Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
BLEvo does not affect your warranty, unless you don't change the wheel circumstance under 2000
I haven't been able to get Blevo to do anything modification wise. Was trying to get the top speed back to 20mph when I was running a mullet. Any changes I made did not stick

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
The BMC is a 52lb bike. If your average on your BMC is 12.7 and you can hold 14/15 on your acoustic then you shouldn’t have an EMTB but I’m sure you’re being subjective to support your comments.
12.7 to 15mph is a 20% increase. So if 50% of your ride was at 12.7 then likely ~20% was at 15. So ~70% of your ride was below 15mph. Of course on the shimano peddling above 20 mph is like pushing a train so we know that didn’t happen.
That leaves about 7 miles of your 24.5 mile ride that ‘could’ have been above 15mph and having a bike that is limited to 20 mph over 15mph is only. 33% increase in speed therefore pretty unsubstantial claim for the Aforementioned ride
Which none of this calculates ANY downhill Which would chip away at the 7 miles of 33% faster ride you’d have for your 20mph limited bike.
So your statement isn’t very logical uness you feel the need to argue over 7 miles above 15mph. And of course you didn’t post any screen shot so likely your statements are further subjectively skewed to support the spirit of your statements you make on a thread completely irrelevant to your bike.

?

I don’t have a screenshot of anything. Just the miles, time, and average. And I said 14/15 on “those” sections which are the roads and fire roads that I ride at 17-20mph on the BMC with assist.

it woulda taken me at least 2:30 to do that ride on my acoustic bike that took me 1:56 On my emtb.

Last edited:

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
I fail to see why you are moaning about the limit? So what if that doesn't fit with your schedule - get home later??

The limit is for safety. Same reasons roads have speed limits, if you allowed all ebikes to all go around doing 30mph with no limits, tax or MOTs there would be so many accidents. I welcome the limits. If you want to go over the limit you pedal. If you dont want to pedal and go faster? Do your motorbike licence and get an electic motorbike. I actually wish their was stricter punishment for 'tampered'/delimited bikes.

It seems odd that yurp would have a 15mph cut off due to safety concerns and the US have 20mph cutoff for safety concerns. To me it seems like it would be the other way around, but I’m not complaining!!!?

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
It totally makes sense why the SL would be so popular in countries where the cutoff is 15mph as the bike pedals so much easier when assist cuts out.
They are amazing and I LOVE mine. One of the key benefits is that you don't exert so much power so your recovery isn't knocked out - hence you can ride more often. It's also pretty easy to get your heart rate up into the 160's so the question of it being a good workout is super moot.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
They are amazing and I LOVE mine. One of the key benefits is that you don't exert so much power so your recovery isn't knocked out - hence you can ride more often. It's also pretty easy to get your heart rate up into the 160's so the question of it being a good workout is super moot.

agreed, and I have ridden the SL expert Carbon. Brilliant riding experience.?

Madog

May 29, 2020
Kentucky
Just thought I would share a cool DI2 solution. Zirbel (Zirbel.ch) makes a magnetic shifter that mounts inside of a Wisent carbon handle bar. The shift ring mounts on the outside of the bar. The di2 battery mounts on the inside of the other side of the bar. All the wires except the derailleur wire mount inside the bar and exit via a port just under the Display/junction. Works perfectly. I have a SL Carbon Comp. I've replaced the fork, drivetrain, wheels and 615g rear cassette to get the weight down to 16.5kg. Pic of the Wisent bar. Red thingy is the shift ring which can be custom made by Zirbel. I've used both DI2 and AXS. This is my personal favorite.

IMG_0168.jpg

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Hi guys. I posted a few days ago after testing a large red Levo sl comp at my LBS.
several of you kindly posted advice for me as I had a few concerns over sizing with me being just under 5’10.
Thanks to all the guys that responded with helpful replies.

I went back to the LBS today as they also had a black Levo SL Expert in medium, I test rode and found this size much better and more agile. This bike at was way over my budget of £6k.

I thought I’d try and ask for a cheeky good deal and managed to get...
the Levo SL EXPERT rrp£7499, a new helmet rrp£150 and Specialized boomerang pedals rrp£130 I paid £6800 so I felt I was getting a pretty good deal and I’m now the happy owner of the Levo SL Expert!

Had my first ride this afternoon around my local area woodland, the bike was easy to lift over the gateway entrance and handled like a regular MTB on the trailsthere are some really steep climbs there and I was amazed I was able to ride up them fairly easily in turbo mode, I’m really impressed So far.

The only issue I had was with the mission control app, it recorded the ride length, climb, speed etc but there is no map image, its just a blank white space, any ideas anyone?
May I ask what your inseam is and your arm length(armpit to wrist will do) i can't get to try any within 50 miles of me only ones in stock are online so the more info I can gather the better. How is the climbing in turbo is it comparable to any mode on a full fat bike??
Thanks

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
1500km and motor started to make click sound. No matter what ebike you get, you still will brake it. Dissapointed again.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
How do they compare to the Pike?
I will let you know after a few rides. Pike developed a bit of stiction after 200km or so.

Have had one ride so far, they need a bit more setting up / fettling. I really like this 3rd ramp up chamber. Can have super supple in initial stroke set more pressure in the ramp up chamber for bigger hits.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I need to measure HT angle again to make sure it was right, but the digital gauge stated 64.6 degree Head Angle.

Incidentally, has anyone measure their stock HT angle?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles