2024 Strive:ON

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Those who have the CFR with the Fox X2 Performance shock, how are you finding setup?

For my weight (90kg), the Canyon app suggests 199psi which then gives me a sag of 37%. If I increase pressure to 240psi I’m still at 32% sag.

I’ve found the settings for the Fox 38 forks to be bang on what Fox and Canyon suggest, which is 102psi for my weight. The shock seems to feel ‘balanced’ with the fork at around 230psi but then I’m not using the last 7-8mm of shock stroke.

What I’ve found interesting is that I’ve tried it on the same trails at 200psi, 210psi, 220psi and 230psi and the max travel I’m using is always very similar.

Curious to see what others are finding works best for them?
I’m similar weight and on the same set up as you. I’m at 205 psi and it’s spot on.
Have you equalised the negative chamber when pressuring the shock?

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
IMG_7583.jpeg

“The Shit Flap”.
Keep mud and rocks out of your suspension crack.

Laser cut from 3mm rubber. Held on with some 3M VHB double sided tape. Nice and soft but should be decent wearing too. I’ll be testing it out this week in Snowdonia

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
View attachment 124389

“The Shit Flap”.
Keep mud and rocks out of your suspension crack.

Laser cut from 3mm rubber. Held on with some 3M VHB double sided tape. Nice and soft but should be decent wearing too. I’ll be testing it out this week in Snowdonia
Lol, looks good. Does it adhere to both parts, or just one? I've also been wondering how to keep stuff out of here because my rear mudguard doesn't quite reach down that far.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Lol, looks good. Does it adhere to both parts, or just one? I've also been wondering how to keep stuff out of here because my rear mudguard doesn't quite reach down that far.
It just adheres to the section of the main frame. It’s ‘solid’ enough to stay in place throughout the suspension travel/movement. I did wonder about adhering it to both sides but though it’d just pull off on the side that had less adhesion

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
It just adheres to the section of the main frame. It’s ‘solid’ enough to stay in place throughout the suspension travel/movement. I did wonder about adhering it to both sides but though it’d just pull off on the side that had less adhesion
Yeah, definitely. Are you doing them in black?

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Yeah, definitely. Are you doing them in black?
At the moment I can only get this mid-grey. But, if they test well I’ll try and source black rubber (I have to use rubber that’s stable and safe to use on a laser cutter).

Bob23

Jul 20, 2023
Switzerland
Hello everyone from Toggenburg

Here are some pictures of my Strive:0n (750Ah / size M).
I must say I am very impressed with the build quality. The paint was flawless, all the torques were correct - only the brake needed bleeding.
The bike is fantastic to ride - an incredible climber! It gives you a lot of confidence going downhill, so I have to be a bit careful not to ride beyond my ability. I'm still getting used to the Bosch engine, coming from the EP8.
With my weight of 61 kg, the X2 shock is very easy to adjust - I had to take out the volume spacers from the fork to make it fit for me.
I did a few small upgrades, such as: xt cassette, xtr chain, swissstop discs, 50mm rise, 12 degree back sweep, 760mm wide handlebars, more comfortable grips and the mudguards. I wrapped it all in 3M stone protection film. Since there is no Garmin integration from Bosch, I mounted my old iPhone 7 with quadlock mount that I had lying around - now I can track and navigate directly over the Bosch flow app. The phone holds great so far, even in rough terrain. But maybe it will come off again.
With the tool pouches, lights and bell, the clean look is lost a bit, but hey, it's very practical.

I'm really happy with the bike so far!

Have a good ride and stay healthy…

DSC08624.jpeg
DSC08628.jpeg
DSC08635.jpeg DSC08647.jpeg DSC08645.jpeg DSC08639.jpeg DSC08641.jpeg DSC08637.jpeg
DSC08633.jpeg
View attachment 124461

Last edited:

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Took the bike to Bike park wales yesterday and rode the climb rather than using the uplift. Only had a window of 10-14.30 but managed 6 runs and 30 miles of riding. Finished with 42% battery so really impressed as my mates giant cut out at the top of the final run. Ran first 4 climbs in eco, 5th in trail and final in emtb. Did all the descents in emtb mode.

Bike is at home at bike park wales, couldn’t fault it on any of the trail types. Only negative is the Bosch motor rattle tbh, quite annoying and something I don’t usually notice as I ride with headphones when alone.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
IMG_7620.jpeg

A couple of rides testing The Shit Flap and it’s a little trooper! Been riding on trails and natural in Snowdonia so lots of loamy mud, slate shards, rocky descents and slop. Done a great job of keeping the poop out. The rubber seems to have a hydrophobic quality so a lot of the slop and mud doesn’t seem to stick.

A couple more rides to test the 3M VHB tape holds up then all being well I’ll make a short run of them and make them available on my site.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
View attachment 124621

A couple of rides testing The Shit Flap and it’s a little trooper! Been riding on trails and natural in Snowdonia so lots of loamy mud, slate shards, rocky descents and slop. Done a great job of keeping the poop out. The rubber seems to have a hydrophobic quality so a lot of the slop and mud doesn’t seem to stick.

A couple more rides to test the 3M VHB tape holds up then all being well I’ll make a short run of them and make them available on my site.
Could you please let me know when they're ready as I'd like to get one from you? Thank you

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
View attachment 124621

I'm keen, put my name down for a shit flap.

Sudecki

Sep 12, 2023
France
Hi everyone, I have some question on strive:ON, if someone have information :

- how is it compared to moustache game bike?
- some one all ready put on kios 300 screen on canyon bike?
- and how is canyon after marker service on electric bike?
- last question what is the hight ground and motor?

Thanks so much

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
You can put the Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 on the Strive:On, but not the Purion 200, annoyingly.

The Kiox 500 isn't out yet though.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Why's that? Looking st the 500 it is kinda big, but outside of that I don't really know the differences.
Mostly due to size. The 500 looks to be too big for me. I have a Garmin 830 and have gotten used to the size. I can see all the information offered very clearly so can’t see me wanting a BIG screen

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Mostly due to size. The 500 looks to be too big for me. I have a Garmin 830 and have gotten used to the size. I can see all the information offered very clearly so can’t see me wanting a BIG screen
Yeah, I get it. That's why I wanted the Purion 200, but it's a system controller rather than a display, so seemingly can't be used in conjunction with the top tube controller (Which seems bizarre, given that it basically replicates the buttons of our Bluetooth mini remote, but adds a small, useful screen).

wessobert3000

Dec 20, 2022
Germany
For those interested in a Strive On Underdog.

I ordered one twice and both looked like the paint was flawed.

According to Canyon, however, this must be so because it is carbon structures that remain deliberately visible.

Personally, I would find completely black honestly more beautiful, but that is probably a matter of taste.

Here is the statement from Canyon:

"Hi Marc,

thank you for the chat with my colleagues from 01.09.2023.

Please excuse, the misunderstandings regarding your chosen frame color Stealth.

The visible irregularities in the paint of your bike are not due to poor workmanship or damage. On the contrary, the effect is intentional and makes each bike unique.

With a "Raw" surface finish, like that of our bikes in the color "Stealth", we use a transparent layer of paint. Through this transparent varnish, the carbon fiber remains visible. The structure of the carbon fiber is naturally irregular. Even our most expensive and highest quality bikes have such a carbon structure. When you run your fingertips over the pattern, you'll notice that it feels flawless.

For more information on carbon frame finishes, click here.

Hopefully you like the unique look of your Strive:ON as much as we do. In the unfortunate event that you don't, I'm linking you to our returns page here for completeness."

The canyon support, however, I must expressly praise at this point. Always friendly and helpful. Short waiting times for chat / phone. With mails it takes a little longer, but still within the framework ...

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Wow, what a view.

How's the shi*t flap holding up?!
The Shit Flap is a little trooper. Holding up very well. It’s done a great job at keeping the poop, mud, loam, rocks, stones and other unwanted items out.

I’ll definitely be making a short run of them when I’m back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles