What did you buy your ebike this week?

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Its out for delivery so should find out what I have been sent later, hoping for a short sleeved one
Quality is superb on them mate
nearly ordered the occult short sleeved one last night but I’m between sizing atm so held off

Did order the lucky dip sock pack 3 pairs for £15 inc del
Its the only sock I wear when riding

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Quality is superb on them mate
nearly ordered the occult short sleeved one last night but I’m between sizing atm so held off

Did order the lucky dip sock pack 3 pairs for £15 inc del
Its the only sock I wear when riding

Arrived, I got the new Geographic Short Sleeve

Hope the weather is good for Ard Rock so I can wear it there

Last edited:

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Seal drivers arrived from China this morning. 6 days from ordering on Monday evening

superb quality plenty of weight behind them not bad for £6 all in delivered

IMG_0221.jpeg

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Some new riding socks
lucky dip 3 for £15 inc del. Although now 3 for 20 and from there newly released stuff
Dfyers is superb quality and local

IMG_0227.jpeg

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
Finally back in stock and on my bikes!….I had to get two pairs so my mtb wasn't jealous of my emtb. (Freedom Coast Black SRAM Levers)
I wasn’t sure how much of a difference these were really going to make but I REALLY like how they hook around my index finger. $ well spent; much better feel than the stock Maven levers. They also come with a tool to make installation a breeze!
Shoutout to @Arethustra, for making me aware these even existed! 🤙🏻

IMG_8962.jpeg IMG_8963.jpeg

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
145mm crank arms from PINND arrived today.
Just did a super quick test run. Felt a bit odd coming from 160mm, but I'll hopefully get used to it after a few longer, proper rides.

This of course raises my saddle height, which in turn causes the biggest issue; I get the urge to splurge even more money on a new, longer dropper post :p

Pinnd 145mm.jpg Orbea Wild.jpg

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
145mm crank arms from PINND arrived today.
Just did a super quick test run. Felt a bit odd coming from 160mm, but I'll hopefully get used to it after a few longer, proper rides.

This of course raises my saddle height, which in turn causes the biggest issue; I get the urge to splurge even more money on a new, longer dropper post :p

View attachment 143752 View attachment 143753
I love my 145mm PINND cranks on my CX Race motor. I went from 160mm to 145mm as well. It felt odd for about 2 minutes.
I’m 6’-1” on a size large frame…..don’t
necessarily base crank length by your height or leg length.
Less pedal strikes and I can rapidly ratchet over rock shelves. They are great for techy single track, I don’t think this short of a crank would be as desirable for flow tracks.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Wasn't sure my Halfords Professional torque wrench was working correctly 🤔 then when checked it realised that have had it since 2007 when it was calibrated! So rather than send it off to check calibration/be recalibrated, decided to buy Park Tool TW-6.2 which was reduced from £143 to £95 on Amazon UK. Torques both directions as does also the Halfords wrench. Will check the old wrench vs new wrench to see if calibration is identical, then if it is keep it as a spare. Also have an old Snap On Electronic Wrench to test against.

Edit: have checked at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60Nm and old Halfords wrench a little low at all settings. Probably as a result of sometimes being left for weeks without being wound down thus weakening the spring.

Last edited:

Bigmike

Dec 4, 2021
Cornwall
Xt m8100 brake levers and a bosch Bluetooth mini remote after a off five minutes into a ride didn't even get to the start of the trail Diesel on a all ready damp road

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California

Schrader-to-Presta adapter​

I keep a OneUp EDC pump with me on rides but it only handles presta. Fine for my bikes but my young kids bikes are Schrader tubes…..this solves that problem.
This is also nice to have incase I come across a nonequiped rider with Schrader stems, needing help to get back on his or her pedals.

IMG_9045.png

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Garmin edge 130 plus
wanted the smaller one and this fits the bill on sale at halfords so thought why not
set up and working sweet added ebike field and another ebike data field form garmin store
and works perfect from what I can see haven’t tested yet
although setting up messing about with it battery seems to drain quite fast
won’t know until a full ride when I’m off next week

Did buy a steerertube mount from Amazon for £3 and quality is pretty decent as I can’t stand it on the bars
with rubber band holding it on 😛
IMG_5932.jpeg

Last edited:

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Have been using the Edge 130 for quite some time now and battery drain has never been an issue for me. Full recommendation for a small, unobtrusive cycling computer.
IMG_2503.jpeg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Found these on aliexpress for 1/5 the price I’ve payed from factory
IMG_1273.jpeg
they look like the original but one spins more freely so I disassembled to look inside
IMG_1276.jpeg
IMG_1275.jpeg
IMG_1274.jpeg
the internals: axle, bushing, bearing, all look a lot like the original from the original contact chromag pedals too.

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I accompanied my sister to the LBS. She was looking for a new e-bike and selected a Haibike trekking bile.

While we were there, I bought a new chain and a couple of spare links.
IMG_20240720_153750_edit_428028556059165.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles