Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
What heart rate monitor are you guys using with Blevo? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Blevo installed so far I've tried 2 HRM's Garmin, and Wahoo neither of these will connect with my phone or connect with Blevo. What's the trick?
Any HRM that supports Bluetooth. Many on here are using the Wahoo TICKR.
1. Close any other app that may be already connected to it.
2. Remove the device from your phones Bluetooth settings.
3. Setup the connection within BLEvo -> Configuration -> Bike/cardio/remote control scan...

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
What heart rate monitor are you guys using with Blevo? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Blevo installed so far I've tried 2 HRM's Garmin, and Wahoo neither of these will connect with my phone or connect with Blevo. What's the trick?
I think the Garmin hrm are Ant+ and for now BLEvo is not compatible with this protocol..
Please check on blevo forum..
Fasce cardio compatibili

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
It might sound like a strange requirement but does anyone use BLevo with their phone and a Specialized TCD? I'm wondering if the bike can accept two ANT+ connections?

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Any HRM that supports Bluetooth. Many on here are using the Wahoo TICKR.
1. Close any other app that may be already connected to it.
2. Remove the device from your phones Bluetooth settings.
3. Setup the connection within BLEvo -> Configuration -> Bike/cardio/remote control scan...
I use the Wahoo TICKR works well
Velcro sometimes comes loose.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
I had a lot issue with older version of TCU..
With the TCU version 3.034 is connection is stable.. you can try to update it..
Just to remember that you will not be able to change the speed limit

Hi Paolo
I called the dealer close to me I’ve never been to see him before ,he said he could do the update he also mentioned updating the battery ,is he getting confused with the 2018 version ?
my Levo is a 2019 ,I just want to update the TCU?

thanks for your help

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo
I called the dealer close to me I’ve never been to see him before ,he said he could do the update he also mentioned updating the battery ,is he getting confused with the 2018 version ?
my Levo is a 2019 ,I just want to update the TCU?

thanks for your help
With the 2018 Levo the dealer has to connect the PC tool to the battery and motor.. with the Levo 2019 the dealer can connect the PC tool to the TCU via usb.. I don't think he can update only the TCU, because it should be connected to the bike to be powered..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
With the 2018 Levo the dealer has to connect the PC tool to the battery and motor.. with the Levo 2019 the dealer can connect the PC tool to the TCU via usb.. I don't think he can update only the TCU, because it should be connected to the bike to be powered..

You are right Paolo, once the dealer starts the update process all electric components (motor, battery and TCU) receive their individual update within one update process. So you can't only update the TCU or the motor or the battery. It's all three together or nothing at all.

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
Hi guys I just have one question as I've researched blevo and know the derestricing will work with my levo ht 2019.

If i derestrict my bike using blevo and I need to make a warranty claim on the motor or battery will specialized know I have done this and not replace those parts ?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Hi guys I just have one question as I've researched blevo and know the derestricing will work with my levo ht 2019.

If i derestrict my bike using blevo and I need to make a warranty claim on the motor or battery will specialized know I have done this and not replace those parts ?
As long as you don't use the Specialized app (when unrestricted) - If you have it, you should remove it from your phone. And providing you restore maximum assistance speed to default before service or warranty claim then they have no way of knowing.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
As long as you don't use the Specialized app (when unrestricted) - If you have it, you should remove it from your phone. And providing you restore maximum assistance speed to default before service or warranty claim then they have no way of knowing.

Hi Indigo
Does Specialized Store all Of your rides on the cloud and look at your ride data?
So even if you delete the app will they still have your data and can they tell if you Ride Derestricted ??

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
You are right Paolo, once the dealer starts the update process all electric components (motor, battery and TCU) receive their individual update within one update process. So you can't only update the TCU or the motor or the battery. It's all three together or nothing at all.

Hi Maastricht
I’m planning on going to the dealer this Sunday because one of my 2019 Levo has 3.019 TCU version and will not connect properly to BLevo using BV6000s , I have multiple batteries ,I was only planning on bringing one battery in the bike to the dealer??
My other 2019 Levo seems to be working fine with TCU version 3.025 I wasn’t planning on updating that bike.
Would there be any reason you would recommend to update From 3.025 to 3.034 on the bike that is working properly?

I believe the 3.034 is the latest version?

and what about the other 700 and 500 WH batteries I have that, I’m not going to update does that matter?

Thanks for your help

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi Indigo
Does Specialized Store all Of your rides on the cloud and look at your ride data?
So even if you delete the app will they still have your data and can they tell if you Ride Derestricted ??
Seems to be - and as always, I could be wrong - the app sends ride data for diagnostics & usual product improvement analytics. No doubt integral to being able to provide what I think is industry leading service turnaround times through dealers…some will probably not agree with that.

The data that’s looked at is just a speck on their Mission Control Room map - unless you have a problem. Then somebody will look at your data in great detail to find a cause & solution. Deleting the app will have no effect on data sent.

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
New bike day ?..Wow it was as easy as downloading the app, turning Bluetooth on and pressing one button. I'm well impressed with blevo !! Didn't even need to put any bike code in it just worked. Love the display far better than specialized mission control app. Haven't even increased speed yet as was happy enough . 27miles in 2 hours - river banks , muddy byways & back roads. This is just what I needed in my life. Cheers Polao!

IMG_20191129_132355753_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191129_103450907_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191129_132404132_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191129_103413443_HDR.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Version 3.6.3 of BLEvo for Android is available on Google Play.
I have introduced the visualization of the kilometers to the destination (if a GPX is selected to follow) and the ETA (Estimate Time Arrival) that is the arrival time foreseen in the bike monitor. This value is approximate but gives a good idea of the end time. Probably in the next versions I will optimize the calculation based on the cyclist's statistical data. For the moment it is a fairly good estimate.
In the GPX management, it is now also possible to view the estimated travel time. This is also an estimate. The value may depend on many factors that BLEvo does not consider.
Here are all the news.

- Now the language configuration of the vocal messages, also configures the language of BLEvo
- Added the ETA field (Estimate time arrival) and the field to know how many KMs are missing
- Added average speed calculation for up / down
- Now the Smart Power in non Expert has the leg power decreased in TRAIL and TURBO
- Bug fix: GPX import with particular name
- Bug fix: The bike monitor always restored the preset settings

Screenshot_20191129-220637 zoom.png

Screenshot_20191128-213154 mod.png

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
I would like to increase the max assistance to 20mph as 15.5mph on the flat its just not quite enough. I can see it's easy done on the slider Paolo, I won't embarrasse myself by talking about changing the wheel size, as have read enough on here to know that's not needed. 20mph is the USA limit so I'm sure it won't hurt the bike and specialized might not even have an issue with such a small increase given it's that high in USA. I'm just concerned , due to your warning message that it will void the warranty and allow specialized to wriggle out of any issues. Please advise Paolo ...

Last edited:

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
@Ferdie ... I am asking the same question about the current max assist speed.

I am looking at buying a 2020 Levo this weekend but I'm not buying one if I can't raise the assistance level to a minimum of 20mph.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I would like to increase the max assistance to 20mph as 15.5mph on the flat its just not quite enough. I can see it's easy done on the slider Paolo, I won't embarrasse myself by talking about changing the wheel size, as have read enough on here to know that's not needed. 20mph is the USA limit so I'm sure it won't hurt the bike and specialized might not even have an issue with such a small increase given it's that high in USA. I'm just concerned , due to your warning message that it will void the warranty and allow specialized to wriggle out of any issues. Please advise Paolo ...
Sorry but I don't catch your question..

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
Sorry but I don't catch your question..
Hi sorry Paolo. I want to know if I increase the max assistance to 20mph from 15.5mph will it void my warranty ?. I would of cause reset it back to 15.5mph before taking it in for service or warranty work at the bike shop.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
So you can't change the speed limit with the wheel circumference at present?

Thanks for the link but it took a lot of reading just for a simple answer.
I send the link because the answer is not yes or no.. the answer is in the first post.. you don't need to read all the post

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi sorry Paolo. I want to know if I increase the max assistance to 20mph from 15.5mph will it void my warranty ?. I would of cause reset it back to 15.5mph before taking it in for service or warranty work at the bike shop.
It seams no..

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
It seams no..
Wow thanks Paolo that's the answer I wanted before I was willing to try it. You have made an amazing app there my friend even without the assistance increase slider as I love all the extra data you get over the mission control app. Blevo should win an award in my humble opinion as it's the reason I brought the bike. I've given you 5 stars and a good review on the play store as it's well worth £8.50 ! Thank you for your continued effort of answering the same questions on here over and over again, it would drive me mad ?

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
It seams no..
That’s a reasonable assumption and I hope that is the case.

Really it just makes sense that e-bike speed limits should be globally increased to the 32 km/h / 20 mph & 45 km/h / 28 mph standards. Unfortunately what we have with EN15194:2017 are measures to reinforce the ludicrously unjustified 25 km/h / 15.5 mph limit.

With the 2017 amendments, should there be an accident with a e-bike that results in litigation, the judge will presume that the bike conformed with the Machinery Directive requirements and so the burden of proof is upon the complainant. For all other aspects of e-bike regulations, the burden of proof is now on the manufacturer.

In effect, this requires manufacturers to implement as many measures as possible to maintain conformity.

Whatever wrong headed safety justification that 7 km/h slower has made e-bike riding any safer on roads anywhere, we are talking about off-road bikes. So it is a ridiculous arbitrary, bureaucratic nanny-state imposed limit that in the end, helps nobody. My guess is that Specialized agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles