M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Last time Chili refused to send to Poland for warranty repair and rather she wanted to replace broken parts by myself (She did send me spare controller for free). Looks like Bafang have had a lot of motors returns for repair. ;) I do not like this approach though.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
So, as lucky as I am, I managed to screw (pun intended) a motor screw…
Anyone Knows if Lightcarbon can provide spare ones ?I need to remove this one first.
Also, quite strange to see the gasket was this bad after only 800km
IMG_2929.jpeg

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
ok guys I need your help, 800 km here and motor is dead. I did not ride much the pasts months and I'm in holidays tonight, I was expecting to ride more the 3 coming weeks... I'm so disappointed.
Anyway, here is the video of the sound of the rattle and the error codes.
Any idea ?
View attachment 145018
Agreed open it up your self, I”m interested to know if it has water ingress.
It is so frustrating that opening up the motor affects the warranty.
Please share your findings

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Agreed open it up your self, I”m interested to know if it has water ingress.
It is so frustrating that opening up the motor affects the warranty.
Please share your findings
How do they even know you’ve opened it? I don’t remember seeing any anti-tamper stickers or anything on my M560.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
How do they even know you’ve opened it? I don’t remember seeing any anti-tamper stickers or anything on my M560.
I don’t Even know if they can see it has been opened. But yeah I will have to open it.
It‘s not only water ingress for sure, as the wheel does not turn when going backwards

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I don’t Even know if they can see it has been opened. But yeah I will have to open it.
It‘s not only water ingress for sure, as the wheel does not turn when going backwards
Yeah those noises didn’t sound good, I bet you’ll find a completely dead needle bearing or a stripped/broken gear of some sort.

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I've only heard one person mention the linear linkage curve. Does anyone have the suspension linkage chart? Trying to pick a rear shock. I'm a coil guy so if it's pretty linear then that's a no go

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
I've only heard one person mention the linear linkage curve. Does anyone have the suspension linkage chart? Trying to pick a rear shock. I'm a coil guy so if it's pretty linear then that's a no go
I advise you to pay attention to the canecreek dbcoil kitsuma with a Progressive Rate VALT spring. I managed to buy 3 pieces on sale at a very low price. They are very convenient to install in any bike. They have a standard stem with a diameter of 6mm DB and 8mm kitsuma. These rods are used on the rear shock absorbers of the rear doors of cars. The turner turned out the necessary parts for me and I was able to install these shock absorbers in all my bicycles.

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa

There are charts on light carbon homepage. Leverage curve goes from 3.2 to 2.4 in a straight line, so according to that a coil would fit fine. Still my air shock is setup fine, but I do use tokens to have even more progressive, this is why I am hesitating on trying coil.

I just like coil so much I can’t get it out of my head. And the rockshox hydraulic bottom out is working very nicely on my nukeproof mega.

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
There are charts on light carbon homepage. Leverage curve goes from 3.2 to 2.4 in a straight line, so according to that a coil would fit fine. Still my air shock is setup fine, but I do use tokens to have even more progressive, this is why I am hesitating on trying coil.

I just like coil so much I can’t get it out of my head. And the rockshox hydraulic bottom out is working very nicely on my nukeproof mega.
That's not horrible.. I'm gonna try the ohlins TTX1. It's was on sell for $400. I ride mosty specialized stuff with EXT coils. I'm 6'4 230lbs and air generally sucks.

EDIT: I totally forgot you can get a general leverage ratio by doing (TRAVEL/STROKE) 150/55= 2.7.. that's actually pretty progressive.

Last edited:

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
Hello, I ride my LCE930 since couple of months.
I’m completly fan of this bike 😜. I mostly ride enduro trail.
My bike setting is on mullet with 150mm fork on front. I have 155mm crank
Next month I try to ride on full 29 and remove my LYRIK to update with a ZEB with 160mm
I share with you exemple of riding from m’y holidays on French Alpes in Chamrousse with my LCE930.
Petit Faon trail

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
Hello, I don't know if I don't know how to do it or if it is not available with my display. But I can't get it to work
Sorry my instruction was a bit off.
1.down arrow until all PAS lights (blue) are flashing
2. Press and hold down arrow button

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
Next month I try to ride on full 29 and remove my LYRIK to update with a ZEB with 160mm
I share with you exemple of riding from m’y holidays on French Alpes in Chamrousse with my LCE930.
Petit Faon trail
What I plan on running.. should be better geometry with 29 rear.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
LCE930 with Shimano motor..
still no XL🤑
Wow! Very nice, it’s probably more powerful than the M820.
But 4k for the frame set… more than 2 times the price of the Bafang version

mikelikesbikes

Aug 8, 2024
Poway, Ca
ive been reading and may of missed it as this forum is quite long now. Im building a 48v battery for my lce930 that is on its way and want to know about battery canbus. For those of you who made your own batteries... does it matter if you have canbus or not? from pictures it seems like most dont. will i still be able to see battery life from the display without it? Thanks!

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
No it doesn’t and yes you can still the battery level on the display and the app.
While it maybe possible to build a 48V battery to fit this frame it will take some time to configure the layout where as 36 & 43 volts is easy,. Are you thinking 39 18650 cells 3 x 13?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Bafang has an installation manual that lists torque settings. I can look it up if you don’t find the doc (on their site).

The go+ app is for the rider experience — a customer subset of the Besst tool for configuration that can make minor tweaks to power output, a speedometer, map and trip features. For configuration if you have Besst you can do much let than the app.
I think I checked the torque values when I built my LCE971 with m560 750w and they were absurdly high for carbon frame.

Be sure to add assembly grease (carbon fibre friendly) to the bolt holes and on the outside where the metal parts touch the frame. I forgot to do it on mine first time and after few rides the creaking noises started. I removed the bolts and greased everything up and put everything back together. Haven't heard a noise since.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland

I have the Super Deluxe Ultimate with HBO on my LCE971 and I love the HBO! Though I'm on the same boat as you. I have not yet installed tokens inside but I definitely will later on. I have no experience on coils so not sure if it would work better for me.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Petit Faon trail
Which version of Lyrik you have currently and which version of Zeb you are going to test?

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
Which version of Lyrik you have currently and which version of Zeb you are going to test?
If you are over 200lbs.. I would go with a 38 fork. I have a Zeb with an Avalanche damper that I will be using. Being 240lbs, stock dampers don't do well with rebound.. The new 3.1 is decent. Other brands out there have better dampers such as Manitou and Ohlins. I put the new X2 in my Fox 40 and it's actually really good. Stay away from anything that has an ebike tune.. which for some reason is a lighter tune.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
If you are over 200lbs.. I would go with a 38 fork. I have a Zeb with an Avalanche damper that I will be using. Being 240lbs, stock dampers don't do well with rebound.. The new 3.1 is decent. Other brands out there have better dampers such as Manitou and Ohlins. I put the new X2 in my Fox 40 and it's actually really good. Stay away from anything that has an ebike tune.. which for some reason is a lighter tune.
I'm only 160 pounds 😁 I have heard alot of good things about the 3.1 damper. I currently have fox 36 2021 performance elite with 160mm travel. Been happy with it so far but might upgrade to Lyrik Ultimate 3.1 160mm travel later.

Regarding the E-tuned forks I though this comment was right about them. Not sure how you have had the experience of them having lighter tune. 🤔

"The E-tuned version has damping optimized for the additional weight of an e-bike. Therefore, this version is interesting but not essential if you're a light rider."

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I'm only 160 pounds 😁 I have heard alot of good things about the 3.1 damper. I currently have fox 36 2021 performance elite with 160mm travel. Been happy with it so far but might upgrade to Lyrik Ultimate 3.1 160mm travel later.

Regarding the E-tuned forks I though this comment was right about them. Not sure how you have had the experience of them having lighter tune. 🤔

"The E-tuned version has damping optimized for the additional weight of an e-bike. Therefore, this version is interesting but not essential if you're a light rider."
For Fox is a "less" dampened tune.. I verified it with Fox. Supposed to help with long rides ..

If you are only 160 and don't race Enduro, the RC 3.1 may feel a bit harsh. The grip2, fit4, or the newer X would probably be better for you.

The rockshoxs are really good at race speed, Fox has a way better air spring and dampening for lighter riders IMO.

If you like messing with stuff, the Manitou and ohlins are the way to go.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
For Fox is a "less" dampened tune.. I verified it with Fox. Supposed to help with long rides ..

If you are only 160 and don't race Enduro, the RC 3.1 may feel a bit harsh. The grip2, fit4, or the newer X would probably be better for you.

The rockshoxs are really good at race speed, Fox has a way better air spring and dampening for lighter riders IMO.

If you like messing with stuff, the Manitou and ohlins are the way to go.
Oh... that's interesting..

Yeah I don't race but where I live we have tons of hills and forest trails everywhere with big roots and rocks. I also do jumps (some medium jumps at local bike park) but nothing big like gaps or jumps of 5m-10m (10 meters about 34ft or something). Also the fact that I ride LCE971 m560 750w with thumb throttle which I sometimes use to get back to high speed quickly after slower section/feature. So far I have been happy with my Fox 36 grip 2 and super deluxe ultimate HBO and don't see a reason yet to upgrade but it also comes down to my experience. Don't know if I would even be able to say if it felt better. Been only riding for little over a year.

I would prefer a RS fork instead of Fox because it's easier to self service than a Fox. Haven't done single service myself yet but will do it for my super deluxe ultimate when the time comes. I will most likely get the forks full service done by a professional but I can do lower legs.

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
Oh... that's interesting..

Yeah I don't race but where I live we have tons of hills and forest trails everywhere with big roots and rocks. I also do jumps (some medium jumps at local bike park) but nothing big like gaps or jumps of 5m-10m (10 meters about 34ft or something). Also the fact that I ride LCE971 m560 750w with thumb throttle which I sometimes use to get back to high speed quickly after slower section/feature. So far I have been happy with my Fox 36 grip 2 and super deluxe ultimate HBO and don't see a reason yet to upgrade but it also comes down to my experience. Don't know if I would even be able to say if it felt better. Been only riding for little over a year.

I would prefer a RS fork instead of Fox because it's easier to self service than a Fox. Haven't done single service myself yet but will do it for my super deluxe ultimate when the time comes. I will most likely get the forks full service done by a professional but I can do lower legs.
I can tell you the RS ultimate is pretty horrible for me compared to many others. But it may be fine at your weight.

Big jumps.. may want to play with the tokens see how that effects it. It will help with the jumps. I generally turn up the compression for jump lines. But you can get used to soft forks on jumps as well ..they will just soak up your boosts.

mikelikesbikes

Aug 8, 2024
Poway, Ca
No it doesn’t and yes you can still the battery level on the display and the app.
While it maybe possible to build a 48V battery to fit this frame it will take some time to configure the layout where as 36 & 43 volts is easy,. Are you thinking 39 18650 cells 3 x 13?
I bought 4 boxes of samsung 50s 21700 5000mah 25a battery to make either a 2ps13 @480wH or 3ps13 @720 wH in frame and then an external battery for longer weekend rides. I thought i saw 39 cell diy packs of 21700 that fit the frame, and figured id git it a try. a 720Wh 36v battery pack would take 40 cells, and i saw somewhere that people can take advantage of more voltage at the end of a 48v pack on 43v firmware or something like that... I want the internal battery pack to be good for 1.5-2.5 hours, and be able to get double that for weekend adventures.

for bms i bought a daly 60A 48V
also i speced my m820 out as 48v... but what does that mean? Is it a physical comopnent configuration or just firmware. If i abandon the 48v can i flash with besst and change to 43 or 36?

thanks

IMG_1755.jpg

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Ok if you need to read the guys on this forum who built 21700 batteries, you will need to get the layout sorted, but ultimately you need to wait until you get the frame as it’s really tight. My build was 36V with 18650 cells 3 x 10 so it was easy. Worst case you can change the firmware..
I wanted to keep the weight low, more wh = more weight and I have a full powered bike for big rides, I love my ride at 19kg full enduro.

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
I bought 4 boxes of samsung 50s 21700 5000mah 25a battery to make either a 2ps13 @480wH or 3ps13 @720 wH in frame and then an external battery for longer weekend rides. I thought i saw 39 cell diy packs of 21700 that fit the frame, and figured id git it a try. a 720Wh 36v battery pack would take 40 cells, and i saw somewhere that people can take advantage of more voltage at the end of a 48v pack on 43v firmware or something like that... I want the internal battery pack to be good for 1.5-2.5 hours, and be able to get double that for weekend adventures.

for bms i bought a daly 60A 48V
also i speced my m820 out as 48v... but what does that mean? Is it a physical comopnent configuration or just firmware. If i abandon the 48v can i flash with besst and change to 43 or 36?

thanks

View attachment 145302

Another DIY battery on the way :D

samsung 5300mh.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles