Bafang M560

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Just take the circlip off remove the seal behind it, check that’s not damaged, grease the inner lips, out outer and push it on using a socket, make sure it stays straight.
you should be able to get a replacement seal from any good local bearing supplier.

Thanks. I removed the C clip and was able to push the seal in properly.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
A motor noise testing room!
I was thinking the same thing, I’m quite impressed at the facility actually. Makes you wonder though, how in the world was the original M560 ever released into the wild when they have a dedicated acoustic testing room like that???

That was a really good video, I’m surprised to see them speak so highly of Bafang, I always figured channels like that only ever cared stuff from the big guys you see on mainstream bikes (Shimano/Bosch/Brose). It would be cool to see Bafang motors end up in one of the more popular brands of bikes in the US from a major manufacturer, really seems like they could do a better job of reliability and power than some of the guys. Most of those bike companies probably wouldn’t want to deal with Bafang selling them outside of dealer channels though.

Last edited:

rfarsocal

Apr 24, 2024
San Diego
Did some good amount of testing of M560 - 750w on trails here in socal... after finally able to have controller replace as it was DOA. ( Sent to Bafang service center and they replaced the controller and sent it back )

I replace my Luna M600 Ludi with M560 so torque wise really no comparisons.... but M560 did good on trails, really didn't felt anywhere that i needed more torque, did close to 3000ft climb and it didn't overheat or anything... most of the climbs were in sport mode.

Sport mode felt comparable to Turbo mode on turbo Levo... I watched watts all along an in some places watts did go over 600+ in sports mode and 700+ in sports+ mode.

Its definitely louder but not that much noticeable to me.... What i liked most was the power efficiency... M600 with Ludi (840wh battery) with 24mile trail and 3000ft elevation, i would return with around 45% battery.

With M560 doing trail multiple times, i return home with around 70% battery left, so definitely better power consumption... Ludi anyway hogs power and wheel jump up due to inconsistent power delivery.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I was able to put my LightCarbon LCE971 together tonight for the first short test. I have the m560 750w. The motor intelligence feels awesome. The motor definitely is loud but I don't care about that personally. It's too early to say much though. Literally rode only few kilometers. Still need to tweak shifting, brakes, suspension and I haven't even opened the Bafang Go+ app yet.

Tldr: super short test, feels awesome but noisy.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Thanks for the updates - more than the noise I think the lack of overheating on a big climb is the best news. I’ll take slight noise for good power and reliability (I always ride with music on anyway). If the M560 does end up taking off at the same rate as the M600 did I expect someone will make a plastic gear for it eventually. If the M600 with the Ludi controller was able to work with it I see no reason why the 750w stock power would be too much for one.

rfarsocal

Apr 24, 2024
San Diego
Exactly what my thinking is... Still have m600 ludi that i can put back but M560 is handling what I have thrown at it so far... So no complaints!

Thanks for the updates - more than the noise I think the lack of overheating on a big climb is the best news. I’ll take slight noise for good power and reliability (I always ride with music on anyway). If the M560 does end up taking off at the same rate as the M600 did I expect someone will make a plastic gear for it eventually. If the M600 with the Ludi controller was able to work with it I see no reason why the 750w stock power would be too much for one.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Exactly what my thinking is... Still have m600 ludi that i can put back but M560 is handling what I have thrown at it so far... So no complaints!
Take M560 if you ok with sound.
It is a sweetspot in power - 1250W and it is not overheating as much as M600, which is great. Also pedalling is fine and power distribution. Finally some controller user-configurable power settings. (UART has many many more :)

There is throttle locked to 45kmh. Which is annoying if you used to ride fast. ;)
If somebody would like have throttle limit removal tool, let me know. If I should go to another design and developement.
Also could be useful for M510 FC2.0 - here is throttle limited to 32kmh.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Here is 52V firmware. Have not tried yet though.

Anybody tried 48V 750W with 52V battery? That must be sweet. ;)

Attachments

• MMG5300C5222F801035.5-MM G5300.750.C 1.0.bin
    144.5 KB · Views: 36

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Take M560 if you ok with sound.
It is a sweetspot in power - 1250W and it is not overheating as much as M600, which is great. Also pedalling is fine and power distribution. Finally some controller user-configurable power settings. (UART has many many more :)

There is throttle locked to 45kmh. Which is annoying if you used to ride fast. ;)
If somebody would like have throttle limit removal tool, let me know. If I should go to another design and developement.
Also could be useful for M510 FC2.0 - here is throttle limited to 32kmh.

@_gregor does your motor sound the same as this?

lisalis

Jul 13, 2024
Switzerland
WIll it be possible to reduce the noise with grease or will they make different model with one being more silent with different material ?

The current videos around shows it's insanely loud it's crazy

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
WIll it be possible to reduce the noise with grease or will they make different model with one being more silent with different material ?

The current videos around shows it's insanely loud it's crazy
You may be seeing a mix of old and new, there’s a bad YouTube video of M560 sound which was prior to the updated version. Consensus seem to be that it’s on the louder side but not vastly different than many other moderate sounding motors.

Hopefully someone will release a plastic gear, but it’s up to some third party to do it unless Bafang wakes up and decides it’s necessary.

lisalis

Jul 13, 2024
Switzerland
I mean the video in the previous page with the update is just awful. It's pretty crazy how worst it sound than the m620 when its supposedly an update no ?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I mean the video in the previous page with the update is just awful. It's pretty crazy how worst it sound than the m620 when its supposedly an update no ?
An unloaded bench video isn’t indicative of the motor under load in real world conditions, but yeah, it sucks it’s not just quiet like it should be. It’s not at all an update to the M620, that’s their big heavy motor meant for higher output power, it’s slated to be the new M600 essentially. There is a new M620 in the works as well though, I forgot the exact number on it.

lisalis

Jul 13, 2024
Switzerland
An unloaded bench video isn’t indicative of the motor under load in real world conditions, but yeah, it sucks it’s not just quiet like it should be. It’s not at all an update to the M620, that’s their big heavy motor meant for higher output power, it’s slated to be the new M600 essentially. There is a new M620 in the works as well though, I forgot the exact number on it.
ok yeah i meant it more that a new model should capitalize and not regress
what's the new m620?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
ok yeah i meant it more that a new model should capitalize and not regress
what's the new m620?
It’s the M630, seems like they announced it and it then fell off the radar for a while, likely had some delays in the final production process or something.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Will they make the m560 with nylon gear like some of the others motor ?
Nobody knows. It would be nice if they did, but it’ll likely be some 3rd party that does it before Bafang themselves seeing as they literally just released this revised version and it’s still all metal.

Watching some of the videos on the Facebook group it really seems pretty reasonable sounding, seems like there were a few noisy ones out there but I heard 2 examples of newer ones that seemed acceptable. If I ever get my frame I’ll be able to see for myself on my own bike…

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
On which fb group ?
I was in the “Bafang M500, M510, M560, M600, and M820 Users Group” one. If you search for M560 you can see a handful of posts, there are some videos from a guy named Gary Fuller in a few of the comments where he shows his bike being ridden and it sounds pretty manageable. Still hope we get a plastic gear made for it by someone though.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
@Dado posted somewhere on fb video from downhill ride on bicycle with M560... it is incredible loud motor.
Hello Azure.
Yes, it is very first version of M560. Will record video of latest one soon. Then you can compare.

Dont understand why Bafang dont wanna put nylon into 500W version. In M600 it holds for me with no problem, and I was still pushing it on full power, even on 43V firmware with 48V battery, so it was something like 1150W peak.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles