M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

crackerman

Sep 12, 2024
MA
Can't seem to get power to my display. I have a second display and that won't power up either, so I don't think the issue is with the display. Battery is fully charged and I have a brand new main cables setup. What should I be doing to troubleshoot my issue? I don't want to install everything back into the frame until I know it's working. All cables are securely connected.

Thanks

IMG_6687 2.JPG IMG_6689 2.JPG IMG_6690 2.JPG

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Have you
a) Checked you have voltage at the motor
b) Connect the display you have mounted on the handle bars directly the cable going to the motor, hold the start switch under the the up / down toggles for a few seconds as it takes a while to start up.

Apr 1, 2023
Poland
Can't seem to get power to my display. I have a second display and that won't power up either, so I don't think the issue is with the display. Battery is fully charged and I have a brand new main cables setup. What should I be doing to troubleshoot my issue? I don't want to install everything back into the frame until I know it's working. All cables are securely connected.

Thanks

View attachment 148156 View attachment 148157 View attachment 148158
Where is speed sensor?

Radolf

May 9, 2024
Poland
Can't seem to get power to my display.
Disconnect the battery from the engine, reconnect it and then check if the display starts. If it starts the first time and then doesn't start the next time, the engine controller is most likely damaged.

===edit===

Also try disconnecting the buttons from the display and reconnecting it - does it start? try bending the pins in the plug. Try shorting the pins responsible for "POWER" directly at the display for 3 seconds.
Buttons.jpg

If you have BESST TOOL, does it read the SN numbers of the controller and display?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles