Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Totally agree. However, at least here in the US, if the fines for a company selling out of regulation ebikes start to happen the companies will stop. There are way more M620 bikes being offered than as mentioned from various companies that mostly are just rebadging Ali bikes. The hunter type market seems to be one that has adopted it as an example and appears to be popular. These, what I would describe as "fly by night", companies will scatter like roaches I predict. But as you say individuals will still find a way to get ahold of high power bikes on a onesy basis so they won't disappear completely. I don't have any plans on getting rid of mine.

It have a bigg differency between EU and USA. in EU it have not différencies between classic bike and "legal" E-bike, we can ride exactelly same outdoor track. Mostly of the users and all the profesional are aware that it is a great advantage and take care to not compromise it with using illegal e-bike.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
hola @Miliki,
No estoy seguro de por qué el complemento de traducción no funcionó para su publicación (¡no importa!).
¿Tiene alguna consulta sobre cómo pintar los marcos o los diferentes colores que puede pedir el E22?

Miliki

May 26, 2022
España
hola @Miliki,
No estoy seguro de por qué el complemento de traducción no funcionó para su publicación (¡no importa!).
¿Tiene alguna consulta sobre cómo pintar los marcos o los diferentes colores que puede pedir el E22?
Hola,la pintura no me importa mucho de momento,ahora lo que quiero es saber de componentes y cuadros de ebikes.Hello, painting doesn't matter much to me at the moment, now what I want is to know about ebike components and frames.
hola @Miliki,
No entiendo porque no lo hace automáticamente

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hola,la pintura no me importa mucho de momento,ahora lo que quiero es saber de componentes y cuadros de ebikes.Hello, painting doesn't matter much to me at the moment, now what I want is to know about ebike components and frames.
No entiendo porque no lo hace automáticamente
no te preocupes por eso
¿Cómo podemos ayudar?

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
perdón por el retraso @Miliki.
bafang-full-suspension-frame-for-m600-m500-m510-motor.jpg

No voy a dar ninguna impresión sobre el Frameset anterior hasta que llegue.

pero esto es más barato que el E10 y E22.
GBK (Green Bike Kit) ha comenzado a distribuir estos marcos.
image.png

Alimentado por el M500/M600/M510 con una capacidad de batería de 840w (48v 17.5ah), este marco emtb de aluminio con recorrido de la rueda trasera de 175 mm parece interesante.

Puedo mantenerte informado sobre cómo se ve el marco en persona 👍🏿

Miliki

May 26, 2022
España
Si. Lo compro en Alibaba.
Me lo enviaron hace un par de días.
Supongo que tengo dos meses de espera.
[/CITA]
perdón por el retraso @Miliki.
View attachment 88888
No voy a dar ninguna impresión sobre el Frameset anterior hasta que llegue.

pero esto es más barato que el E10 y E22.
GBK (Green Bike Kit) ha comenzado a distribuir estos marcos.
View attachment 88889
Alimentado por el M500/M600/M510 con una capacidad de batería de 840w (48v 17.5ah), este marco emtb de aluminio con recorrido de la rueda trasera de 175 mm parece interesante.

Puedo mantenerte informado sobre cómo se ve el marco en persona 👍🏿
Pues estaría genial la verdad,muchas gracias.
Una duda que tengo es que sin con 48v 17,5 ah,la batería dura más que la de 36v y 21100 ah ,como lleva la que te comente Olympia

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Pues estaría genial la verdad,muchas gracias.
Una duda que tengo es que sin con 48v 17,5 ah,la batería dura más que la de 36v y 21100 ah ,como lleva la que te comente Olympia
rango en términos de kilometraje, no es la mejor manera de determinar la capacidad de la batería. muchas variables pueden influir en el alcance/uso de la batería de una bicicleta eléctrica.

Evixone

May 27, 2022
France
I'm going to order an e22 soon, I'm looking into going from 160mm of travel to the rear wheel, I'm wondering if I put a 230x65 shock with a 2mm offset ring on each side of the shock, which is a total of 4mm of offset so the shock will be a 226x65, only 1mm more than the original 230x60.
The geometry would be almost unchanged, but will the rear of the suspension triangle touch the rear seat tube in full compression?

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I'm going to order an e22 soon, I'm looking into going from 160mm of travel to the rear wheel, I'm wondering if I put a 230x65 shock with a 2mm offset ring on each side of the shock, which is a total of 4mm of offset so the shock will be a 226x65, only 1mm more than the original 230x60.
The geometry would be almost unchanged, but will the rear of the suspension triangle touch the rear seat tube in full compression?
This is what I plan to do. I have a 230/65 coil from another bike. I can shim the coil down to 60mm travel. But I want to see if I can run the extra 5mm with the offset bush's.

My frame is at the painter now. I didn't check before I dropped it off

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Si te refieres a obtener el mejor rendimiento de la bicicleta eléctrica a través de la capacidad de la batería, darle al motor una ventaja mecánica siempre ha sido un buen método.
Sin embargo, vale la pena mencionar que no todas las baterías de bicicletas eléctricas están construidas de la misma manera.
20220402_135535.jpg

Si uso una batería de 48v como ejemplo,
20211108_153722.jpg

por lo general, puede obtenerlos con celdas LG o celdas Samsung.
IMG_20190318_092054.jpg

un paquete de batería típico (48v17.5ah) podría consistir en
A. Celdas Samsung INR18650 35E
o,
B. Células LG INR18650 MJ1

Naturalmente, las células de Samsung son mejores. por lo tanto, siendo más caro.

si puede, siempre pregunte sobre las celdas dentro de la batería @Miliki 👍🏿

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Lol.
Apologies for the Spanish posts to all English readers. Not too sure why the translation plug-in didn't work for Miliki
Anywho as I was explaining, batteries which are rated '48v17.5ah' can consist of different cells being used to build the pack.

Typically from what I've seen, it would either be:-
A. Samsung INR18650 35E
or,
B. LG INR18650 MJ1

If you can, always check to see which cells are used within the pack.
If anyone struggles or requires guidance, don't hesitate to reach out to me 👍🏿

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Currently, I've left my E22 with my suspension expert to look into 'possibly' over-stroking @Evixone.

@bram.biesiekierski has also asked about this as well but its the existing linkage which is the issue.

If my suspension chap can calculate whether a revised linkage can achieve this, I'll look into liaising with one of my local fabrication companies to see what can be done. But I'll gladly say that suspension kinematics was never my strong point when it comes to mtb/emtb. So I'll reference my suspension chap in terms of his deduction and examinations once he's finished 👍🏿

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Currently, I've left my E22 with my suspension expert to look into 'possibly' over-stroking @Evixone.

@bram.biesiekierski has also asked about this as well but its the existing linkage which is the issue.

If my suspension chap can calculate whether a revised linkage can achieve this, I'll look into liaising with one of my local fabrication companies to see what can be done. But I'll gladly say that suspension kinematics was never my strong point when it comes to mtb/emtb. So I'll reference my suspension chap in terms of his deduction and examinations once he's finished 👍🏿
I think if you adjust the yoke part that connects the shock to the rocker linkage, and use offset bushes, that would be all that needs to be modified/replaced to get more travel by over-stroking the shock. Similar to what Thaeber did with his E10.

Simply over stroking the shock by itself won't work, because the seat stay bridge will foul the seat tube at full compression.

But if you use a longer stroke shock to gain more wheel travel, and use the offset hardware to effectively increase the shock eye to eye, and then modify the yoke part so it doesn't foul the seat tube. You could gain that extra travel at the extension end of travel, not at the compression end of travel.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I think if you adjust the yoke part that connects the shock to the rocker linkage, and use offset bushes, that would be all that needs to be modified/replaced to get more travel by over-stroking the shock. Similar to what Thaeber did with his E10.

Simply over stroking the shock by itself won't work, because the seat stay bridge will foul the seat tube at full compression.

But if you use a longer stroke shock to gain more wheel travel, and use the offset hardware to effectively increase the shock eye to eye, and then modify the yoke part so it doesn't foul the seat tube. You could gain that extra travel at the extension end of travel, not at the compression end of travel.
Nothing to add mate! 👍

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Bloody hell!!!!
20220531_225616.jpg

It arrived quicker than I expected. Ordered on a Tuesday and arrived literally a week later all the way from Philadelphia to the UK via UPS😀
20220531_225632.jpg

Huge shout out & many thanks to Christini Bicycles for the 104bcd spider adapter for the M620.

This will certainly come in handy 👍🏿

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Bloody hell!!!!
View attachment 89284

It arrived quicker than I expected. Ordered on a Tuesday and arrived literally a week later all the way from Philadelphia to the UK via UPS😀
View attachment 89285
Huge shout out & many thanks to Christini Bicycles for the 104bcd spider adapter for the M620.

This will certainly come in handy 👍🏿
Nice. I'm just ordering one now. Gonna end up costing AU$200 to get it to Aus. But it's the only option available that I can find currently.

Im still waiting for my motor and battery. One package said it was "on board for delivery" yesterday. I was home all day, and it never came. The other package is in Australia now. The only update on the shipping just appeared in Australia customs house. No other updates prior.

It's weird, the frame came FedEx I think. And was quick. The other 2 packages are using shonky china shipping. And then using Aramex for local delivery. Aramex is THE WORST COURIER on the earth. They have thousands and thousands of 1 star reviews on Google reviews. Everyone says they are slow, and unreliable, and sometimes just outright loose your shit. Their own website says 10-14 day delay in my area because of "extreme staff shortages" or somethingike that. What an utter disgrace.

I am more and more certain that each part (frmae, battery, motor) came from a different place in China. It looks like dengfu use decent shipping. But the others use a povo pack slow boat from China, then deliver via mule for the last leg. Given the price for shipping was USD$540. I think that someone is skimming on the shipping. $540 probs be about right if you used FedEx, DHL, UPS to express 3 different packages. But definitely something wrong when only 1 out of 3 gets the premium service, and still cost $540.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Nice. I'm just ordering one now. Gonna end up costing AU$200 to get it to Aus. But it's the only option available that I can find currently.

Im still waiting for my motor and battery. One package said it was "on board for delivery" yesterday. I was home all day, and it never came. The other package is in Australia now. The only update on the shipping just appeared in Australia customs house. No other updates prior.

It's weird, the frame came FedEx I think. And was quick. The other 2 packages are using shonky china shipping. And then using Aramex for local delivery. Aramex is THE WORST COURIER on the earth. They have thousands and thousands of 1 star reviews on Google reviews. Everyone says they are slow, and unreliable, and sometimes just outright loose your shit. Their own website says 10-14 day delay in my area because of "extreme staff shortages" or somethingike that. What an utter disgrace.

I am more and more certain that each part (frame, battery, motor) came from a different place in China. It looks like dengfu use decent shipping. But the others use a povo pack slow boat from China, then deliver via mule for the last leg. Given the price for shipping was USD$540. I think that someone is skimming on the shipping. $540 probs be about right if you used FedEx, DHL, UPS to express 3 different packages. But definitely something wrong when only 1 out of 3 gets the premium service, and still cost $540.
please kindly keep us posted as to the delivery situation regarding the battery and motor bram.biesiekierski. I'm still in touch with Dengfu so I'm sure they'll look at avenues to improve both distribution and shipping.
Everyone's feedback is essential imo 👍🏿

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
please kindly keep us posted as to the delivery situation regarding the battery and motor bram.biesiekierski. I'm still in touch with Dengfu so I'm sure they'll look at avenues to improve both distribution and shipping.
Everyone's feedback is essential imo 👍🏿
Will do.

As I said, what I suspect is happening : I think each component is coming from a different distributor. What I think is happening Is that the motor distributor and the battery distributor are skimming on the postage. I don't blame dengfu for this, although, if this is the case, they should try and stamp it out.

The dengfu frame came fast and reliable. I just checked my delivery docket and it was sent by UPS. (I think I said FedEx up above.)

But the other 2 parts are sent via some shonky discount delivery service. That by itself is not really the issue. The issue is that I paid 540usd for it. That should be plenty enough to use a premium delivery service for all 3 packages. What I suspect is that the 540usd is enough so that each component can be premium delivered. But the battery and motor distributor are using cheap delivery and skimming the difference. (Just a hunch)

1 of 2 things could be done to remedy this. 1 ensure that all parties use the premium service that is being paid for. Or 2, continue using the shonky delivery option, but pass the savings on to the person paying for it.

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia
Bram, my battery finally arrived in Tas yesterday, so final shipping breakdown was:

- March 31 - ordered & paid
- Late April - Early May - various parts shipped
- 8 May - frameset delivered
- 19 May - wheelset delivered
- 24 May - m510 motor delivered
- 31 May - battery delivered

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
In other news. The rest of the bits n pieces are trickling in.

Fork has arrived.
As have PM adapters, chain, chainring, dropper lever, shift cables.
Have ordered the christini adapter, an orange hope tech3 V4 brake set to match my existing tech3 E4. Got those for a steal aswell, as they were on clearance pricing to make way for the tech4s, then I scored an additional 15% discount aswell. And I have a set of e13 165mm bosch cranks on the way aswell.

I was on the fence between 160 and 165, but most 160 have sold out. And I found the e13 165 for au$102. Which is not much more than the cheapest cranks i could find from miranda etc on amazon. I figured a name brand forged alloy crank a good option when the price difference only about au$25.
20220529_113240.jpg

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Bram, my battery finally arrived in Tas yesterday, so final shipping breakdown was:

- March 31 - ordered & paid
- Late April - Early May - various parts shipped
- 8 May - frameset delivered
- 19 May - wheelset delivered
- 24 May - m510 motor delivered
- 31 May - battery delivered
Do you recall who the courier service was? I'm guessing it was similar to me, with UPS for frame and wheels?? And budget for the motor/battery????

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia
- Frame was UPS, ex-HK 28 April - 10 May.
- Battery was SCA Express → Aramex AU/Fastway AU, 6 May - 31 May (looks like it came as on a ? bulk container, then deconsolidated in Sydney).
- Motor was SCA Express → Aramex AU/Fastway AU, 7 May - 24 May (also looks like it came as on a ? bulk container, then deconsolidated in Melbourne).

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
- Frame was UPS, ex-HK 28 April - 10 May.
- Battery was SCA Express → Aramex AU/Fastway AU, 6 May - 31 May (looks like it came as on a ? bulk container, then deconsolidated in Sydney).
- Motor was SCA Express → Aramex AU/Fastway AU, 7 May - 24 May (also looks like it came as on a ? bulk container, then deconsolidated in Melbourne).
Aramex. That is the hold up for sure. You are lucky it even arrived. They are the worst.

Only thing I would willing use them to freight, is a turd in a box. Atleast that way I would get the satisfaction of knowing there is shit-loaf decomposing for 3-4 weeks in one of thier warehouses somewhere.

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia
Funny thing is, I ordered a smaller (12Ah), lighter-weight battery for the E10 as an extra from Hipack Battery Store via Aliexpress on April 8th and it arrived by the end of the same month.

Jallu

May 31, 2022
Finland
Hi all, new here.

Thanks to this thread I’m starting to build my E22 soon.

I first ordered UART M620 48 V but sadly I got CANBUS version instead. It seems that seller list UART models but can’t provide them, since Bafang apparently doesn’t make them anymore. There is also CANBUS M620 52 V model existing. Since I apparently can’t get UART anymore I was wondering should it try to change my 48 V to 52 V model? Or can you still use 52 V on 48 V CANBUS system? Is it even worth the hassle to try to get seller to change my 48 V to 52 V model? I don’t have any battery yet.

Thank you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles