Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Hey all you SL owners, when you meet other riders on the trail, do they mistake your SL for a non powered bike? I live near Tahoe and thanks to hikers and horse riders, the US Forest is now restricting EMTBs.

Not possible when they hear you riding! :D Man, so noisy compared to the Brose motor.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Rode today over 100km and motor was off about 60km. This bike is very good to pedal without assist, very good.
Battery was left 50-60% after rider.

#legday ?️‍♂️?️‍♂️

Screenshot_20200501_162315.jpg

IMG_20200501_153340.jpg

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
I may have a faulty plug or cable the range extender does not seem to fit very tight and when you turn the arm to lock it the cable is still loose and can easily be bumped off.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
It is not exactly LEVO SL related....
Have anyone experience small creaking noises coming from the crank/axle, with motor off or on, doesn't matter?
On my new Turbo Creo I only need small amount of pressure on the pedals to start creaking on the flat all the time.
You can also feel, that the axel has a small play, crank arms are tightened correctly. Something inside didn't get tightened properly or faulty bearings? :unsure:
Off road you probably wouldn't hear a thing, but motor unit is the same. :giggle:

Last edited:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I may have a faulty plug or cable the range extender does not seem to fit very tight and when you turn the arm to lock it the cable is still loose and can easily be bumped off.
have you tried putting it in with the extender not attached , it seems to be sensitive to cage position

Ricky1979

Feb 23, 2020
UK
I found the same when I first started using it, couldn’t get the thing to sit right, don’t know if it was just me but after a few rides it fits tight every time now.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
It is not exactly LEVO SL related....
Have anyone experience small creaking noises coming from the crank/axle, with motor off or on, doesn't matter?
On my new Turbo Creo I only need small amount of pressure on the pedals to start creaking on the flat all the time.
You can also feel, that the axel has a small play, crank arms are tightened correctly. Something inside didn't get tightened properly or faulty bearings? :unsure:
Off road you probably wouldn't hear a thing, but motor unit is the same. :giggle:
I’ve noticed a very slight bit of play when you pull sideways on a crank and if it was a bottom Brkt I’d be looking at nipping it up a tad. As this isn’t possible I’ve carried on riding and done around 400 miles more with no noticeable increase in play. Not sure if it’s been like this from new as never checked. I don’t have any noise coming from it while peddling that I know of but I’ve got a slight creak from the rear suspension.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
According to Spesh the motor should have 1-1.5 mm sideways play on crankshaft. Any more and its an issue!
Yes that was was my thinking, that there should be some play as it is really small, less than 1mm.
Other thing is kinda strange, when I stop pedaling and have my left leg in 6.00 o'clock position, I can feel and hear a slight click. Definity from crankshaft moving, going thru the crank arm, directly to the pedal. It felt like something is wrong with the pedals, but than I change them, same thing. Bike have only 200km on the road.
Maybe will try and send the request for now motor and be done with it... :p

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Yes, clockwise 90°. You can confirm rotation off the bike.
On the bike it should go from near vertical to near horizontal .

It turns easily once properly aligned - you should not have to force it.
Can be a bit fiddly. Try pressing the cap inward while turning the lever.
Cable tension can make it difficult. Mine fits best with the bottle cage slammed down.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
What mode were you in? I get a bit over 5k feet of climbing on just the bike battery. 2.5k off each extender
so many variables contribute to range and vert - weight , cadence, type of terrain, mode etc so it’s not apples to apples. I have tuned my setup but was mostly in my equivalent of trail. With my equivalent of turbo towards the end when I was needing to get home . If I had stretched it a bit more in eco and didn’t use turbo I could have hit 5kft as I was on that pace earlier in the ride

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
My ride yesterday was 31.36miles (49.96km) and I had 1082m (3550ft) elevation climb.
Just over 3hrs 30mins, and all in 40/50 (my Eco). Finished with 12% battery - I don’t have an extender.
Mainly on gravel / trail, with a few miles of roads in there too.

BLEvo says only 32km out of the 50km had assistance.

Last edited:

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
So then ,according to Spesh my new motor (lovingly designated here as "Tambourin") is now on the way. Although it runs smoothly, the noise you hear when shaken (similar to a keychain you shake in your hand) has become stronger and is now audible even while pedaling. It only disappears for a time when you wash the bike, but comes back after drying (about overnight) if you ride off-road for some time. I don't know what that could be at the moment, I'll let you know as soon as we find out.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I wouldn’t say the build is super compromised if you ignore the post and saddle (175g combined! That’s around 800g less than the standard dropper and saddle). The rest seems ok for a summer conditions light trail/XC build.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
For that purpose I would just go with a Willier 101fx, 15kg out the box before you go all weight weenie

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.54.20.png

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I wouldn’t say the build is super compromised if you ignore the post and saddle (175g combined! That’s around 800g less than the standard dropper and saddle). The rest seems ok for a summer conditions light trail/XC build.

They’ve put #enduro and #specializedgravity on the post. I wouldn’t think it’d be much use for either of them.
There’s got to be a compromise between weight and capability. I’d feel much more confident on my 17.5kg!

I thought my 148g saddle was lightweight ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles