M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Hello Rob,

Go for 43V or 48V battery.
Recently I saw Bafang started to ship 43V motors with reduced power to 10A. Dont know why. You can flash there then 43V and 13A firmware.

Or better to go for 48V and firmware v12.1 which is from April 2024. Can help you with this firmwares and settings.
View attachment 144766
4812E = 48V and 12A peak.

With DPC245 display (fw version 1.2) you will be able to connect to GO+ and set power levels. Unfortunately I have not seen yet on M820 possibility to set Assistance level %, like on M510 FC2.0. :(
It would be challenging to build a 48V battery to fit this frame.

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
Hello Rob,

Go for 43V or 48V battery.
Recently I saw Bafang started to ship 43V motors with reduced power to 10A. Dont know why. You can flash there then 43V and 13A firmware.

Or better to go for 48V and firmware v12.1 which is from April 2024. Can help you with this firmwares and settings.
View attachment 144766
4812E = 48V and 12A peak.

With DPC245 display (fw version 1.2) you will be able to connect to GO+ and set power levels. Unfortunately I have not seen yet on M820 possibility to set Assistance level %, like on M510 FC2.0. :(

FYI I have the basic DP E181.CAN" display (lights and buttons with no text readout), and I can connect with the Go+ app.

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
Hit 100 miles with the new LCE930. Totally happy with the bike.

The only issue I had was a defective lower headset bearing I didn't notice until the first ride on the trail. Had a spare, so a simple swap and no issues since. Everything else has been perfect for me.

Ride on everyone!

1722719655164.jpeg

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL

Is this the same frameset. Looks identical.. is there a better way to purchase from the US?

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA

Is this the same frameset. Looks identical.. is there a better way to purchase from the US?
Looks the same to me too. I ordered mine shipped to the US complete with the motor and battery from an Alibaba supplier. @JimLee-Lightcarbon might be able to point you in the right direction.

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
hello

Do you know if the walking assistance mode works with the bafang m820 motor?
In the instructions on the display it says how to do it, but I can't get it to work.
greetings

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
hello

In the instructions on the display it says how to do it, but I can't get it to work.
greetings
works for me. I have the “basic” E181 display (lights/buttons but no text)
1. Press down arrow past Pas0 until all blue PAS lights are flashing.
2. Press and hold up-arrow button.

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
works for me. I have the “basic” E181 display (lights/buttons but no text)
1. Press down arrow past Pas0 until all blue PAS lights are flashing.
2. Press and hold up-arrow button.
Hello, I don't know if I don't know how to do it or if it is not available with my display. But I can't get it to work

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
Trying to compile info on this. This looks like a sick build so I wanna pull the trigger on it. I think I got most of it. Few unclear questions.
-BESST TOOL: What features do you get without an account? Can you raise speed limit? Update firmware? (These are my main concerns) If not, does someone provide a service where they can do it remotely? I was stuck with 15mph on my last one..
-Does Bafang offer a 48V battery that fits this frame now? I've seen a few other frames that offer 48V batteries.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Trying to compile info on this. This looks like a sick build so I wanna pull the trigger on it. I think I got most of it. Few unclear questions.
-BESST TOOL: What features do you get without an account? Can you raise speed limit? Update firmware? (These are my main concerns) If not, does someone provide a service where they can do it remotely? I was stuck with 15mph on my last one..
-Does Bafang offer a 48V battery that fits this frame now? I've seen a few other frames that offer 48V batteries.
The Besst tool gives you the most options for programming and is probably worth the price. I use the Go+ app and get what I need (PAS level power, startup angle, and acceleration). It would be nice to be able to flash the firmware of my choosing which you can do with the besst tool. There is also the K1 Flash tool that @Dado offers which can flash firmware and set ride parameters. I'll probably pick one of these up soon.

Only the 43v motor fits this frame, the CEF50 frame also uses the M820 motor has more battery options if having a longer range is desired. I am getting around 30 miles of range per charge riding in sport mode.

Last edited:

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
The Besst tool gives you the most options for programming and is probably worth the price. I use the Go+ app and get what I need (PAS level power, startup angle, and acceleration). It would be nice to be able to flash the firmware of my choosing which you can do with the besst tool. There is also the K1 Flash tool that @Dado offers which can cash firmware and set ride parameters. I'll probably pick one of these up soon.

Only the 43v motor fits this frame, the CEF50 frame also uses the M820 motor has more battery options if having a longer range is desired. I am getting around 30 miles of range per charge riding in sport mode.
Thanks! Is there any motor power NM/watts difference going 48V? Vs 43

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
As I understand it it's still the same NM and watts. The 43v just requires more amps to get the same results. I am not an expert on this though, someone with more knowledge might chime in here.
Yes .. some motors take advantage of the higher voltage.. some just use less amps making less heat

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
hello

greetings
hello
say that the display I have is the DP E181.CAM.

Can anybody help me.

thank you

Thai B

Aug 5, 2024
Australia
Hey guys.

I recently received my frame and am eagerly waiting for the motor and battery kit to arrive. Just want to ask a few questions to prepare for the build.

Should I use loctite or grease for the motor mounting bolts and what torque should these be tightened to?

I will be receiving version 2.0 of the DPC245 so I won't be able to connect to the GO+ app, however, I also bought the BESST tool. Since I cannot connect to the GO+ app will I lose functionality even though I have the BESST tool?

Any other tips for the build and using the BESST Tool will be much appreciated, Thanks.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Hey guys.

I recently received my frame and am eagerly waiting for the motor and battery kit to arrive. Just want to ask a few questions to prepare for the build.

Should I use loctite or grease for the motor mounting bolts and what torque should these be tightened to?

I will be receiving version 2.0 of the DPC245 so I won't be able to connect to the GO+ app, however, I also bought the BESST tool. Since I cannot connect to the GO+ app will I lose functionality even though I have the BESST tool?

Any other tips for the build and using the BESST Tool will be much appreciated, Thanks.
You don’t’ need the go+ app to use the besst, you can update fw and change speed limit.

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
hello
I'm finally going to do the first outing with my LCE930.
I have downloaded the Bafang go+ app and the bafang go.

Can you recommend me if I have to do something with these apps, like change parameters or something else before making my first trip.

greetings

lkdoido

Apr 8, 2024
Brasil
I'll give my opinion as an enthusiast, I'm waiting for my m820 to arrive.
First, it's worth checking the engine/display version and battery parameters. After that, go pedaling and feel the bike, and then make adjustments to make your ride more enjoyable. The cool thing here is to test and validate.

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
hello
I'm finally going to do the first outing with my LCE930.
I have downloaded the Bafang go+ app and the bafang go.

Can you recommend me if I have to do something with these apps, like change parameters or something else before making my first trip.

greetings
Congrats on your build! The apps are nice to have but I haven’t done anything with them except check the odometer and battery state of charge (I have the display that has no text readout). if you want to tweak the motor output slightly the app has some ability to do that but I haven’t felt the need to change anything from stock settings.

robk

Jun 12, 2024
USA
Hey guys.

Bafang has an installation manual that lists torque settings. I can look it up if you don’t find the doc (on their site).

The go+ app is for the rider experience — a customer subset of the Besst tool for configuration that can make minor tweaks to power output, a speedometer, map and trip features. For configuration if you have Besst you can do much let than the app.

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
hello.
Well then you recommend that I do not touch anything and leave it as it is configured from the factory. Thanks to all for the help

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
ok guys I need your help, 800 km here and motor is dead. I did not ride much the pasts months and I'm in holidays tonight, I was expecting to ride more the 3 coming weeks... I'm so disappointed.
Anyway, here is the video of the sound of the rattle and the error codes.
Any idea ?
View attachment tempImage8Xi3M3.jpg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Just open it up and look inside what is making the noises.
Is still good to have one spare motor. ;))
I'm afraid I'll loose the warranty and if it's an expensive failure...
What's your experience with Chinese dealers and warranty ?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I’m with dado - for the price of a new motor I’d just keep a spare on hand. If they require you to ship it back between shipping costs and time without a bike I’d rather spend ~$500 and buy a whole new motor.

Could maybe then try deal with getting it repaired/fixed and sell the replacement one if necessary.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
ok guys I need your help, 800 km here and motor is dead. I did not ride much the pasts months and I'm in holidays tonight, I was expecting to ride more the 3 coming weeks... I'm so disappointed.
Anyway, here is the video of the sound of the rattle and the error codes.
Any idea ?
View attachment 145018
I've just checked Error 09 : change the motor ...

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I’m with dado - for the price of a new motor I’d just keep a spare on hand. If they require you to ship it back between shipping costs and time without a bike I’d rather spend ~$500 and buy a whole new motor.

Could maybe then try deal with getting it repaired/fixed and sell the replacement one if necessary.
You're right, I'll probably get a spare, as my wife also has a M820 on his CEF50. Maybe in the meantime I'll steal hers... but no family ride during the holidays :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles