What did you buy your ebike this week?

Embt

Aug 1, 2024
Dundee
I bought a derailleur hanger. A rear derailleur and a cassette and chain I dropped my bike hanger was bent and chain skipping.
Its improving now

tjl5709

Feb 20, 2023
Michigan
Swapped out the original OE tires for some Eddy Currents. I didn't think my Levo could be any more fun then it was. I was wrong. Rolls better. Way more planted in turns.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
In the 2020’s I bought the derailer hanger straightener because I needed it often. Several other bikes in my area also used aluminum derailer hangers and I would occasionally bend them back to where they belong. Park Tool had one and it was fairly accurate and easy to use.

A few years ago I switched to the Sram AXS shifter and haven’t bent a hanger since. The aluminum hanger is a sacrificial component that bends or breaks so that your derailer is less likely to be bent or broken.

The AXS derailer has a certain amount of “give “ during a crash and quickly returns. This probably saves both the derailer and hanger from some damage. I have also broken two NX derailers.
I have an early Whyte (V1) which has a little torx screw that stops the derailleur hanger from rotating in the seat stay, unfortunately it’s that screw that seems to snap first leaving the small threaded section stuck in the seat stay rather than the hanger snapping off first, this or so I’m told has been replaced by a universal derailleur hanger, this is why I’m thinking about buying a derailleur hanger straightener 👍😉

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Wandered into one of our LBS’s (IMBY Cycles) last week, unsupervised, and ordered new wheels for the Fuel EXE.
-We Are One Triad Convergance Carbon wheels.
-Project 321 G3 hubs.
-Winged Eliptical spokes (28f/32r).
-Filmore Valves.
-Muc-Off sealant.
-Sram T-Type cassette.
-Two Sram Rotors.
-MT7 brake pads
-Three Presta valve cores (free)👍🏻

Now I’m off to find as many Red Roses as I can. Wish me luck 😥

IMG_8064.jpeg IMG_8063.jpeg IMG_8071.jpeg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Wandered into one of our LBS’s (IMBY Cycles) last week, unsupervised, and ordered new wheels for the Fuel EXE.
-Project 321 G3 hubs.
-Filmore Valves.
-Muc-Off sealant.
-Sram T-Type cassette.
-Two Sram Rotors.
-MT7 brake pads

View attachment 145031 View attachment 145032 View attachment 145033
Are the hooks for your misses to suspend you from the ceiling with your underwear when she finds out how much the wheels cost 😂😂😂

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Are the hooks for your misses to suspend you from the ceiling with your underwear when she finds out how much the wheels cost 😂😂😂
No-no-no! The bedroom hooks are a different colour. These hooks are for my pleasure only. 😉

IMG_8073.jpeg
My wheels look happy though?A Win/Win me thinks. 🤔

Ps; Oh no 😥, This pic might get” @Nicho ‘ed” also?🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
-Project 321 G3 hubs.
-Filmore Valves.
-Muc-Off sealant.
-Sram T-Type cassette.
-Two Sram Rotors.
-MT7 brake pads

View attachment 145031 View attachment 145032 View attachment 145033
I have to know why you put a DHF on a rear wheel when DHR tires are designed for the rear? To be honest, I used to run DHFs front and rear on my DH bike to ride Whistler as it was the "IN" things to do but now I run a DHR as the good Lord intended (they are usually cheaper too!) and I am not sure if I am good enough to notice any difference. Assegai on the front for the win (but it should be EXO+)!

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
New helmet. Now that I've gone back to full face, my super air is just too hot. All the reviews and comments say the proframe will be a lot cooler. Proframe RS ... Not thrilled with the pink accents, but in stock helmets for 20% off at one of the lbs near me and not worth the extra money to not look like somebody drew with a highlighter on a helmet.

PXL_20240810_224508995.jpg

PXL_20240810_224557016.MP.jpg

Last edited:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
New helmet. Now that I've gone back to full face, my super air is just too hot. All the reviews and comments say the proframe will be a lot. Cooler. Proframe RS ... Not thrilled with the pink accents, but in stock helmets for 20% off at one of the lbs near me and not worth the extra money to not look like somebody drew with a highlighter on a helmet.

View attachment 145115

View attachment 145117
I like the Proframe RS (Whistler helmet) and it seems to have better air flow than the Bell Super Air R Spherical MIPS Convertible Helmet (Every other mountain helmet) and you may enjoy the "spit" feature, not usually so accessible when in motion, on most other full face helmets YMMV

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I have to know why you put a DHF on a rear wheel when DHR tires are designed for the rear? … I am not sure if I am good enough to notice any difference. Assegai on the front for the win (but it should be EXO+)!
Cause I’m a REBEL…just kidding. (Good eye btw).
I had the DHF laying around the cave and I thought …why not, I’ll probably never notice the difference 🤷‍♂️

Assigia on the front for sure 👍🏻…I’ve learned my lesson more than once.

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
Adding some Sky Blue Bling to my Red Bike.

SPD Pedals
Valve Caps
Stem Bolts
Water Bottle screws
Seat Clamp
Grips
Chain Ring Bolts
Mud Guards

I'll post picks when it all turns up.

Oh BTW. Why Sky Blue ? Quad Lock fittings on handlebars have sky blue in them. So that started a theme.

1723346235939.png

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Adding some Sky Blue Bling to my Red Bike.

SPD Pedals
Valve Caps
Stem Bolts
Water Bottle screws
Seat Clamp
Grips
Chain Ring Bolts
Mud Guards

I'll post picks when it all turns up.

Oh BTW. Why Sky Blue ? Quad Lock fittings on handlebars have sky blue in them. So that started a theme.

View attachment 145118
Of you’re going all out on colours I would try to buy from the same company if possible, preferably from the same anodising batch. You’ll end up with 10 different shade of the same “colour”.

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
Of you’re going all out on colours I would try to buy from the same company if possible, preferably from the same anodising batch. You’ll end up with 10 different shade of the same “colour”.
I've done this before. You are never going to get exact colour matching. It's also to match my new clothing and shoes, which aren't all exactly the same sky blue. So I'm not looking for exact colour match. Just a red and sky blue theme to the bike and my clothing.

Oh BTW. MTB shorts are just Black Fox shorts.
1723367457623.png

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
… Assegai on the front for the win (but it should be EXO+)!
I agree with the EXO+. Those are definitely in my sights for the next set. They make sense for the Fuel and might still protect my precious carbon wheels.

I don’t see the slab drops like you do in Squamish, but some of our rocks are like knives in certain areas. I’ve only had a few “burps” but I’m close enough to home and gravity can help, if you’re using a CushCore. (Btw, I don’t plan on a CushCore for the Fuel…yet!)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I agree with the EXO+. Those are definitely in my sights for the next set. They make sense for the Fuel and might still protect my precious carbon wheels.

I don’t see the slab drops like you do in Squamish, but some of our rocks are like knives in certain areas. I’ve only had a few “burps” but I’m close enough to home and gravity can help, if you’re using a CushCore. (Btw, I don’t plan on a CushCore for the Fuel…yet!)
I run EXO+ on my trail wheels and and DD on my rear wheel for Whistler, with Cushcore in all of them, as like you said, carbon wheels are precious! I have never burped a tire (I think the Cushcore eliminate that) but I am always loosing pressure on my most of my carbon rims. I have replaced the tape on one of my rims which seems to be holding air but I have not ridden on it yet. Maybe the pressure loss is due to my low tire pressure (F18 R22 @ 185 lbs) and I keep breaking the rim seal?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I run EXO+ on my trail wheels and and DD on my rear wheel for Whistler, with Cushcore in all of them, as like you said, carbon wheels are precious! I have never burped a tire (I think the Cushcore eliminate that) but I am always loosing pressure on my most of my carbon rims. I have replaced the tape on one of my rims which seems to be holding air but I have not ridden on it yet. Maybe the pressure loss is due to my low tire pressure (F18 R22 @ 185 lbs) and I keep breaking the rim seal?
I’ve been using the Filmore valves on all my tires for the last few years. The only time I lose psi is on the trail, (burps or puncture) but the CushCore has helped me out more than once. (Rear only). I will lose some psi over months …but not much.

I’ve changed and installed numerous tires for family and friends (not an expert) so I’ve developed a few techniques that seem to help. Especially with rim tape and valve cores. I use MucOff sealant but everyone has their preference …I just don’t mix them or use the same product.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles