Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
Could just be a website error ... looks like it still exists .. unless you've pulled it temporarily due to Hancill fuelled global demand ..

Just took this from the link I posted ...

View attachment 49621

I wait anxiously for their answer. would like to have something to use my spare parts on

0201BE3B-5C6C-4D2A-8764-8B5C88F77237.jpeg

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Ah I think parts of China are again locked down with COVID, has anyone checked to see if they are in a lock downed zone.

Theres also a global shipping problem with the ship owners cutting back on the number of boats actually working, expecting a major drop in requirements only to find the opposite. Evidentially the containers and loads within are everywhere but where needed and by consequence boats are taking months rather than weeks to get to England. Vice versa raw carbon, epoxy and components are not able to sourced in China.

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
Ah I think parts of China are again locked down with COVID, has anyone checked to see if they are in a lock downed zone.

Theres also a global shipping problem with the ship owners cutting back on the number of boats actually working, expecting a major drop in requirements only to find the opposite. Evidentially the containers and loads within are everywhere but where needed and by consequence boats are taking months rather than weeks to get to England. Vice versa raw carbon, epoxy and components are not able to sourced in China.

just as we write about it I get answers from them. They can ship in late February. so the order is placed now

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey Rob,

Very nice bike.

I have a question about the battery.
On the website from Dengfu they say it is a Dengfu battery :
What are the dimensions of the battery ?

Can it be compared with the Bafang 820Wh battery or is it totally different ?

View attachment 49678

it’s totally specific to the shape of the e10 frame. Don’t have measurements to hand, but I doubt any other battery will fit as the shape is unique.

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
The Bafang M600 has 104 BCD mount/spacing so you can put anything on it. However, there's so much output from the motor you'll feel that the 40T is just right. The downside with my wifes luna X1 is that the cranks are pretty long and she has pedal strikes a lot. There aren't too many options on how to move to a shorter crank. They use a proprietary crank mount.
I see. Hope theres a solution to the crank soon. Thanks

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
That is so much better. Mine has 4 x Allen bolts securing it.

It is also visible that cover is different on both side to avoid water infiltration in battery casing. It seem that the increasing of cost is justified by update design on frame. interesting to know if another modifications ? I am waiting for other pics of battery and his assembly

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
Hi Rob!
Did you mount a 160, 180 or 203mm brake disc at rear ? I would like to know which adapter is needed to set a Shimano 203mm brake disc?
Is it the Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM (180mm -> 203mm) ? Thus do the E10 frame support 180mm as standard ?
Or is it 160mm as standard for the E10 frame, and I must find a 160mm -> 203mm adapter ?
Thanks

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Hi Rob!
Did you mount a 160, 180 or 203mm brake disc at rear ? I would like to know which adapter is needed to set a Shimano 203mm brake disc?
Is it the Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM (180mm -> 203mm) ? Thus do the E10 frame support 180mm as standard ?
Or is it 160mm as standard for the E10 frame, and I must find a 160mm -> 203mm adapter ?
Thanks
As previously stated, the rear is a 180mm rotor Post brake setup. Old argument, but why would you want a 203mm on the back, you would need a 220mm rotor ( probably bigger ) at least on the front to get the right bias between front and rear.

Animalector

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
that's interesting. I never really considered brake bias by design, since you can lock the rear with pretty much any disc brake, I always figured the bias was up to the user's finger input..

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
that's interesting. I never really considered brake bias by design, since you can lock the rear with pretty much any disc brake, I always figured the bias was up to the user's finger input..
Andy, I've always assumed that there should be equal pressure on both levers to brake normally, however the human brain can do wonders for modulation. But ask the question, if you don't need a 203mm disc to get the braking power to lock up the rear, why fit one only to use the brain to have to compensate the less finger pressure needed.

Anyways its an old old old argument that Gary will be along any minute to give his pennys worth. :) shall we get back to the Cheeb and let owners work out whats best for them.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It really depends on your riding and braking style, there is no right or wrong. Look at some of the top enduro racers, some run bigger rotor on the back, some on the front, some at both end, and then you get Martin Maes who runs 180mm both ends.

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
As previously stated, the rear is a 180mm rotor Post brake setup. Old argument, but why would you want a 203mm on the back, you would need a 220mm rotor ( probably bigger ) at least on the front to get the right bias between front and rear.
Thanks for this advice and for the answer to my question, but I'm old school and given my specific use, I use my rear brake a lot more than my front brake ...
203/203 is ideal for me.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hei Guys,

so what is the latest price of the frame.It was mentioned that the price went high?

I am thinking to take the polish one, although they give only 1 year warranty.

mes93

Jan 6, 2021
Poland
Hei Guys,

so what is the latest price of the frame.It was mentioned that the price went high?

I am thinking to take the polish one, although they give only 1 year warranty.

I asked them about guarantees as well. In a few days they will have an updated website with an online store and the warranty will be for two years! Supposedly, they will have 3 new specifications available: Economy, Intermediate and Pro (M600 & M500)

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
perfect,
I asked them about guarantees as well. In a few days they will have an updated website with an online store and the warranty will be for two years! Supposedly, they will have 3 new specifications available: Economy, Intermediate and Pro (M600 & M500)

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Perfect,
i think it is better to buy from Poland, since the delivery will be way cheaper . customs already paid etc...

Greets

Sava

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
Few test, moutain is currently under snow. On hills around my house, Where usually i can empty the batteries, with ascends of several down track in max and middle mode , it remained 40%.
I have done another exit with my friends (without AE) where i return usually with +- 30% with the shimano, it remained with more than 70%. I am confient to perform my usally exit in moutain (+- 1500 D+) whitout worrying of consumption
The shimano is the canyon with 500wh?? How mucho do you Weight?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles