Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
I’m a heavy guy 103 kg, going for the SL expert (only model available at the moment). Should I change dampers straight away or ride with the stock configuration first? Planning an one month holiday in Norway as part of the summer holiday

I’m in the .1 ton+ league with my gear as well, running stock Comp Carbon dampers and they work good enough for me - there are areas for improvement for sure but tbh I have been riding it with my current tuning rather than spending the valuable time trying different setups. Expert has better fork so probably easier to adjust to your liking.

But you’ll want to replace the stock brakes, made a huge difference for me. Went for XT, Zee might give extra power for Norway.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
New transmission and tires

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

Donga

Feb 8, 2020
Hartbeespoort, South Africa
My 2018 Levo Carbon Comp in hospital - rode demo SL yesterday - 4 younger fit analogue riders, 3 Levo riders - 70kms 1,200 metres climbing - worked hard, finished with 50% battery (range extender empty) - rides easily through speed restriction, motor noisy (understandable, gear driven) - caught analogues on all climbs, stayed with them on gnarly downs - needed to draft them on flats - love the bike but feel every one of my 71years - SL great next bike for older analogue bike - at my age I need more power!!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Looks to me that all the dealers advertising ‘2021’ bikes are just doing for SEO purposes. They’re all 2020 bikes and specifications.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Has anyone changed the front chain ring - and to what effect?

Since putting my AXS derailleur on my Garmin screen, I’ve noticed I spend a LOT of time in 8/9/10 (mainly 9). Possibly down to me riding local trails and roads, so cruising along at 14-17mph... rather than struggling up hills at 5m

These cogs on my ‘rainbow’ rear cassette are now more silver than rainbow - so I’m guessing they’re getting more wear than they probably should.

I wondered if adding a couple of extra teeth to the front would put me down a few cogs at the rear... but then I guess that just moves the problem and means I don’t have the same 1/2/3 for climbing steep stuff. I rarely use 11/12, so would adding more teeth to the front mean I’d rarely use 9/10/11/12?!

I’m almost 700 miles down with that chain and cassette, and still way under 0.25% wear. Maybe I’m worrying about nothing?!

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Are they willing to risk selling a product that they don’t actually have? Smaller dealers maybe yes, but for example Evans...?

Why not? There are waiting lists for many Specialized lines. Especially right now.

I’m expecting some announcements this week about 2021 models so not long to wait.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Are they willing to risk selling a product that they don’t actually have? Smaller dealers maybe yes, but for example Evans...?
Of course. They'll just update the page with the real 2021 bikes when they are released.

Either that or they'll just sell you the 2020 bike.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yeah but one can argue this is fraud ?
I remember someone on here actually bought from a shop (I think it was Evans, but not 100% sure) and they were told the model was the latest model year. Turned out after they'd bought it that they found out if was in fact the prior year. So older spec and colours.

It's not just the SL that Evans are doing it on.

Heres the 2021 Kenevo.

They're either doing it for shady SEO purposes to get to the top of the Google rankings early, so when the new bike drops they just replace it in with the updated version. OR they are incompetent ?

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 09.10.50.png

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
This is not something Evans have done in the past AFAIK (having spent the last couple of years filtering on 'New Model' ebikes, looking for my next bike).

I suspect it's because they're selling out of 2020 and perhaps are trying to be a bit more honest and saying you're gonna have to wait for the 2021 to come in....

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
trying to be a bit more honest and saying you're gonna have to wait for the 2021 to come in....
Yes maybe. But, as an uneducated customer or someone who is not too bothered about latest model year shopping for an ebike now I could be fooled into thinking that I'm getting a 2021 model.

That 2021 Kenevo is actually in stock and available to buy.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Almost finished my bike build

AXS drive train
AXS seat post
Code RSC Brakes
Fox factory 36 forks
Enve wehels with I9 hubs
Enve bars
Burgtek stem
Deity grips
Deity Tmac pedals
S works saddle

Getting cane creek shock later his week then all done.

View attachment 33592

Looking good! The ENVE and Maxxis logos not lining up on the front wheel is throwing my OCD into overdrive!!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Yes i only noticed it when I looked at the photo, it will be fixed later this week.

What stand is that you have it on out of curiosity? I have a big Feedback Pro maintenance stand, but that looks ideal for not resting it against the wall, and maybe a quick chain lube?

Love the reflection in the photo ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles