M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I just put a coil on and it feels awesome.. it probably needs a progressive spring to help with bottom out.. I have a huge stopper on mine

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Team! I need help!
I’ve installed a t type gx on my lce930, and in 12th speed, it rubs against the rear pivot:
@JimLee-Lightcarbon

IMG_3792.jpeg

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I would check make sure the cassette is seated properly.. no spacers behind it. I didn't have a problem with the UDH and a 12 sp cassette so it seems correct on the chainstay.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I would check make sure the cassette is seated properly.. no spacers behind it. I didn't have a problem with the UDH and a 12 sp cassette so it seems correct on the chainstay.
It looks like it’s properly installed, right torque, no spacer of course

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
This looks like cassette is too far out. From that angle I can see maybe 1 mm of the endcap between cassette and frame.
I’ve checked and the cassette is fully engaged… Jim is sending me a new bolt to solve the issue and I will try to change the chainring maybe to help as well

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
I’ve checked and the cassette is fully engaged… Jim is sending me a new bolt to solve the issue and I will try to change the chainring maybe to help as well
But it looks like the chain is touching the derraileur as well. It could also be freehub that is not all the way in.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
But it looks like the chain is touching the derraileur as well. It could also be freehub that is not all the way in.
You are totally right, the picture got me worried so I had to check this!
It looks like it's touching the derailleur but I guess it is the angle of the photo that causes that. In reality, the chain is clearly above the derailleur and there is a security margin :)
I will wait for the new bolts and see how this goes.

Also any of you already used a Bosch direct mount chainring on a M820 ? I thought this was compatible but @patdam makes me doubt :)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
You are totally right, the picture got me worried so I had to check this!
It looks like it's touching the derailleur but I guess it is the angle of the photo that causes that. In reality, the chain is clearly above the derailleur and there is a security margin :)
I will wait for the new bolts and see how this goes.

Also any of you already used a Bosch direct mount chainring on a M820 ? I thought this was compatible but @patdam makes me doubt :)
In reality i don't know because i use spider. For the crank arms,It's ISIS standard and i know that bosch fit (i use it). But for plate i never read that is the same teeths than bosch ?

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
Battery life tests.. Mostly flat with some step short climbs.
I road mostly on stock level 2 for 14 miles. - used about 15% of the battery.
Did the same on mostly stock level 5 and used about 40% battery. I'm 235lbs and that is pretty impressive..

I'm probably gonna build a 200wh battery to reduce weight.. I generally never ride more than 10-15 miles.

The motor and battery removal is about the worst of any ebike I've worked on mostly due to the cable routing.

@JimLee-Lightcarbon please get rid of the headset cable routing.. it is horrible.

That's my only complaints. Awesome bike!

Last edited:

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Battery life tests.. Mostly flat with some step short climbs.
I road mostly on stock level 2 for 14 miles. - used about 15% of the battery.
Did the same on mostly stock level 5 and used about 40% battery. I'm 235lbs and that is pretty impressive..

I'm probably gonna build a 200wh battery to reduce weight.. I generally never ride more than 10-15 miles.

The motor and battery removal is about the worst of any ebike I've worked on mostly due to the cable routing.

@JimLee-Lightcarbon please get rid of the headset cable routing.. it is horrible
Nice range, usually for 23km ride with 750m d+ I use 75% in S+ mode with a bit of boost.

quincymedic

Oct 1, 2024
Eastbourne, England
Hi everyone,first post on here!my frame just arrived yesterday, looks phenomenal! Just waiting on battery and motor now!

Quick question for those who have built before, can anyone recommend chain rings that can be used on the motor,preferably looking at installing a Hope chainring as most of the components I will be putting on it are Hope parts. Any advice warmly welcomed,looking forward to the build!

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Hi everyone,first post on here!my frame just arrived yesterday, looks phenomenal! Just waiting on battery and motor now!

Quick question for those who have built before, can anyone recommend chain rings that can be used on the motor,preferably looking at installing a Hope chainring as most of the components I will be putting on it are Hope parts. Any advice warmly welcomed,looking forward to the build!
you will receive a spider or direct mount chainring with your motor ?

sng_dk

Oct 3, 2024
Denmark
What am is missing here?!.. I have been looking at the geometry numbers and can't get the chainstay length to match with the other numbers!
It's been a while since i did trigonometry even it was part of my eductation..
I have been comparing chainstay, BB drop, wheelbase and Front/center. Too me it looks like at least one number can not be correct!
I hope it's the chainstay ;-)
Please enlighten me if I am doing something wrong in the calculations
IMG_0526.jpg

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
What am is missing here?!.. I have been looking at the geometry numbers and can't get the chainstay length to match with the other numbers!
It's been a while since i did trigonometry even it was part of my eductation..
I have been comparing chainstay, BB drop, wheelbase and Front/center. Too me it looks like at least one number can not be correct!
I hope it's the chainstay ;-)
Please enlighten me if I am doing something wrong in the calculations
View attachment 147694

Front center is probably wrong. It should be with 150mm fork but still offset can change and I have seen some strange A2C measurements in geometry charts.

On my bike, with 170mm fork and 51mm offset, I get 1280mm wheelbase, 457mm chainstay measured.

The relative long wheelbase is a good thing, very stable at speed.

sng_dk

Oct 3, 2024
Denmark
Front center is probably wrong. It should be with 150mm fork but still offset can change and I have seen some strange A2C measurements in geometry charts.

On my bike, with 170mm fork and 51mm offset, I get 1280mm wheelbase, 457mm chainstay measured.

The relative long wheelbase is a good thing, very stable at speed.
Thanks for input. I am quite sure stability is good, but I guess it will be with the trade-off, that manualling and flicking the back end will require a lot more effort. There is not a lot of other bikes in this category that long. More like 440-450

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
hello

I have a question, what money do you carry on your bicycles?
I currently put one with 32 teeth.
Would this bike work better with a 34 tooth or 36 tooth?
greetings

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles