What did you buy your ebike this week?

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Acros is celebrating service week and you can save 20% on all service parts, tools and greases until June 30th.

So I ordered a complete spare blocklock icr headset for my Simplon plus a diy headset mounting tool and a can of headset grease. Having is better than needing and the 20% off was better than all online retailers.

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
EDC Lite and some 38mm Rise Bars.....

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-25 at 18.41.45_2ebb2c74.jpg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Post man Pat just delivered this, my old Mudhugger isn’t very good at keeping the mud from my main pivot area and this one fastens with Velcro straps making it easy to remove for washing, I just hope it doesn’t rattle around, I’m testing it out tomorrow with a ride in the Peak District, woohoo 😁

E8D27B54-A460-4286-BCFE-B4FD5282BD5D.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Post man Pat just delivered this, my old Mudhugger isn’t very good at keeping the mud from my main pivot area and this one fastens with Velcro straps making it easy to remove for washing, I just hope it doesn’t rattle around, I’m testing it out tomorrow with a ride in the Peak District, woohoo 😁

View attachment 142909
You'll soon realise Velcro isn't up to the job.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Rebuilding the shock last week, spotted a couple of chips in the damper body. Ummed & ahhed over sanding them out then spotted a misdescribed damper body on Amazon. Listed as a 200x57 but every part number pointed at a 190x51, so I bought it on the off chance & it's the rght one.

£14 Steak for tea!

p2DG5Rcb.jpg

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
I have a MuckyNutz rear fender that has similar coverage to this, but is less thick and comes in two pieces, and secures with velcro. It's far floppier than my old Mudhugger rear. Was thinking about the new Mudhugger, but this is sad to hear.

I had to resort to using mastic tape between the fender and frame, and stainless steel ties on that old mudhugger. Mostly since I had a bad habit of sometimes kicking the thing when swinging a leg over the bike, which sometimes led to a broken plastic zip-tie or two

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You’ll have to report back as mine is a bit off with shifting
Reporting back as promised...

No difference. :( I've changed the UDH as well and it's got a new freehub, new cassette, new chain and new chainring too.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Are there alternative straps you can recommend please mate, apart from the little extra part that covers the main pivot, that’s the other reason I bought this mudguard as it’s easy to remove for washing my bike

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Burgtec Ride High 38 and Peatys tubeless valves for my lads bike

Almost bought a set of the bars for my bike too, but going to see what they feel like compared to my 30's when I fit them

Last edited:

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Reporting back as promised...

No difference. :( I've changed the UDH as well and it's got a new freehub, new cassette, new chain and new chainring too.
That’s a shitter mate
mine is working fairly well atm so not gonna mess with it seems to sort it self out.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Are there alternative straps you can recommend please mate, apart from the little extra part that covers the main pivot, that’s the other reason I bought this mudguard as it’s easy to remove for washing my bike
I ended up using very big heavy duty tie wraps, over the top of the invisiframe and a couple of loops of electrical tape.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Following a revelation today, I won't be buying any new kit for me or my bike for what might be years to come!

Here is a list of brand new, unused kit I found today.

I even had to put where stuff was so that I could find it again.

Backpack, Trespass, 15 litre + 2 litre H2O bladder - bagged, bedroom.
Brake Pads, finned NO3A, Shimano resin – boxed, black toolbox.
Brake Caliper, Shimano BR MT520 (4pot) + DO1S plain pads – Black toolbox
Brake fluid, Shimano 100ml – black toolbox.
Cable ties (100), 300mm x 4mm – black toolbox
Chain, Shimano XT, 12s, 126 links – boxed, black toolbox.
Folding Saw (2 new + 2 almost new), Wolverine & Klappsage – black toolbox
Gear cables, sundry – black toolbox.
Gloves, Endura windproof – bagged, utility cupboard.
Gloves, Endura Humvee Plus II – bagged, utility cupboard.
Gloves, Fox Flexair, matches shirt – bagged, utility cupboard.
Helmet - Bell Super 3 – boxed, in garage.
Knee & shin guards, Troy Lee Designs – packed, bedroom.
Mech, Shimano SLX 12s – boxed in black toolbox.
Mech hanger, Merida eOne-Sixty – bagged, black toolbox.
Saddle, Merida, inc mini toolkit, OEM – bagged, on bike box.
Saddle, Specialized – bagged, on bike box.
Spacers, Fox shock, various sizes – black toolbox.
Tokens (3), Fox 38mm, 10cc – black toolbox.
Tokens (6), Rockshox 35mm – black toolbox.
Tube, Presta, 27.5x 2.3-3.0 – black toolbox.
Tube, Presta, 29x 2.4-2.8 – black toolbox.
Tubeless valves (3), Presta – black toolbox.
Tyre, Maxxis Assegai, 29x2.5” 3C – garage, next to wheelbarrow.
Tyre, Maxxis HR II, 29x2.5” 3C - garage, next to wheelbarrow.
Tyres (2 x like new) Maxxis Rekon, 29x2.5” 3C - garage, next to wheelbarrow.
Tyres (2 x like new) Maxxis Crossmark II, 27.5x2.5” 3C - garage, next to wheelbarrow.
Undershorts, padded, Endura – bagged, bedroom.

Here is the thread.

MateNako

Aug 23, 2023
Poland
Well me new Jam2 has not yet been delivered (should be here next week) and I already bought new stem, headset, grips and Muc-Off tubeless valves.
Next planned investment will be full suspension replacement but that'll probably happen by the end of the year or so, when I know if replacement is needed and how much I want to invest into it (decision to go bling Kashima, or Select+).

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I ended up using very big heavy duty tie wraps, over the top of the invisiframe and a couple of loops of electrical tape.
Thanks for your reply mate but I’ll have to see how the Velcro straps hold up because that’s the other reason I bought this mudguard, alongside the little extension part that goes down to the main pivot, I thought it’d be easy to remove for washing my bike, if they don’t live up to expectations I’ll have to use your method 😉👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles