Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
If you could - that’d be great. Looks ideal for day to day use rather than taking out the maintenance stand for simple tasks.

Its like one of these:

They are great for standing the bike up, you just have to be careful about not bending disk rotors with them due to the way they sit

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Hi guys. I posted a few days ago after testing a large red Levo sl comp at my LBS.
several of you kindly posted advice for me as I had a few concerns over sizing with me being just under 5’10.
Thanks to all the guys that responded with helpful replies.

I went back to the LBS today as they also had a black Levo SL Expert in medium, I test rode and found this size much better and more agile. This bike at was way over my budget of £6k.

I thought I’d try and ask for a cheeky good deal and managed to get...
the Levo SL EXPERT rrp£7499, a new helmet rrp£150 and Specialized boomerang pedals rrp£130 I paid £6800 so I felt I was getting a pretty good deal and I’m now the happy owner of the Levo SL Expert!

Had my first ride this afternoon around my local area woodland, the bike was easy to lift over the gateway entrance and handled like a regular MTB on the trailsthere are some really steep climbs there and I was amazed I was able to ride up them fairly easily in turbo mode, I’m really impressed So far.

The only issue I had was with the mission control app, it recorded the ride length, climb, speed etc but there is no map image, its just a blank white space, any ideas anyone?

That's pretty good. Pre-lock-down I was offered about 10% off a Expert SL plus extenders.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Hi guys. I posted a few days ago after testing a large red Levo sl comp at my LBS.
several of you kindly posted advice for me as I had a few concerns over sizing with me being just under 5’10.
Thanks to all the guys that responded with helpful replies.

I went back to the LBS today as they also had a black Levo SL Expert in medium, I test rode and found this size much better and more agile. This bike at was way over my budget of £6k.

I thought I’d try and ask for a cheeky good deal and managed to get...
the Levo SL EXPERT rrp£7499, a new helmet rrp£150 and Specialized boomerang pedals rrp£130 I paid £6800 so I felt I was getting a pretty good deal and I’m now the happy owner of the Levo SL Expert!

Had my first ride this afternoon around my local area woodland, the bike was easy to lift over the gateway entrance and handled like a regular MTB on the trailsthere are some really steep climbs there and I was amazed I was able to ride up them fairly easily in turbo mode, I’m really impressed So far.

The only issue I had was with the mission control app, it recorded the ride length, climb, speed etc but there is no map image, its just a blank white space, any ideas anyone?
regarding the map on mission control. See if it works next ride. It sometimes does weird things but works ok 99% of the time. One issue I get is no elevation gain.

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
1592245500436.png

Ooooh, glad i noticed that before it fell out on the trail! First time i had to tighten in 1200km, but pretty sure it wasn't that loose a couple of weeks ago...

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Strange that the ring should work it's way loose, there is no force on the ring when the crank is tightened and it appears to have Loctite blue as well. I'm going to check mine now!

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Ooooh, glad i noticed that before it fell out on the trail! First time i had to tighten in 1200km, but pretty sure it wasn't that loose a couple of weeks ago...

good catch, on my bike one was loose and 3 of 4 chainring bolts

Last edited:

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
View attachment 33702
Show your average ride speeds. I’d be surprised if you average is faster than 15mph (24kph).
I hauled ass this morning and it was all the typical German gravel trails. The trails that use up my suspension are pretty technical so average is much slower. And of course downhill the motor isn’t needed so speed limit is completely irrelevant.

speed limit is not irrelevant when comparing 15 to 20 mph for my typical daily rides which can include pavement miles to get to the trails and fast rolling dirt fire roads where I’m riding 17-20mph for miles at a time. With a 15mph cut out I’d be maxing at 15 unless going DH. The same areas I’m going 17-20 on my BMC I can hold 14/15 on my acoustic bike. Yesterday’s ride was 24.5 miles with an overall average of 12.7mph and a good chunk of that was over 15mph pedaling to connect the techy sections of singletrack. My average for the ride woulda been a good bit slower with 15mph limit.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
speed limit is not irrelevant when comparing 15 to 20 mph for my typical daily rides which can include pavement miles to get to the trails and fast rolling dirt fire roads where I’m riding 17-20mph for miles at a time. With a 15mph cut out I’d be maxing at 15 unless going DH. The same areas I’m going 17-20 on my BMC I can hold 14/15 on my acoustic bike. Yesterday’s ride was 24.5 miles with an overall average of 12.7mph and a good chunk of that was over 15mph pedaling to connect the techy sections of singletrack. My average for the ride woulda been a good bit slower with 15mph limit.

Same here, I have 6 miles of pavement to get to the 22 miles of dirt. I had to get home quickly last time and rode the last 11 miles at 18+ mph, turbo mode *and* 90% max heart rate.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
And I can assure you that popping out of a techy singletrack into a fast open single or double track and putting the afterburners on with assist up to 20mph is way more fun than being limited to 15mph lol.?

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
Same here, I have 6 miles of pavement to get to the 22 miles of dirt. I had to get home quickly last time and rode the last 11 miles at 18+ mph, turbo mode *and* 90% max heart rate.

yeah my typical road ride to trails is 4-6 miles mostly uphill. Yesterday only 4 of my 24.5 was on pavement as I took trails home as I had the time. I wouldn’t have had that time with a 15mph limit.

chinesederek

Feb 6, 2020
Windermere
If anyone is truly concerned over the 15mph restriction then fear not, i have a Planet 3 for sale. i only bought it out of interest, but where i live it's so mountainous that i barely trouble the 15mph limit, let alone anything higher than that. Only installed on the bike for one ride so in as new condition. Anyone interested??

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
yeah my typical road ride to trails is 4-6 miles mostly uphill. Yesterday only 4 of my 24.5 was on pavement as I took trails home as I had the time. I wouldn’t have had that time with a 15mph limit.

I fail to see why you are moaning about the limit? So what if that doesn't fit with your schedule - get home later??

The limit is for safety. Same reasons roads have speed limits, if you allowed all ebikes to all go around doing 30mph with no limits, tax or MOTs there would be so many accidents. I welcome the limits. If you want to go over the limit you pedal. If you dont want to pedal and go faster? Do your motorbike licence and get an electic motorbike. I actually wish their was stricter punishment for 'tampered'/delimited bikes.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Does anyone know how to get the watts you put out on the SL? Garmin is calculating wrong with the SL on lots of things so I don’t trust that. I smoked my ass today and garmin says I had a max of 100 watts which is nothing. Does the blevo work with the SL?

Blevo works with the SL. My Garmin matches up with it power wise.
94FF0CC1-134E-4863-BD5C-C5E9F8EEC397.png

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Yours makes sense mine doesn’t View attachment 33724
What garmin? My Edge 530 works fine. Make sure that you add all of the "sensors" - ebike, cadence, speed, power - not sure how many, but they will have the same ID. I also have to disable the Garmin looking for my other ebike. There is also a function to "calibrate" the power meter on the garmin. Maybe give that a go to see if that helps?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I couldn’t get my cadence or power to work on my Garmin 830 until I reset the factory defaults.
I paired it with the bike / cadence / power during the initial Garmin setup, and it’s been spot on since.

I’ve only used Blevo to view stats - never edited anything, so I can’t see how it’d void your warranty?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles