Bafang M560

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I think almost all bikes do that, it’s both a protection mechanism for the battery so it’s not drawing full current at a very low SOC and a warning do you that you need to get back ASAP because it’s about to die.

As you writing, M560 is starting to reduce power from 20%. From 10% it is noticeable a lot. All Bafangs are doing it.
One trick to avoid this is to put there BBR and in Battery mode 2 (will show Voltage instead of SOC %) power limitation is gone. Using it when returning home and when I know I can make it also with full power.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
As you writing, M560 is starting to reduce power from 20%. From 10% it is noticeable a lot. All Bafangs are doing it.
One trick to avoid this is to put there BBR and in Battery mode 2 (will show Voltage instead of SOC %) power limitation is gone. Using it when returning home and when I know I can make it also with full power.
I’ve never even ridden my current bike below about 50%, it’s just a BBSHD with a 52v/14ah pack that I usually keep on PAS 1 so I’ve never even approached the cutoff threshold to see what it does. Is the % they show on the display actually matching the total capacity of the battery, or the safe usable capacity? Meaning if you ran it to 5% are you actually at risk of damaging the battery by going too low or is that 5% actually like 15 or 25% true SOC for the battery?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
It is showing usable energy and Bafang is ending too high. Dont be affraid to go down to 0%. All SOC estimation algorithms usually shows usable capacity.
Dont worry, down to 3.0V per cell you wont damage battery.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
It is showing usable energy and Bafang is ending too high. Dont be affraid to go down to 0%. All SOC estimation algorithms usually shows usable capacity.
Dont worry, down to 3.0V per cell you wont damage battery.
I always forget these packs can handle discharging to lower voltages much better, I used to be into RC car racing where we used LiPo batteries where low voltages from over discharging led to puffed and sometimes burning batteries lol.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I did not want to do a bad reputation to M560 with my noise test videos, where not comparing to voice loudness. I do like this new motor a lot and became my favourite after 1 ride. Also like new shifting technique, which is possible with throttle and AXS. No hard shifts anymore or stop pedalling. I can upshift even in steep hills, with releasing throtle for half a second and wont loose momentum.

If you just pedalling the sound is acceptable (of course we can not compare with standard 250W motors). No more taking attention on the trails and people also dont recognize when I catch them (like with first version, they were turning head even 20m away).

And some subjective finding, after few hundred km it seems to me it is less noisier.
What I am really surprised, I do not hear any rattling!

Shame bafang did start to sell that first loud versions. I guess this motor will make its reputation and will become popular as M600.
I have let few of my friends test drive my bike (Lightcarbon LCE971 with m560 750w). None of them have told me that the noise is too bad. Some of the friends are non ebike drivers and some have experience with ebikes. No one, even the road bikers have said the sound is too much. Especially if you run it purely without throttle. If you use throttle the sound obviously get higher in higher rpms but it's not bad.

I think my hub/freewheel is alot louder than the motor 😅

About the shifting. It is possible to instal the gear shift sensor for the motor as well. I did so on mine. It works decently fine but not perfect. I'm not sure if you can change the settings for the power cut off with besst tool but if so I'm sure you can get it to work extremely well. I just removed mine because I want to test the motor without it but I have a throttle in use so I can use this same tactic Dado is speaking about. However I don't stop completely with throttle but give it 5-10% power to nicely shift. I mastered it with my old ebike which has bbs02b 750w and no gear shift sensor.

Few people have said that the motor is less noisy after few hundred kilometers but I'm not sure if this is true. I think it might be placebo effect or you just getting used to the noise but I also have to say that it does feel considerably less noisy. 😂

I really like this motor and I also truly believe people will love this motor!

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
In the video is that sound somehow boosted.

I release throttle completely, and going on Eco, then possible still to pedal and shift.

Hard to tell if used to noise, but seems it is better as was in the beginnig.

kuba4333

Aug 11, 2024
Poland
Here is 52V firmware. Have not tried yet though.

Anybody tried 48V 750W with 52V battery? That must be sweet. ;)
if I have a 48v engine m560 750w (I have 52v batteries, the battery percentage is wrong) can I upload 52v software?

is there any risk of damaging the controller? should I check somewhere by serial number if I can upload such software?

I use LG m58 21700 battery, 70pcs. everything works fine except for the wrong percentage display. Dengfu E82 frame, the battery fits edge to edge into the frame box

Screenshot_2024-08-18-16-22-21-288_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Try the firmware and let us know. I dont have 52V batt.
Dont be affraid, you can still roll back to 48V firnmware.

kuba4333

Aug 11, 2024
Poland
I installed the 52v firmware (MMG5300C5222F801035.5-MM G5300.750.C 1.0), for the bafang m560 750w and it works correctly with a 52v battery, the battery percentages are displayed correctly, unfortunately the max power has dropped from about 1300w to max 1160w (value shown on the display), I will test it in the mountains but it seems to me that the max power has actually decreased slightly

Koiratero

Sep 11, 2024
Finland
Is there multiple version of this motor, 500w and 750w? Kinda confused, apparently some kind of noise differences between variants.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Is there multiple version of this motor, 500w and 750w? Kinda confused, apparently some kind of noise differences between variants.
Yes, but it’s firmware changes only allowing higher current to achieve the 750w, physically they’re the same motor. Noise is the same as well, what changed was essentially a redesign or a v2 of the motor that was more of a running change around May of this year that cut the noise down a pretty good amount.

Koiratero

Sep 11, 2024
Finland
Yes, but it’s firmware changes only allowing higher current to achieve the 750w, physically they’re the same motor. Noise is the same as well, what changed was essentially a redesign or a v2 of the motor that was more of a running change around May of this year that cut the noise down a pretty good amount.
Any way to identify "old batch"? Looking to buy this motor, but still little bit concerned about this.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Not easy. What I noticed, old M560 had lasered serial number, new does not have, have a silver sticker only.
You should be getting now only new version.. Only if you find some seller on Ali, who has still old stock.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
The manufacture date would be a way, I thought I remember seeing it somewhere on there, but wouldn't be easy to actually get that from the seller, or know the exact date when the switch was. Fortunately sellers on Alibaba and GBK pretty obviously put something along the lines of "UPDATED QUIET VERSION" in the title of their listing to make it easy enough to know. And reputable sellers are aware of the switch as well, so can probably tell you if they're from the newer stock.

Edit: Now that I think about it, isn’t the 750w only the newer quieter version? I thought the re-release of the 750w version coincided with the quieter version being released, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
Latest firmware from Chili

Attachments

• MMG5300C4819F801007.4_G5300_500W_45_29-2293_Git-73d4a48a_20230927_1036.bin
    139.9 KB · Views: 21

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Were you given any sort of release notes on what’s changed? Is there a 750w version available as well?
Filename suggest it's 500W firmware and it's from September 2023
I'm sendind 750W firmawe from February 2024

Attachments

• MMG5300C4825F801001.4_G5300_750W_45_28-2230_Git-839f108a_20240202_1026.bin
    139.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Yesterday I received my second m560 engine from the July production. New look of the sticker with the engine model etc. and a new bafang badge on the side. I am still waiting for the shipment with my second dengfu e82 frame.

Along with the engine I received a DP C245 display in version 2.0, i.e. with BLE 5.0, which until now did not work with the Bafang Go+ application. Now it works. Checked, it connected to the display without any problems and you can change the engine parameters in the same way as when connected to the display in version 3.0.

I will let you know when I check the noise level compared to my first m560 from the February production of this year.
1000010253.jpg

1000010254.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles