Status
Not open for further replies.

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Just a quick one folks, I can say I've almost never used bluetooth devices in my time so when I want to record a ride, do I need to keep my phones bluetooth on? I am referring to usage with BLevo of course but is it the same with Mission Control? Would be cool to upload ride data somewhere when I start to commute :)

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Just a quick one folks, I can say I've almost never used bluetooth devices in my time so when I want to record a ride, do I need to keep my phones bluetooth on? I am referring to usage with BLevo of course but is it the same with Mission Control? Would be cool to upload ride data somewhere when I start to commute :)
I think you need, if your sport metering app is in the phone. I'm using sport watch like Suunto and Garmin, so no need to keep bluetooth connection between phone and bike

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I think you need, if your sport metering app is in the phone. I'm using sport watch like Suunto and Garmin, so no need to keep bluetooth connection between phone and bike
I think I will need to test then. I'm off work tomorrow, I'll try then. Thanks for the reply :)

JoeJoe

Nov 10, 2018
Germany
Sorry Paolo for bothering with this question. However I believe that many, many user are desperately looking forward finding a solution for a possible software hack by BLEVO to get rid of the speed limitation levo 2019, actual TCU version 2.025. Your last update on this issue has been posted two month ago.

It would be nice getting some heads up if there might be an ongoing process fixing the problem in the near future or do you believe there will be no chance ?

Reason is, I will consider a hardware solution then, even I rather like to use a software solution.
Sorry again for this question....

Last edited:

davez

Jan 5, 2019
Germany
@PaoloBLEvo Thanks a lot for the Blevo Software. The features of your software were for me an essential point in my decision to buy a Specialized Levo. And because there still seem some limitations I went for the 2018 model

davez

Jan 5, 2019
Germany
Which feature do you prefer?
Hi Paolo, the heartrate feature is unique. Since I am already >40 and not as in good shape (due to work and family) as in early days I do not want to go the heart rate to high. I did a lot of sports (white water canoying, swimming & MTB) until my late twentys and I still want to push too hard ;-) It would be great if you keep on devolopping the app the way you did (e.g. integration of openmaps). I am sure at one point third party apps will ask you to allow integration as well. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo?
OpenStreetMaps looks great! Blevo will navigate (show my location with a blue dot) on an offline map when I’m out of cell range? I’m using bv6000. Grazi!
Ok thanks..
You will be more happy with the next update.. I'm testing it.. very simple and nice feature.. ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo why not the OpenMtbMaps, so we can use Basecamp integration? They are free and derive from OpenStreetMap
I checked for OpenMTBMaps, but I need to analyse better the Maps, because I need to integrate in my Map system. In any case I saw the 4umaps.eu maps that are very good for me..

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
I checked for OpenMTBMaps, but I need to analyse better the Maps, because I need to integrate in my Map system. In any case I saw the 4umaps.eu maps that are very good for me..

OpenMtbMaps are the best free maps for MTB, compliant with Garmin and Basecamp, with information of the difficulty of the tracks and the contour levels, updated every two weeks...if you can manage to include them, I think I will get rid of garmin and go for the BV6000+Blevo:)

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
If you are considering Vector OSM maps (rather than raster, like 4umaps which I actually really like the appearance of!) then my current favourite is Freizeitkarte (Freizeitkarte - Start) which I think looks a lot nicer than OpenMTBMaps.

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I tried using Mission Control today to track a ride. Didn't go well. I did over 32km but got 2 separate rides of 4km and 5km oddly enough.

I want to use BLevo's tour function and want it to be accurate. What should I set the wheel circumference to with 27.5 inch wheels? Is it the rim diameter or total wheel diameter (rim plus tyre)? Cheers

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I tried using Mission Control today to track a ride. Didn't go well. I did over 32km but got 2 separate rides of 4km and 5km oddly enough.

I want to use BLevo's tour function and want it to be accurate. What should I set the wheel circumference to with 27.5 inch wheels? Is it the rim diameter or total wheel diameter (rim plus tyre)? Cheers

If you use Mission Control to track the ride and you have the speed hacked, you will get a wrong tracking.
With BLEvo you have to setup the real wheel size in millimeters and you need to misure the total circumference, not the diameter. It is better to make a sign on the ground, go ahead with the bike in forward direction and stop when the wheel did a complete loop. Then take the misure. It is better to do the misure with the right tyre pressure and with you on the bike.
I hope I was clear because my english is italian-english.. :p

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
If you use Mission Control to track the ride and you have the speed hacked, you will get a wrong tracking.
With BLEvo you have to setup the real wheel size in millimeters and you need to misure the total circumference, not the diameter. It is better to make a sign on the ground, go ahead with the bike in forward direction and stop when the wheel did a complete loop. Then take the misure. It is better to do the misure with the right tyre pressure and with you on the bike.
Paolo, you're a life-saver! Thanks for this. Will sort that out tomorrow after work as I really want to track my rides properly :) I have the speed hacked and not sure what the circumference is set to at the moment.

Thanks so much for this app and the ongoing support you provide for us all - you're awesome :D

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
I have followed this thread for quite some time. I have just one question before I buy this app from appstore.

Is there a some sort of risk losing warranty using blevo? I am not going to try to modify speed limiters with it (even though it is not even possible at the moment).

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I have followed this thread for quite some time. I have just one question before I buy this app from appstore.

Is there a some sort of risk losing warranty using blevo? I am not going to try to modify speed limiters with it (even though it is not even possible at the moment).

Personally I am not worried as long as you don't modify the speed limit as you said. Specialized just send out bluetooth signal which can be used to modify all the bike settings within certain limits. They decide the min and max values of each setting. BLEvo is just an app which allows the rider to set these values in a smarter way in case you are using the BLEvo smart control. Next to that, when using static support values you are able to finetune all suport settings by 1% where MC still uses steps of 5%. BLEvo also offer other functions like GPX routes then MC.

Last but not least Specialized Rider Care also told on this forum that the motor and battery are protected against overheating due to the "gap" motor cover discussion. So I wouldn't be to worried but that's just my opinion.

Just one last remark, when I installed MC I needed to accept the Specialized terms of usage including data collection. If you don't agree you can't install MC. Besides I am doubting if this is allowed by European law, what other option would you have if you don't agree with Spesh data collection? You will automatically end up using BLEvo.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Alton Hampshire

Paolo, are you saying that with the speed hack in place on the MC app, we can still get correct tracking using the BLEVO app from wheel circumference ?

I bought BLEVO back in Oct 2018 when I bought my 2019 Expert. I believe the speed hack was applied through the MC app by setting wheel circumference to 800, this was done by a third party.
At present I don’t use either MC or BLEVO as I didn’t think with the speed hack in place they work accurately?
I’m am now using an app called Endomondo for tracking all my rides via GPS tracking. But I’d like to use BLEVO with the HR system for FAT burning by automatically adjusting motor assistance according to my live heart rate. When I used this HR system in BLEVO back in Oct I didn’t find it worked at all well?

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
Can you optimize the Blevo app for the US? In the States the speed limit is 20mph or 32kmh, however if I try to increase the speed from the 25kmh it says I will violate the warranty etc. I bought the app through Apple US store, on a US iPhone, on a US bike that the limit is 32kmh already.
I won't violate the warranty, and I will not ride at the European 25kmh limit. Is there an option or should the Blevo app not be sold in the US?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Can you optimize the Blevo app for the US? In the States the speed limit is 20mph or 32kmh, however if I try to increase the speed from the 25kmh it says I will violate the warranty etc. I bought the app through Apple US store, on a US iPhone, on a US bike that the limit is 32kmh already.
I won't violate the warranty, and I will not ride at the European 25kmh limit. Is there an option or should the Blevo app not be sold in the US?
Sorry, the message is referred only to not US guys. I will change the message. Until now I'm not able to understand if the bike is from US or not... Could you post the Battery Monitor screen shot?
Thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The new version of BLEvo 3.3.3 for iOS is available on the Apple Store. I implemented the navigator functionality through WayPoints.
Look at the following video in which I explain how to do:

The video is in Italian, but you can use the subtitle functionality of Youtube.

These are all the news:
- Now the automatic pause resumes only if the speed is greater than 2km / h
- Added on the Marker map with the name specified in the GPX
- Added on the map Waypoints specified in the GPX
- Added voice message when you are near a waypoint or Marker with name
- Now you can remove GPX files
- Now the display of the battery status in the map is green if charged and red if it is discharged
- Bugfix: now when BLEvo starts, it does not disable any active audio player
- Bugfix: now even with the screen off, the recording will continue
- Bugfix: now the GPS service is stopped correctly

Enjoy your ride

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The new version of BLEvo 3.3.1 is also available for Android, where I added the navigator function via waypoints.
Attached you can see a video on how to do it.
The video is in Italian, but you can use the subtitle functionality of Youtube.

Here are all the other news
- Added 3 other types of maps
- Now the automatic pause resumes only if the speed is greater than 2km / h
- Added on the Marker map with the name specified in the GPX
- Added on the map Waypoints specified in the GPX
- Added voice message when you are near a waypoint or Marker with name
- Added voice message when you have exited 50 m from the selected GPX track
- Added elevation profile on the map (if the data are present in the GPX)

Enjoy your ride and let me know if you find any problems.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Alton Hampshire
Paolo, are you saying that with the speed hack in place on the MC app (800 wheel size), we can still get correct tracking using the BLEVO app from having the correct wheel circumference input within the BLEVO app ?

Thanks (y)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, are you saying that with the speed hack in place on the MC app (800 wheel size), we can still get correct tracking using the BLEVO app from having the correct wheel circumference input within the BLEVO app ?

Thanks (y)
Yes..
The total KM stored in the motor will be wrong, but BLEvo will report the correct value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles