M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

Rohai

Aug 19, 2024
Singapore
Awesome stuff! Can anyone advice what aftermarket crank would fit that Bafang M820? Notice Rob has the RF Era crank on that.. is it just the ebike specific ERA crank?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Awesome stuff! Can anyone advice what aftermarket crank would fit that Bafang M820? Notice Rob has the RF Era crank on that.. is it just the ebike specific ERA crank?
I believe the M820 uses ISIS cranks, one of the few Bafang motors that does. The M510/600/560 use Bafang’s own style.

Last edited:

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
Xtraman is correct. ISIS cranks. I wanted shorter cranks than Bafang provided. Bought a set of Prowheel ISIS cranks from Amazon and bolted them on.

kevinkeenan

Jul 31, 2023
US
IMG_2736.jpeg
IMG_2737.jpeg

kevinkeenan

Jul 31, 2023
US
I had seen these bikes online and never even realized until very recently that they were actually a very local company to me, right in my home state. If they had offered a 971 frame bike I probably would have bought from them. I like the idea of smaller shops being able to sell their own bikes even though I know the frame isn't truly "theirs".
I think they use the LCE39 for the full Powerline. Tarek is a great guy and these bikes are awesome as you all well know. :)

Rohai

Aug 19, 2024
Singapore
Sorry guys, another quick question from a noob here.. for the M820 motor, what offser/ q factor crank should i be looking at?

NWCO Emtb

Dec 18, 2021
Steamboat Springs Colorado
Sorry guys, another quick question from a noob here.. for the M820 motor, what offser/ q factor crank should i be looking at?
Same here. I was told from Carol at LC that the bike has a Q factor of 175? Drawing of motor shows no offset from center I believe?
So... I'm thinking I need a ISIS crank with a Q of at least 13mm to get to 175mm or more?
Now...I'm just a cabinetmaker digging building ebikes and I could be way off?
Miranda sells a bunch of cranks for our motor. Heavy though! Carbon ones are nice but no 155/160. Bummer. That's my two cents.

IMG_2656.png IMG_2658.png

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Same here. I was told from Carol at LC that the bike has a Q factor of 175? Drawing of motor shows no offset from center I believe?
So... I'm thinking I need a ISIS crank with a Q of at least 13mm to get to 175mm or more?
Miranda sells a bunch of cranks for our motor. Heavy though! Carbon ones are nice but no 155/160. Bummer. That's my two cents.

View attachment 145739 View attachment 145740
I found miranda quite responsive when i asked them about what cranks i needed for my shimano e8000. I'd guess they'd have an idea on the m820

Radolf

May 9, 2024
Poland
I will show off my second LCE930 - a bike for my wife for romantic trips to the mountains, unfortunately my wife didn't like it after the first ride and is not interested in further trips. The bike with a 13S3P 16.7Ah, 793Wh battery on LG INR21700-M58T cells, weighs only 19.8kg :)
Maybe someone is interested because I don't need two identical machines or maybe I'll be tempted by something on Bafang M510...
20240821_185548.jpg
20240821_183455.jpg

Philipp_BO

Aug 23, 2024
Germany
I will show off my second LCE930 - a bike for my wife for romantic trips to the mountains, unfortunately my wife didn't like it after the first ride and is not interested in further trips. The bike with a 13S3P 16.7Ah, 793Wh battery on LG INR21700-M58T cells, weighs only 19.8kg :)
Maybe someone is interested because I don't need two identical machines or maybe I'll be tempted by something on Bafang M510...
View attachment 145741 View attachment 145742
Hi Radolf,

I might be interested . Could you please send me details like location and your asking price?

Rohai

Aug 19, 2024
Singapore
Can anyone advice on the rear linkage for the LCE930, how progressive or linear is it? Would a coil shox be suitable? Just a tad worried if it's too linear and running coil would just eat thru it's travel.

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL

I know the brose 2.1/2 motor is offset about 10mm to the drivetrain side. I'll measure it once I get the motor. Most everything is gonna be around 150 for Boost. On my regular bike, White Industries makes the wide Q factor I could find. I like the DH width. . I got the praxis HDs on my Kenevo and its 160 and 10mm longer on the drivetrain side.. seems like XX may be the way to go with the price and the weight.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023
Uk
Can anyone advice on the rear linkage for the LCE930, how progressive or linear is it? Would a coil shox be suitable? Just a tad worried if it's too linear and running coil would just eat thru it's travel.
The frame has a progressive leverage ratio. We have ran a coil on our test frame (for around 12 months), and current demo. You won’t necessarily require a progressive coil due to the nature of the curve (we use a standard spring).

There is fair amount of compression especially in the early stroke (so bear that in mind for the old pedal bob), but it really holds the ground well and is super supple; and without a harsh bottom out. Just make sure you get the correct spring rate to your weight for the suspension design, that is key.

We will be uploading recommended spring rates on our website for coils. Just a bit of work to do on everything else yet….! View attachment DSC01523.jpeg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
After my issue with the m820, Bafang had accepted the warranty and requested that I sent back the motor in Poland, which is great !
This is good news for everyone in EU that Bafang is accepting local warranty while bought in China !

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
After my issue with the m820, Bafang had accepted the warranty and requested that I sent back the motor in Poland, which is great !
This is good news for everyone in EU that Bafang is accepting local warranty while bought in China !
Great to hear! What problem did you have with your motor though?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles