Status
Not open for further replies.

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
I managed to get going yesterday on a steep muddy climb by fully dropping the seat down using the dropper post, it seemed to help me get more weight over the back.
Thanks. Yes, weighting the bike appropriately really helps. On this trail it’s so steep I can’t start seated. I would fall over backward. I’m more interested in motor adjustments that optimize steeper climbs. More rapid motor on, steady smooth power that doesn’t fluctuate too much/shut off too rapidly. Is it possible to adjust this?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
On Apple Store is available the new version of BLEvo for iOS version 3.3.2.
These are the news:
- Now it is possible to view more than one GPX track on the map
- GPX tracks can now be uploaded with file sharing via iTunes or via an email attachment
- Now you can download the CSV, GPX, TCX created by sharing files via iTunes
- Added time of day in the selectable fields for the bike monitor
- Bugfix: saving change Smart Power legs during the tour

Update the App from here

‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

Here below the new GPX importer.

Happy new year to everyone!!

GPX importer.PNG

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So I’ve had my brand new 2019 Turbo Levo out for 2 rides now. 1st ride, no Blevo, 2nd ride Blevoed! Best 9 dollars I’ve ever spent.

I have a couple of questions about getting the most out of my motor though. We were climbing very steep single track, at close to the limit of what I think will be possible. My friend has 2019 Giant with 27.5 wheels. Clearly the Levo is 29. He seemed to be able to climb steeps much easier with his bike. When it was a more moderate grade we were about even. On flats my bike was clearly faster. On non ebikes we are about equal.

1. Are there settings we can change that will improve the climbing power of the motor? Do you think it is a function of wheel size? I think with practice I can improve my technique, but the difference in the bikes “potential” to climb was clear.

Also, I noticed it was much easier to get started again on steep grades on his Giant bike. Several times I just couldn’t on the Levo, and had to hike up to get to a flatter section before I could get going again. These were very steep sections of trail but again the difference here was clear. His motor seemed to have more immediate support and less tendency to abruptly shut off when the pedaling slowed.

2. Can we tune how quickly the motor gives support and provide a more gradual taper off of that support?

It’s not all bad news for the Levo owners though. The 700Whr battery was the clear winner at the end of the day as I could have managed another full climb and his battery was dead.

The very steep section I’m talking about was the shorter 2nd peak.

View attachment 9226

Can maybe acceleration setting help you?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Happy New Year to you @PaoloBLEvo - I noticed a very small bug this morning. When the ‘voice’ announces riding time at 01:00:00 (1 hour) it says “you have been riding 0 minutes and 0 seconds” it does not state the hour....

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Happy New Year to you @PaoloBLEvo - I noticed a very small bug this morning. When the ‘voice’ announces riding time at 01:00:00 (1 hour) it says “you have been riding 0 minutes and 0 seconds” it does not state the hour....
Thanks.. I will check.. iOS or Android?

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Happy new year @PaoloBLEvo
Is it possible to add Weighted Average Power to statistics of ios and android version of BLEvo? Like in Strava. What about music interrupting when voice message happens in ios. I think that in versio 3.3.0 or about it was working ok. The message voice was quiet but it didnt interrupt music.

8B1D7677-2DFF-49BD-9B60-7AA2C838A316.jpeg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Happy new year @PaoloBLEvo
Is it possible to add Weighted Average Power to statistics of ios and android version of BLEvo? Like in Strava. What about music interrupting when voice message happens in ios. I think that in versio 3.3.0 or about it was working ok. The message voice was quiet but it didnt interrupt music.

View attachment 9252
Do you know how to calculate it?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
How do you adjust acceleration?

Can you also adjust how quickly the motor shuts off when you stop pedaling?

Hi, you can use the acceleration slider in Mission Control or ACC slider in BLEvo.

Regarding your question how quickly the motor shuts off when you stop pedaling, I am not sure but I assume it will not have an effect. The motor just more quickly jumps in when you start pedalling. Just give it a try and you will see if it helps. Please let other riders know if it helped you getting up that very steep hill more easily.

Thanks!

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Apologies if this has been asked before .
When i load a ride to Strava direct from BLEvo no segments are shown
Am i doing something wrong ?

Wkouba

Nov 20, 2018
Boise, Idaho USA
Quick question....what device are you using for Blevo and what handlebar mount is best?

Long version of why I ask....I have an iPhone X but don't really want to jeopardize mounting it to my handlebars (possible crash, mud, rain, etc.) so I have been using an old iPhone SE (similar to an iPhone 4 I think). It's smaller and is painless if it gets destroyed. Problem is, the battery is old and yesterday in 20 degree temperatures, it only lasted 18 minutes with Blevo and bluetooth running (it will last all day in room temperature, but for some reason Blevo and bluetooth / gps drain the battery quickly, even with cell service and wi-fi turned off). If I knew how to setup a poll on here, I would. Curious what phone / device and mount is working best for all of you, as I love the Blevo app running where I can see it, rather than in my pocket. Thanks in advance everyone!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Quick question....what device are you using for Blevo and what handlebar mount is best?

Long version of why I ask....I have an iPhone X but don't really want to jeopardize mounting it to my handlebars (possible crash, mud, rain, etc.) so I have been using an old iPhone SE (similar to an iPhone 4 I think). It's smaller and is painless if it gets destroyed. Problem is, the battery is old and yesterday in 20 degree temperatures, it only lasted 18 minutes with Blevo and bluetooth running (it will last all day in room temperature, but for some reason Blevo and bluetooth / gps drain the battery quickly, even with cell service and wi-fi turned off). If I knew how to setup a poll on here, I would. Curious what phone / device and mount is working best for all of you, as I love the Blevo app running where I can see it, rather than in my pocket. Thanks in advance everyone!
My choice to have phone on handlebar is:
- BV6000 (rugged and with battery with 8 hours with GPS and screen on, with barometer for better altitude). Not the BV6000s because is smaller
- Lixada support ()
- BLEvo

For 150+14+9.99 euro you have BLEvo on your handle bar... Now BLEvo has the map for navigation.
I think the solution is better than a Garmin 1000 or similar.. For sure is cheaper.. but this is only my opinion..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Maybe this post can help? The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Wkouba

Nov 20, 2018
Boise, Idaho USA
- BV6000 (rugged and with battery with 8 hours with GPS and screen on, with barometer for better altitude). Not the BV6000s because is smaller
- Lixada support ()
- BLEvo

For 150+14+9.99 euro you have BLEvo on your handle bar... Now BLEvo has the map for navigation.
I think the solution is better than a Garmin 1000 or similar.. For sure is cheaper.. but this is only my opinion..

Thanks Paolo! I am not familiar with the BV6000 but I will research. Sounds like a solid solution.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
- Lixada support ()
- BLEvo

Hi,
Do you know wether on iOS / Android the mapping/gps function is working correctly even with the phone in airplane mode?

In other words, do we need to keep cellular reception on?

Thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,
Do you know wether on iOS / Android the mapping/gps function is working correctly even with the phone in airplane mode?

In other words, do we need to keep cellular reception on?

Thanks
The Android version has the map offline download feature. The iOS version not yet..

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland

This solution / handlebar is very good and probably the most popular:
Bike Kit - All iPhone Devices

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
I am just learning about offline maps and .gpx files for navigating with no cellular connection. Can you navigate with gaia or another app and be using BLevo to manage the bike at the same time?

Wkouba

Nov 20, 2018
Boise, Idaho USA
Like you I use a small iPhone SE/iPhone 5 (you can pick up a used or refur'b model for US$50-80). I have mine in a protective case made by Rokform (Mountable, Protective cases & Accessories for Apple iPhone and Galaxy.). The case clips onto a special handlebar mount that's very solid (mine's survived several crashes). Here's a pic showing the case and bar mount ($60):

View attachment 9282
Thanks Levity! But does your battery survive the cold weather while using Bluetooth and gps? Seemed to work ok in warmer weather but my “tour” only lasted 18 minutes when it was 20 degrees outside. Maybe my old iPhone SE is older than I think and the battery is shot.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Thanks RobertK. I found this one as well but the price was a bit steep. But this will likely be the route I go, using my iPhone X, as I know that battery will last! I wonder when Paolo will be releasing the landscape display for ios (instead of portrait display), hint hint! :)

+1 for landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles