iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
First ride on mine today ?

34A91A3A-9995-4E16-95A3-3AD264A6267A.jpeg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I'm currently in conversation with Praxis, regards a shorter forged crank. For me, the actual length of crank is not an issue, it's the distance between the spindles, so I've asked if they could just drill me a 165mm crank arm that has a 155mm spindle-to-spindle measurement. They were open to the suggestion, as it's a medical need, so am hopeful of a positive outcome. In the meantime, I've spoken to both Hope and Miranda about it, as both produce aftermarket cranks. Both told me they were aware of this new standard but did not comment further.
who are you in contact with ? as im also in contact with them but im in contact with an actual person and hes told me some things .

whats his first name ? or is it just praxis bt email you are in contact with ?

thanks

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
It does.
Even if I'd bought an S-Works with these as standard, I'd still be replacing them, as I want the 165mm version.

Unfortunately as things stand, there is only 1 set of cranks available to buy at the moment - and thats the Praxis Carbon. I believe you can't even buy the alloy ones as spares yet - so if you damage one, you have to get the carbon as a replacement (according to a bike shop).

If there were other cranks available for the SL, then I'd probably pick something else... however there is no choice at the moment!

just hold on for a couple of months if you can. i have info but cant say to much just yet .

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I got 15% off the Expert, and would have got 15% off the Comp Carbon or S-Works if I'd chosen to.
£4675 for a Comp Carbon (with 15% off) gives a lot of scope for upgrades to reach £9799.

You can also sell the bits you remove and make some money back off that.
Not huge amounts, but I got the following for my Expert bits on eBay. Sold them on a £1 listing weekend, so I only have to give eBay £4 in fees rather than 10% of sale:
SRAM G2 RSC Brakes: £164
Fox 34 Performance Fork: £346
X-fusion Manic Dropper Post: £87
SRAM Eagle GX cassette / chain / derailleur / shifter: £181
Total: £778 (minus £4 ebay fees)
IM confused with your pricing as 15% off comp carbon is not £4675 ... its £5099 at retail £5999 for comp carbon .

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Tested the shimano 12spd drivetrain:
-xtr r/d
-xt casette
-xt chain
-xt sifter

Wow. Different planet compared to sram. Sifting is very smooth even under heavy pedaling. Also much quiter when smashing trough rock gardens ect.
Will test more tomorrow, maybe in bikepark.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Pure love with shimano drivetrain. Extremely smooth shifting, even under heavy pedaling in uphills or accelerating in segment.
Also the double shifting when accelerating is one thing i like.
So much better than sram!

Gonna sell my xx1/x01 set.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Pure love with shimano drivetrain.
i think i'm going to go for xt
1-could you use the existing cable housing, i would like to switch it out but is it a pain?
2- did you have to use the sram chain link on the shimano chain to get it to work with the sram ring ?

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
i think i'm going to go for xt
1-could you use the existing cable housing, i would like to switch it out but is it a pain?
2- did you have to use the sram chain link on the shimano chain to get it to work with the sram ring ?

1=there is a guide tube so changing the housing is easy.

2=yes

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Could someone tell me if the SL has hollow cranks please? ie a hole the goes through the middle of the cranks.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Enjoying the lock-down-friendly local trails on my SL last weekend. Enjoy the cheezy music!
Love the idea of this, so I did my own one yesterday... if anyone has 4 minutes to waste!
I never knew half of these trails existed prior to lockdown, so I guess something good has come from all of this. Not quite the trials I’ll be on when it’s all over - but some relatively entertaining bits in there considering it’s all local. Good to know for when I don’t have time to stick the bike on the car

Just wish I’d done it the week before in the sunshine!

Tobi

May 19, 2020
Croatia
SL owners...can you read data from speed, cadence and power-meter sensors of motor thru ANT+ protocol. Are this data’s visible on Garmin devices as sensors with ANT+ or an application is needed for this?
I have EDGE 810 and I know that i can read data from 3th party devices with ANT+.
Do you have any experiences with that?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
SL owners...can you read data from speed, cadence and power-meter sensors of motor thru ANT+ protocol. Are this data’s visible on Garmin devices as sensors with ANT+ or an application is needed for this?
I have EDGE 810 and I know that i can read data from 3th party devices with ANT+.
Do you have any experiences with that?
All working on my Garmin Edge 830.

Jandekker

Nov 9, 2019
Netherlands
hello, guys
i am new here and come from Holland
just bought an SL comp
does anyone know if you can fit a bigger chainring?
with 94bcd, i only find the original 30t.

thanks

Jan

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Says he used the 2021 frame set for his SL build.
‘Structurally, this is exactly the same frame, motor and battery as the current 2020 SW Levo SL frame’
Thanks for posting this. I was talking to Lars last week about his SL as we exchanged notes and experiences with this bike. He also mentioned that an updated firmware is available for the motor and batteries (main and extender) so I had my SL's firmware updated. I thought he mentioned that the wheel circumference can now be changed on the new firmware but when I tried it was still lock. I will ask him about this the next time I visit. Trail Head is my LBS and I have been supporting them since I started mountain biking. Lars and his crew are great. Every time I visit, I spend at least an hour chatting with him and his crew. BTW the CK matte bourbon hubs are gorgeous!

Last edited:

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
hello, guys
i am new here and come from Holland
just bought an SL comp
does anyone know if you can fit a bigger chainring?
with 94bcd, i only find the original 30t.

thanks

Jan

I installed a Wolftooth 34t, the chain guide still fits. Praxis notes to only use the 8 mm bolt to extract the crank, do not loosen the larger ring.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles