changed brakes: did you open the motor place or it is possible to replace the hose on my own with basic skills and experience?

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
who changed brakes: did you open the motor place or it is possible to replace the hose on my own with basic skills and experience?
I've wrenched on bikes for years and found it to be a little bit of a bear. I was warned I'd have to drop the motor, which was true but I also ended up removing the chain stay bolts in order to get the right angle for the hose.

the bend/angle where the hose comes out of the chain stay and into the down tube guide is quite sharp, I'm not sure if its the best way to route the hose. But its the way spesh did it so it must be right :cautious: I lost enough oil during the process I had to do a full bleed. The additional lube may have helped though......

The front was eazy peazy though.

It was my first install of hydrualic brakes and ultimately it went OK for me. I watched plenty of vids including robs video on how to drop the motor.

Not that technical and I'm certain next time it will be a breeze.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Rear brake hose is also easy because the hose goes thru internal routing housing within the frame. You can pull a new hose thru using a hose connection barb of the type described in post #3068 earlier in this thread:

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I used the RS Barb, in my case it was not easy to push thru the chain stay, out and up into the internal routing.

Maybe it was easy for others but it was not in my case.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
When I swapped out the Codes to Shimano Saints, I taped up the end of hose with some electical tape after cutting off the barb. The new hose pushed thru with no problems. You can always tape on some string when you pull out the hose so you can tape the string onto the new hose when you push and pull it back thru.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Thanks guys, i was discouraging myself but you did your best to let me hate this g2 and repalce them with an xt,
why bad guys! ?
any concerns about some corrosive dot oil lost inside the frame impossible to clean?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
There may be some confusion about which "controller".
The control switch on the handlebar is secured by a 2mm hex.
The TCU control on the top tube is held in place with a T10 Torx screw.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
There may be some confusion about which "controller".
The control switch on the handlebar is secured by a 2mm hex.
The TCU control on the top tube is held in place with a T10 Torx screw.
That is correct and I removed both to give it a try for a while. Edit, guess I left the TCU after disconnection the control switch from the bars.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
It’s not any size of Allen key... it’s a Torx T10 head on the screw. Using an Allen key will damage it.
It seems that you are angry for something and you need someone to relax... if i post a picture with a measure (accurate!) do you mean it's “any allen” and you put a disagree also to my post! Wow man you have to solve your internal conflicts.

Last edited:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
It seems that you are angry for something and you need someone to relax... if i post a picture with a measure (accurate!) do you mean it's “any allen” and you put a disagree also to my post! Wow man you have to solve your internal conflis.
Apologies... I thought the controller you were referring to is the TCU. Too many people have been handing out mis-information about this advising it’s an Allen screw when it’s actually a Torx.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Never the less, I love multi culturalism and they say we are all equal.

I don’t see what that has to do with anything?
Damn, I never thought of looking in the manual.

It was me jumping the gun! The T10 torx screw on the TCU has been misidentified several times in the last 116 pages!! I assumed that’s what was being referred to, without fully reading the context. My bad...

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I don’t see what that has to do with anything?

It was me jumping the gun! The T10 torx screw on the TCU has been misidentified several times in the last 116 pages!! I assumed that’s what was being referred to, without fully reading the context. My bad...
Just referring to the language barrier, it’s hilarious.

You mistaken what part he was on about, he thought you were being angry etc

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Just referring to the language barrier, it’s hilarious.

You mistaken what part he was on about, he thought you were being angry etc

I get you!

I mistook the part because I didn’t read the context... nothing to do with language. I just assumed it was another one of many mis-identifications, that’s all!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I get you!

I mistook the part because I didn’t read the context... nothing to do with language. I just assumed it was another one of many mis-identifications, that’s all!
Context has nothing to do with language?
Now I’m confused ?

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I get you!

i love him
Context has nothing to do with language?
Now I’m confused ?
I'm glad this is over - again I apologize for confusing the situation. I do appreciate the help as well. Brakes are on and I'm happy with them, was a little more difficult than I was anticipating but is nothing new.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles