Bafang M560

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
It would be good for someone who has a model of this engine with a new sticker to disassemble it and post photos of the gears and rotor in order to compare whether they have actually changed anything or maybe their advertising slogans such as new version from February, new version from May are just a trick to buy. When I bought it, it was also supposed to be a new version produced in 2024 :)

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
The motor above by gregor should be the new one. My motor should be the new one also. Should arrive this or next week.

As far as I know they only changed the gears shape slightly. From the videos people have posted and like gregor has said the noise is not a problem.
Maybe it is not a problem now, but it is still loud compared to other ebike motors. Take this into account.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I was in the same boat as you earlier myself. I ordered my LCE971 from Lightcarbon two weeks ago and motor kit from greenbikekit. Battery and it's support system from this aliexpress seller. Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com
The seller doesn't have the battery support system listed but he is able to get it from someone else if you ask for it in a chat. I got mine quite fast. From China to EU in about two weeks.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Maybe it is not a problem now, but it is still loud compared to other ebike motors. Take this into account.

yes, it's definitely louder than my m620 52V 30A , all bosch and yamaha engines, m510, m600....

That's disappointing to hear, I was really hoping it would be more inline with the the motors now. Seems so weird of them to release the "new best thing" and have it regress significantly than all their other motors in terms of noise. Why even bother releasing it at all... I'll be coming from a BBSHD which is very quiet.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I see they have a pic of the label, does that match what others have who bought recently?
"MM G5300 750C
48V 750W 45km/h"

Can't really tell much else from the rest, assuming it's manufacturing info and a serial number. How does that compare to what others have recently received? I believe that's just the normal current model number so probably doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

HiGrade

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Hangzhou Linfeng Sports Technology Co., Ltd.
A9f75635fd5b948a381404d1cd95ad01b8.jpg
He34d69ac03f34a27833200e03271459aY.jpg
H380e88f44f9b4dea843ed5cca19019b04.jpg
Screenshot_2024-06-01-19-01-05-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
H0c274e9b601d4167a02e0093cd9972f90.jpg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
It would be good for someone who has a model of this engine with a new sticker to disassemble it and post photos of the gears and rotor in order to compare whether they have actually changed anything or maybe their advertising slogans such as new version from February, new version from May are just a trick to buy. When I bought it, it was also supposed to be a new version produced in 2024 :)
I just got my “new” 750w M560 in yesterday.

This was as far as I went for now, how do you get the large gear off of the main driveshaft to come up so you can get to the gearbox? I tried removing the snap ring but everything still seemed really tight.

I don’t have my battery yet so I can’t do any sound tests. If nothing else it’s at least pretty new stock, the manufacture date on that small gear was April 19th.

IMG_1258.jpeg IMG_1260.jpeg

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
I just got my “new” 750w M560 in yesterday.

This was as far as I went for now, how do you get the large gear off of the main driveshaft to come up so you can get to the gearbox? I tried removing the snap ring but everything still seemed really tight.

I don’t have my battery yet so I can’t do any sound tests. If nothing else it’s at least pretty new stock, the manufacture date on that small gear was April 19th.

View attachment 141775 View attachment 141776
Just the circlip and use 2 levers so it comes up evenly.
Watch on YouTube M600 tear down

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Here are the rest of the gears. I didn’t bother cleaning and re-greasing them because I didn’t have time and wasn’t sure what grease would be best to use anyway (I’m sure I don’t have any).

Can’t say anything catches my eye as being different from the earlier pics, but any small change, even changing how the gears were machined by a few thousandths wouldn’t be noticeable to the naked eye but could make a difference. Itching to get the rest of my parts to build my bike so I can see if it actually sounds any better.

IMG_1278.jpeg IMG_1279.jpeg IMG_1280.jpeg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Good news. Firmware v1.5 has unlimited throttle. Or better say, now works as used to. If I set speed limit 25kmh also throttle is limiting at 25kmh.

Edit: So it has tricked me again on the bench. Does not work over 45kmh, only rotating chainring with low power. But is interesting why they did add this feature there.

So looks like cheating of speed sensor will ne needed. ;)

Last edited:

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
GreenBikeKit made a video comparing (unloaded) noise of the M600/M510/Updated M560. Doesn't really tell much in that test, still need to hear it on a loaded bike, but it's something. Still seems a little bit louder, or at least different sounding, than the M510/M600, but nothing too wildly different. I would like to see an old and updated M560 back to back in the same scenario, this one is probably a good indication for now. Comparing to the second video I guess it does seem a lot better.

In the description GBK claims Bafang updated the design of the gears in some way for the updated version.

Last edited:

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Well that's disappointing to hear... How long until someone gets a plastic gear made like they did on the M600s... Pretty amazing a manufacturer releases something like this with what they know will be a big issue to anyone who buys it. You'd think having the thing not be any louder than motor it's supposed to be replacing (M600) would be table stakes for the "new and improved" motor they're designing.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
It is strange and they pretend they dont hear it. It sounds in hight RPMs same as when you step on cats tail. ;)
At least they could put nylon into 500W version.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I wonder why no one has brought this up before. The design is quite bad with these connector ports. You have to force your wires to go in a really sharp angle.

IMG-20240626-WA0009.jpeg IMG-20240626-WA0010.jpeg IMG-20240626-WA0011.jpeg

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
What do you mean? All the connectors are in same place. All of them will have to do really hard bend upwards and then either left or right.
Display and speed/shift sensor cable goes to left and then up in my case, there's some space, not that bad. Battery cable needs to be bent quite strong.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Display and speed/shift sensor cable goes to left and then up in my case, there's some space, not that bad. Battery cable needs to be bent quite strong.
Oh. You were able to get them go below the top mounting bolt? I will try that later. Thanks.

Although this way they also have to bend quite hard but only once.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
No one brought this as nobody has problems with bend cables under the plastic cover. ;) You are the first. I have there enough space, would you like a picture?

Problem are the connectors usually - does not have contact, when not plugged till the end. And water is going in, then a pin with full voltage tends to oxidate.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
When I spin the crank there is some resistance at one point. Only one place in the whole rotation. Is this normal or is something wrong?

There is a clear point where there is a "small bump" during the rotation. Is there a maybe some magnetic thing at one spot inside the motor or is there something wrong with the motor?

IMG-20240628-WA0021.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Don’t think I feel that on mine. Haven’t tried putting cranks on yet but I have spun it from the chainring and I don’t remember feeling that.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
When I spin the crank there is some resistance at one point. Only one place in the whole rotation. Is this normal or is something wrong?

There is a clear point where there is a "small bump" during the rotation. Is there a maybe some magnetic thing at one spot inside the motor or is there something wrong with the motor?
No, there should not be any "bump".
Do u have the screws of pedal tighten? Seems unscrewed, then it can bump into stator part.

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Just take the circlip off remove the seal behind it, check that’s not damaged, grease the inner lips, out outer and push it on using a socket, make sure it stays straight.
you should be able to get a replacement seal from any good local bearing supplier.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles