Bafang M560

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Why would it be different? It works fine with M600 motor and ultimately pushing same amps as it requires.

Same reason any manufacturer makes choices that doesn't benefit the consumer. Money. Planned obsolescence. There could be something in the controller or in the battery BMS. Many brands have used these tactics since the start of their products.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Haha :) for those eternal 30 seconds, I was able to ride it and it does seems to be very quite and has good amount of power... Drill is to reach for power button every 30 seconds 😄

I tried different display as well but nothing worked. Going to update firmware today to see if that fixes the issue.

Bafang have not learned from M510 past. FC2.0 was 4th revision... ;)
Let us know if firmware upgrade worked. Lets see if controller still communicating.

And you almost been waiting for these 30 seconds of thrilling ride only after the bolt delivery .... ;)

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Same reason any manufacturer makes choices that doesn't benefit the consumer. Money. Planned obsolescence. There could be something in the controller or in the battery BMS. Many brands have used these tactics since the start of their products.

That is right. They dont listen to consumer needs, but listening to 2 words: "cost savings".

In this case it is working also with battery without CAN info (unless u have a special motor firmware). M625 was a black swan - worked only with Bafang Can BMS.
Then on later M635 you can again plug any DYI battery without CAN.

rfarsocal

Apr 24, 2024
San Diego
Keep getting "The SN of controller should start with 'CR'" when trying to update firmware on M560.

Anyone here encountered similar problems?

1714451997017.png

MrKO4

Mar 5, 2024
North Carolina
Got my E10 put together with the M560 in it. I was really concerned about the noise level. Its really not bad at all (IMO). My wife filmed me riding around in front of our house and you really cant hear it on film from about 15ft away. On the bike it really wasnt bothersome to me, but it was there (not silent).
My first Ebike but that power is awesome for me at 235lbs.

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
Got my E10 put together with the M560 in it. I was really concerned about the noise level. Its really not bad at all (IMO). My wife filmed me riding around in front of our house and you really cant hear it on film from about 15ft away. On the bike it really wasnt bothersome to me, but it was there (not silent).
Could you share this video?

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
After a long uphill climb and a 10 minute break, after starting the route again, the engine started to stop working, error 10, controller overheating. During the climb, the power reached a maximum of 800W - this is how I limited the support mode. The M620 on the same route at a higher climbing pace is not even slightly warm. The M560 case was around 40-45*C. I waited about 10 minutes and I could continue driving. I'm leaving this info here for your consideration.

MrKO4

Mar 5, 2024
North Carolina
After a long uphill climb and a 10 minute break, after starting the route again, the engine started to stop working, error 10, controller overheating. During the climb, the power reached a maximum of 800W - this is how I limited the support mode. The M620 on the same route at a higher climbing pace is not even slightly warm. The M560 case was around 40-45*C. I waited about 10 minutes and I could continue driving. I'm leaving this info here for your consideration.
Thats interesting for sure but could be a one off situation. There are plenty of 560s in use right now. Frey has been testing them for a while now. I would think they would just stick with the 510 if they found it to be a troublesome motor since they have to support whatever they put in their bikes.

Last edited:

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Can you paste photo of sticker on engine or HW and SW version of motor controller from display menu? When did you order it and from whom?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Oof.. that's scary. I will wait to order before we get more info.. 800w is so little. I think the max output is close to 1200w? So I wonder how big of a problem will happen with that. You should test it.

Also, where did you order the motor from?

Edit: though that is ideal situation for overheating to happen. Long hard climb and right after that to stop. All the heat is trapped inside and the wind is not cooling the motor down.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Oof.. that's scary. I will wait to order before we get more info.. 800w is so little. I think the max output is close to 1200w? So I wonder how big of a problem will happen with that. You should test it.

Also, where did you order the motor from?

Edit: though that is ideal situation for overheating to happen. Long hard climb and right after that to stop. All the heat is trapped inside and the wind is not cooling the motor down.
I tried to repeat the overheating situation on the road but nothing happened. Motor was warm. Maybe the problem was actually caused by a sudden stop after a long uphill climb. Max output is below 1200W, on throttle it's about 1170W.

I ordered my motor from Chili.

It seems to me that the engine is much quieter than at the beginning. I have already traveled over 200 km.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
New update coming to the motor. Bafang has changed the gear inside the motor.

I got this information from Greenbikekit. They got it from Bafang in a bike fair. Propaply at China Cycle this week.

They are currently sold out (750w version) but they will receive new shipment of motors early next month.

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
New update coming to the motor. Bafang has changed the gear inside the motor.

I got this information from Greenbikekit. They got it from Bafang in a bike fair. Propaply at China Cycle this week.

They are currently sold out (750w version) but they will receive new shipment of motors early next month.
If this is true and applies to all vendors it is NOT funny.... it's even dishonest on the part of the vendors and Bafang :D

Chili said that the engines of the April version are already improved and should be quiet.... but it turns out that they are NOT.
I said some time ago that this is just marketing gibberish.... buyers should be really careful, because there is a fine line that, if crossed, will make you a Bafang beta tester.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Chilli posted this today
View attachment 139954

I'm having hard time understanding what all that means... are you able to explain it a little bit?

Bafang is going to use same hardware for both motors = they try to save costs and make things easier this way for them? This means both motors will have metal gear I assume?

I wonder what "some differences inside the motor" mean... how can they be different if they use the same hardware?

If customers deside to flash the motor themselves the warranty expires?

Motors produced before april this year the 500w and 750w versions will be different. After april all motors will have same hardware but different inside somehow?

At present their training has not been in place and they have had some problems with production and/or assembly I assume?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
If this is true and applies to all vendors it is NOT funny.... it's even dishonest on the part of the vendors and Bafang :D

Chili said that the engines of the April version are already improved and should be quiet.... but it turns out that they are NOT.
I said some time ago that this is just marketing gibberish.... buyers should be really careful, because there is a fine line that, if crossed, will make you a Bafang beta tester.

Well people have reporter that the motor is quieter. Maybe the new gear is even more? But yes ofcourse early buyers are beta testers since Bafang has not officially launched the new 750w yet. Apparently they are going to release it at Eurobike. Heard this for few sources.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
I'm having hard time understanding what all that means... are you able to explain it a little bit?

Bafang is going to use same hardware for both motors = they try to save costs and make things easier this way for them? This means both motors will have metal gear I assume?

I wonder what "some differences inside the motor" mean... how can they be different if they use the same hardware?

If customers deside to flash the motor themselves the warranty expires?

Motors produced before april this year the 500w and 750w versions will be different. After april all motors will have same hardware but different inside somehow?

At present their training has not been in place and they have had some problems with production and/or assembly I assume?
Yeah, for me this information is also unclear and a bit inconsistent.

Maybe a new gear will be available on greenbikekit soon? Or maybe i already have this new one on my motor? :)

The next time I remove the engine from the frame, I will lubricate it with Mobilgrese 28 grease, just like I lubricated the m620, which is therefore much quieter than the other m620s that I hear during trips.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Yeah, for me this information is also unclear and a bit inconsistent.

Maybe a new gear will be available on greenbikekit soon? Or maybe i already have this new one on my motor? :)

The next time I remove the engine from the frame, I will lubricate it with Mobilgrese 28 grease, just like I lubricated the m620, which is therefore much quieter than the other m620s that I hear during trips.

Most likely! As they have all other spare parts for sale as well. It could be that you have the new gear. Next time you open it up take some pictures and send those to greenbikekit and ask if it's the old or near gear.

After I order mine and get it I will open it up and take screenshots. But that will be about 6 weeks from now.

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
Actually I care more about whether they finally fix that crooked overshoot in their shitty firmware!! There is not one reliable firmware version for M560, that has this fixed. It's so annoying! Like they intentionally put a blind eye on this topic..

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
It got even worse... Last time Chili provided me with "new firmware", the max power reduced from 30A to 25A. Bafang can't be taken as serious manufacturer.. They try to but never get anywhere. I'm glad I can at least source my parts from Greenbikekit.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Actually I care more about whether they finally fix that crooked overshoot in their shitty firmware!! There is not one reliable firmware version for M560, that has this fixed. It's so annoying! Like they intentionally put a blind eye on this topic..

This has been feature in Bafang motors for ages. Some people like it some don't. It's intented use is to help you over logs/rocks/humps etc. You stop pedaling so your pedals don't hit anything and the overrun keeps the motor running helping you over.

You can stop the overrun instantly if you pedal backwards or hit brakes if you have brake sensor or e-brakes. Many skilled riders prefer it this way and says people who hate it just need to learn to ride. Personally I'm used to it so I don't care if they keep it or remove it. I think you can change it's duration in the older motors. BBS02B and BBSHD.

It got even worse... Last time Chili provided me with "new firmware", the max power reduced from 30A to f**ing 19A. Bafang can't be taken as serious manufacturer.. They try to but never get anywhere. I'm glad I can at least source my parts from Greenbikekit.

What did Chili say when you contacted her about this information?

Greenbikekit does not have the lockring tool to sell sadly.. :/

Last edited:

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
It's intented use is to help you over logs/rocks/humps
Or it's just something Bafang is not able get rid of and sells it as a feature? Why is it not a tweakable paramter in the BESST Pro software or GO+ app? I think it's a safety concern, since it pushes you over the cliff, eventhough you stopped pedalling in the last second. This can't be a real.

She said nothing new.

1715433401525.png

I can recommend this lockring tool for M510 / M560. It's available in any bike online shop: Park Tool BBT-18

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Or it's just something Bafang is not able get rid of and sells it as a feature? Why is it not a tweakable paramter in the BESST Pro software or GO+ app? I think it's a safety concern, since it pushes you over the cliff, eventhough you stopped pedalling in the last second. This can't be a real.

She said nothing new.

View attachment 140054

I can recommend this lockring tool for M510 / M560. It's available in any bike online shop: Park Tool BBT-18
Not sure how it came about. I don't know why it isn't tweakable. Definitely should be. Yeah if you aren't use to it it definitely can be dangerous.

Well that's a bit different story than what you said earlier. Dropped to 25A not 19A.

Oh it was typo. Edited.

Based on the chat seems like Bafang made the change. Not Chili. They just provided you with the latest software they got from Bafang? Maybe it was done to prevent overheating problem they had earlier?

Has all the later softwares been 25A also? Wondering if this is permanent change from Bafang.

Oh so there is a proper tool great thanks! Sadly the tool seems to be 25€... what a robbery. I'll try to find other brand than park tool. Will be alot cheaper.

I bought one from aliexpress (5€) but the teeth are little bit too thick. Other than that it's the right one. I will just grind little bit off and it fits perfectly. I have not yet heard from Chili so I do not know how much their tool costs.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland

The sound of mine m560 is the same. Maybe I have updated version already...
Do you have a besst tool? Apparently the new versions have the hardware version marked as 500.C 1.0 and older models have it marked 750.C.

I received sound test video of the new motor. It really hard to tell a difference. The video shows the motor running on the desk without being attached to a bike. It's different, maybe the sound is little deeper but the overall volume is the same I would say. Will have to see how much the sound lowers after the motor is on a bike and has some kilometers in it. I received the video on whatsapp in HD. Too big to attach here.

IMG-20240513-WA0000.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles