What did you buy your ebike this week?

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Been adding a few Nukeproof goodies to mine, carbon risers, grips, headset to replace the woeful OEM version, a seat clamp and also a stem. I quite like the copper, but maybe the stem was too much!

FB686894-7ECD-40D7-9D96-355DEBBE0832.jpeg

E10D9348-547A-4D2E-8649-784C2BB67729.jpeg

DynamicObserver

May 4, 2020
South Wales
View attachment 32794
225mm disc on the front for my beastie. She's also got a new kennel in the form of an Asgard.
I'm unsure on the Asgard. I mean, it's the best of what's out there but not sure how long it would stand up to an angle grinder or hole punch and tin snips?
Anything to slow the bastards down though.

Have an asgard too, the 6x4 and its a beast- im happy knowing it will be a long process getting in and noisy and there's a lifetime warranty on it.

DynamicObserver

May 4, 2020
South Wales
Got 2x new cassettes (hg400)
2x new chains (pc971)
New raceface grips
New fox shorts (last contact point upgrade ;) )
2x 203mm rotors and adaptors to go from my current 180mm
New pads for said rotors

Will do last a few more rides hopefully before shinyitus kicks in.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
A Park Tools CC-2 Chain Checker, and a Bell Sixer MIPS Helmet were my acquisitions this week.

Arcadyus

May 19, 2020
WA
Can you post a pic of your chainstay protector and let me know where you got it from please. Don't think much of the one on my 2019 Merida and would love one off the 2020 model but can't find anything like it anywhere, Cheers Steve
Shit it’s still on a truck coming to me. It’s from lizard skin tho and is just a neoprene sleeve with Velcro.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
I was never a fan of those lizard skin sleeves. Haven't used one in 15 years but they used to wear through so quickly. I wonder if they have improved over the years.

Nichneven

Mar 9, 2020
Scotland
Keeping my e-sommet mostly stock as it seems pretty dialled out of the box. Got the Al Caps for the cranks and an RRP bolt on guard for the 36 fork.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I keep hearing news that the USA is still continuing to have a bicycle boom as a direct consequence of the pandemic lockdown. Some shops reportedly selling a years worth of inventory in one month. No surprise that stocks have been depleted and can’t be resupplied quickly enough because most suppliers are China and Taiwan based... which has also slowed down considerably.

I wonder if quality control would suffer from supplier’s rushed orders?

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Chain wear tester.

Started to plan the new shed for it to live in. Concrete base, 12x8, other than that no ideas what itll be.

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
Have an asgard too, the 6x4 and its a beast- im happy knowing it will be a long process getting in and noisy and there's a lifetime warranty on it.
I hope so. I'm worried that an angle grinder will cut right through it. Orr they'll use a hole punch and then snips.
I'd like to see one tested to destruction but couldn't find anything.

DynamicObserver

May 4, 2020
South Wales
I hope so. I'm worried that an angle grinder will cut right through it. Orr they'll use a hole punch and then snips.
I'd like to see one tested to destruction but couldn't find anything.

Mines double skinned, it would need to be a hydraulic snips to get through it imho.
End of the day if I keep it in my living room a brick through the window and it can be stolen, just try to make them move on to the next one that isn't so secured. But honestly I wouldn't worry about them getting in too quietly

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Some pedals. I actually ordered a ton of parts to get my bike just how I want it, but with shipping as slow as it is right now I expect the parts to keep on trickling in over the next month so I will have plenty of small updates for the next few weeks.
FE7FEF87-1625-4CE5-BA7A-33944FC941DD.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles