Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
View attachment 143676
Got the bike - love the color and looks!! Rides very well too :)
Question to current owners: I've seen on another thread folks using the 29er setting with the 27.5 wheel in the rear, to lengthen chainstay and wheelbase (like Matt suggests in this article's "geo and sizing" section). Did other riders here try this setting and if so, what's your frame size and what are your impressions? Thanks.
I am running shock in low, cs in long, and fork in -1 with mullet and it rails! The long cs makes the front/rear center ratio better. I run 160mm cranks and run 24% sag in rear and never have rock strikes riding very technical high speed rocky descents. This thing also jumps very well.

GolfChick

May 16, 2019
UK
I have size S3 and with the stock 150mm dropper I was not able to slam it all the way down. I have switched to a smaller diameter 31.6 PNW 170mm dropper and can get the same insertion depth as the stock dropper but with more travel.
Are we finding the dropper cable moves quite easily in the frames? I’d love to get a longer dropper as I have a fair amount spare (240mm from frame to saddle rails) but Specialized think there is only 200mm insertion depth. I don’t fancy having to strip lots of stuff out of my new bike just to try to replace it.

Carlos_C

Aug 9, 2024
Oslo
2025 Levo SL will get a piggyback genie shock!
I couldn’t wait so I inserted an EXT 😉

IMG_7012.jpeg

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
but not the progression rate of the spring
The ext Storia has a hydraulic bottom out, in fact the best in the business. They developed it thirty years ago in automotive. It is the superior shock on the market. Only thing with potential to be better is Vorsprungs new shock. If someone still thought they needed even more progression they could buy a progressive spring instead of a linear one. I’ve never seen a person who needed a progressive spring on a Storia.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
The ext Storia has a hydraulic bottom out, in fact the best in the business. They developed it thirty years ago in automotive. It is the superior shock on the market. Only thing with potential to be better is Vorsprungs new shock. If someone still thought they needed even more progression they could buy a progressive spring instead of a linear one. I’ve never seen a person who needed a progressive spring on a Storia.

I can corroborate. I have the Storia on my SL and the Vorsprung Telum on my analogue. They’re the best shocks I’ve ridden, and unfortunately I’ve tried a lot. They go about their duties in different ways, but both are phenomenal. They cost more, but not having to buy and guess spring rates makes up for a lot.

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
I can corroborate. I have the Storia on my SL and the Vorsprung Telum on my analogue. They’re the best shocks I’ve ridden, and unfortunately I’ve tried a lot. They go about their duties in different ways, but both are phenomenal. They cost more, but not having to buy and guess spring rates makes up for a lot.
I had an ext E-Storia on a turbo levo- simply sublime. Tried the tigon which was also a great shock but not as good.

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
In terms of feeling of the bike - what’s the difference between the stock shock and a fancy one?
Where there is a weird fluttery wallowing there is perfect support and traction, where you are blowing through travel in inconsistent ways you are finding support and a mid platform to kick off of, where there is an unexpected clang at bottom out there is a smooth and controlled ramp towards the end, and most importantly, you are getting all three without compromise unlike the usual 3 choose 2.

Jazzii

Jan 25, 2024
Slovakia
Hi there. Would like to fit coil shock to Levo SL gen2 but have no idea which spring rate to start with. I am 80 kg kitted. Any suggestions?
Thanks for help!

guglez

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Thanks, I know that calculator. I am more interested in personal experience of Levo SL coil riders with weight about 80kg.
You can try this:

thjey are adjustable.

Carlos_C

Aug 9, 2024
Oslo
I am 80kg (with gear) and use 575 spring on a Storia V4. But have heard that other brands, e.g. Fox, run on lower levels for that weight 450’sh….

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
Hola. Me gustaría instalar un amortiguador de muelles en el Levo SL gen2, pero no tengo idea de qué tasa de resorte elegir. Peso 80 kg con el kit. ¿Alguna sugerencia?
¡Gracias por la ayuda!
80 Kg + Ohlins = Súper Alloy Racing 475
80 kg + Ohlins + Cascade Link = H&R 525
SAG 30%

Schmusetiger86

Oct 17, 2024
DE
Hi,
i want to install a 2025 RockShox Super Deluxe RC2T shock with the appropriate tune in my current Levo SL.
I can find two shocks with the article numbers:
00.4118.454.023 and 00.4118.454.024
Unfortunately I can't find the difference :-/
Can anyone help me find out which is the right shock?
Thank you in advance.
Regards
Jan

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Hi

RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T w/ HBO - 210x55 - Specialized Levo S2-6 (2023+) - C2​

RS Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - 210X55 Linear Air, 0Neg/2Pos Tokens, Reb55/Comp30, Lockout 4, HB, Standard NoBushing(8x20)C2 SpecializedLevo (S2-S6)2023

RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T w/ HBO - 210x55 - Specialized Levo SL S2-6 (2022) - C2​

RS Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T - 210X55 Linear XL Air, 0Neg/3Sleeve Tokens, Reb55/Comp30, Lockout 4, HB, Standard NoBushing, 90Deg(8x20)C2 SpecializedLevo SL(S2-S6)2022

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles