Protective gear (knee pads, shin guards, helmets, body armour, xyz)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Okay time to solve this riddle:

Racer top stays plus mix with Scott products:

2 in 1 Chest/back CE1 (+ racer CE1 back = 2x CE1?) It might be possible to deposit the back into the existing racer back slot....£130 for this https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-softcon-air-body-armor?article=2784631001798

2 in 1 Chest/back vest CE1 front + CE2 back: https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-airflex-pro-2-vest-protector?article=2784641001008 - £170....

2 in 1 Chest/back/shoulders CE1 back, CE2 chest (must be cumbersome on the front this one) https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/...-2-body-armor-protector?article=2730690001006 - £170

My Scott is still in the box but I'm running out of time return wise......my current instinct is saying send it back for £235 refund, keep the racer and add the £130 chest/back. You can't go more than CE1 on the chest its really thick as it is, no idea how what that CE2 chest must be like on the second option....

The Scott chest is really recommended, its the best coverage and CE1 is as thick as you would want to go, option 1 is great as it just fits onto the Racer when your going hardcore but without all you lose is the chest and erm the second back....it can mix match but give the max protection all round...

If I keep the scott then I probably keep the Racer too but I'm not sure if thats overkill and maybe its better to swap one shirt to pay for the boots, I try to keep things that are useful and not collect stuff that isn't used best I can
It's not easy is it !!! :) :) :)

I hate having more things about than necessary .. which is why armour mountain hurts so much ..

If it helps, the A-XOC back is much cooler than the D3O - but I don't think at 50cm's its long enough for your lankly body :)

I'm running that in my Racer at the moment. With the 7855 over the top. Compromised still on overall chest protection, but you can still feel the wind coming through both chests. I was running the Racer with sleeves to double the elbow protection, but I've unzipped the arms now and it's just nicer .. Might slit the 7855 elbows and anti-liposuction the racer D3O pads under the 7855 ones.

I think the problem is for me, is that once you've spent any decent time in a 7855, you struggle to accept the other armours - even though the 7855 is far from perfect.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
You guys can't be planning to pedal uphill any distance covered in all this stuff can you?

This is just for uplift days right?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You guys can't be planning to pedal uphill any distance covered in all this stuff can you?

This is just for uplift days right?
Sometimes I'll leave my North Face down jacket at home if I'm worried I'll get too warm ... :) I might even turn down the heated saddle.

The Racer's really nicely designed. It's not actually hot to wear, though you do notice heat/sweat build up with the D3O back - even though it's the latest, lighter, better vented version. Similarly the Troy Lee 7855. It's only 700g for good basic protection to a large part of your upper body, it also breaths well. You get warm and sweaty in this when it's 36c but it's not unbearable. It lacks higher end back/chest/shoulder protection though - hence for me doubling up in winter with the Racer and the 7855 over the top (with the 7855 shoulder and central back sections removed). At the start of a ride it's bloody freezing with the wind howling through (no shirt, though I guess you would wear a shirt over the top if it was too cold). Once you're going for it, you're warm - but not hot - if that makes sense ?

A lot of the other armours are stifling, a heavy none breathing chest is more debilitating than you might imagine. This kinda puts me off the Scott a bit for MTB even though on paper it's almost perfect.

As an example, something like the A-XOC back protector (which I'm now running in the racer instead of the D3O) is very well vented so it doesn't really impede you.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Sometimes I'll leave my North Face down jacket at home if I'm worried I'll get too warm ... :) I might even turn down the heated saddle.

The Racer's really nicely designed. It's not actually hot to wear, though you do notice heat/sweat build up with the D3O back - even though it's the latest, lighter, better vented version. Similarly the Troy Lee 7855. It's only 700g for good basic protection to a large part of your upper body, it also breaths well. You get warm and sweaty in this when it's 36c but it's not unbearable. It lacks higher end back/chest/shoulder protection though - hence for me doubling up in winter with the Racer and the 7855 over the top (with the 7855 shoulder and central back sections removed). At the start of a ride it's bloody freezing with the wind howling through (no shirt, though I guess you would wear a shirt over the top if it was too cold). Once you're going for it, you're warm - but not hot - if that makes sense ?

A lot of the other armours are stifling, a heavy none breathing chest is more debilitating than you might imagine. This kinda puts me off the Scott a bit for MTB even though on paper it's almost perfect.

As an example, something like the A-XOC back protector (which I'm now running in the racer instead of the D3O) is very well vented so it doesn't really impede you.

could axoc sheet be sawn into the racer with a zip?? Must be possible right?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
could axoc sheet be sawn into the racer with a zip?? Must be possible right?
You mean in the chest area ? It's on my consideration list to buy a medium sized A-XOC and unpick the racer chest section, slide it in, sew it up ... too be honest I have too much other stuff on at the moment so it's just not going to happen short term though. Be nice to do it with the 7mm rather than the 14, so maybe you could buy some limb panels and squeeze them in ? They're already CE2 limb rated, so would be ce2 chest in theory - depending on your implementation.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
its pretty rare to hit your sternum, but it happens ?
I was wearing a hardshell MX type body armour here, much cheaper but not always ideal for mtb - 24mx
It hurts me everytime I watch that. It's good to know you'll do whatever it takes to get camera time .. Just throw yourself on the floor .. ***** Your advert could have been here *****

That's actually not a bad little setup. A little bit like the Original Fox Titan in conception - which after a recent re-test I found to be bizarrely cooler and more comfortable than a lot of the newer/fancier offerings !

I take it that's the old MX bit of kit you dug out to ride in ? How are you finding it ? I think the hard plastic backs are excellent for rock falls, they just get slightly warm - though only as warm as some of the reactive foams. You constrained after you've ridden in something more flexible - so don't, just stick with it ! :) Life's far easier !

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
It hurts me everytime I watch that. It's good to know you'll do whatever it takes to get camera time .. Just throw yourself on the floor .. ***** Your advert could have been here *****

That's actually not a bad little setup. A little bit like the Original Fox Titan in conception - which after a recent re-test I found to be bizarrely cooler and more comfortable than a lot of the newer/fancier offerings !

I take it that's the old MX bit of kit you dug out to ride in ? How are you finding it ? I think the hard plastic backs are excellent for rock falls, they just get slightly warm - though only as warm as some of the reactive foams. You constrained after you've ridden in something more flexible - so don't, just stick with it ! :) Life's far easier !
yes thats the one I was wearing IIRC - either that or this one - NEW GP-PRO BALLISTIC FULL BODY ARMOUR PROTECTOR PROTECTION JACKET MX MOTOCROSS | eBay
like yourself I have quite a few bits of armour. this is the one I think I was wearing (or its very similar)

both of them are essentially solid armour hanging off a fishnet stocking type arrangement so when I was riding in the summer, I wouldnt wear a top over them sometimes, just the armour which is what I did on the ebike

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
You mean in the chest area ? It's on my consideration list to buy a medium sized A-XOC and unpick the racer chest section, slide it in, sew it up ... too be honest I have too much other stuff on at the moment so it's just not going to happen short term though. Be nice to do it with the 7mm rather than the 14, so maybe you could buy some limb panels and squeeze them in ? They're already CE2 limb rated, so would be ce2 chest in theory - depending on your implementation.
Hmmmy link for the products your thinking?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
yes thats the one I was wearing IIRC - either that or this one - NEW GP-PRO BALLISTIC FULL BODY ARMOUR PROTECTOR PROTECTION JACKET MX MOTOCROSS | eBay
like yourself I have quite a few bits of armour. this is the one I think I was wearing (or its very similar)

both of them are essentially solid armour hanging off a fishnet stocking type arrangement so when I was riding in the summer, I wouldnt wear a top over them sometimes, just the armour which is what I did on the ebike
For £30 that’s amazing!!

THEStuntman

Oct 28, 2020
Greece
Hello to the forum..Great job you have done here.One more question to carlbiker that has done the best review on the jackets.
Is the back protector on the softcon ce1 removable?Because on the description it says only the shoulder and elbow are.

Also another good solution for summer rides is the Scott softcon body amour not the jacket with the combination of Acerbis galaxy for shoulder/elbow...But i cant find a picture of the galaxy shoulder/elbow material pad.They say soft memory foam.

Another great option is the Fox baseframe long sleeve with the Scott armor but i cant find the baseframe anywhere online.it must have discontinued.

Last edited:

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Hello to the forum..Great job you have done here.One more question to carlbiker that has done the best review on the jackets.
Is the back protector on the softcon ce1 removable?Because on the description it says only the shoulder and elbow are.

Also another good solution for summer rides is the Scott softcon body amour not the jacket with the combination of Acerbis galaxy for shoulder/elbow...But i cant find a picture of the galaxy shoulder/elbow material pad.They say soft memory foam.

Another great option is the Fox baseframe long sleeve with the Scott armor but i cant find the baseframe anywhere online.it must have discontinued.

Hey welcome to the forum glad you could join us, Zimmerframe is pretty much the lead guy on protection I would say so be sure to check his profile out and his reviews, he's covered pretty much most jackets other than the Softcon (oddly!....I think he will bite one day if he can forgive Scott for not posting to France!)

As for the back your right it can’t be removed, how very odd, so the only way to wash is by hand pretty much.....the racer takes a spin wash pretty well with the armour out.

I think the best solution is the racer/Scot chest/back, this way you can pick and choose your level of protection easily

The Softcon air pro is level 2 back btw. You then pay £42 for CE2 shoulder/elbow pads which are well ventilated but I think some of @Zimmerframe AXOC reviews show this might be an interesting option to replace with also.

That fox base frame couldn’t be a good option to stick with https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-softcon-air-body-armor?article=2784631001017 you get the CE1 chest and the CE2 back...

Ps (thanks for the compliment)

edit @Zimmerframe could you kindly post your final setup and your reasoning, that might help our new friend here. I think I’m going to return the Scott and seriously consider the AXOC chest adaptation.......I’ll have my axle tomorrow and will give the Scott a dry run but a zip with ability to add the thinner AXOC makes a lot of sense I feel....it’s that or buy the Scott chest/back which is very good but I’d feel a bit silly putting it on when I’m out with other guys who don’t even wear pads!

Last edited:

THEStuntman

Oct 28, 2020
Greece
I ride Enduro and everytime, i have camel hydration backpack with tools gas n stuff so the back protection is something that i dont really care and in the summer will be very hot to ride with it...Also i dont care about ce2 ..ce1 D30 i think is enough because if the fall is hard you will break the bone anyway. In every type of riding specialy on enduro you must have confidence and feel comfortable and stylish because your mind must be in the trail. Not on the armor and the discomfort you feel with a bulky protection. Specially in the summer that you are sweating a lot. You will ride better with no armor or soft because you feel light and cool breeze and have nothing to interfere with your focus and movement. But again without any armor if riding hard you are playing Russian roulette..
So which armor is in the middle ..Not to bulky... Breathable having D30 on shoulder/elbow and chest .And in the hot weather when you take a break for your favourite cigar you can remove it easily so you can relax and breathe.I think.

The Scott Jacket. is to tight and in the breaks between your ride it will be a struggle to remove it sweaty . Also the back is not removable. But the safest all in one choice if with some way you cut the fabric and make it removable back if you want.

Acerbis galaxy elbow/shoulder with Scott armor. I think the galaxy with the soft foam is not enough. And the back you CANT remove it. But the most summer friendly.

Racer with Scott armor .Again back not removable,, a lot of money and i think if the chest pads on the racer is not removable it becomes very hot.

Fox baseframe with Scott armor. Again back not remvble and i cant find the fox in size L. It must have discontinued.

Acerbis, Fox, or Racer,,, with Fox Racing Raceframe Basic. Removable back but the chest is plastic.

Alpine has some great choices.
Alpine bionic plus
Alpine bionic pro V2
Alpine sequence

If i was in MTB here in Greece probably i would prefer the bionic plus, vector tech, Evolution with hydration
What other choices do we have?
AXOC ???

Last edited:

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I ride Enduro and everytime, i have camel hydration backpack with tools gas n stuff so the back protection is something that i dont really care and in the summer will be very hot to ride with it...Also i dont care about ce2 ..ce1 D30 i think is enough because if the fall is hard you will break the bone anyway. In every type of riding specialy on enduro you must have confidence and feel comfortable and stylish because your mind must be in the trail. Not on the armor and the discomfort you feel with a bulky protection. Specially in the summer that you are sweating a lot. You will ride better with no armor or soft because you feel light and cool breeze and have nothing to interfere with your focus and movement. But again without any armor if riding hard you are playing Russian roulette..
So which armor is in the middle ..Not to bulky... Breathable having D30 on shoulder/elbow and chest .And in the hot weather when you take a break for your favourite cigar you can remove it easily so you can relax and breathe.I think.

The Scott Jacket. is to tight and in the breaks between your ride it will be a struggle to remove it sweaty . Also the back is not removable. But the safest all in one choice if with some way you cut the fabric and make it removable back if you want.

Acerbis galaxy elbow/shoulder with Scott armor. I think the galaxy with the soft foam is not enough. And the back you CANT remove it. But the most summer friendly.

Racer with Scott armor .Again back not removable,, a lot of money and i think if the chest pads on the racer is not removable it becomes very hot.

Fox baseframe with Scott armor. Again back not remvble and i cant find the fox in size L. It must have discontinued.

Acerbis, Fox, or Racer,,, with Fox Racing Raceframe Basic. Removable back but the chest is plastic.

Alpine bionic plus
Alpine bionic pro V2
Alpine sequence

If i was in MTB here in Greece probably i would prefer the bionic plus, vector tech, Evolution with hydration
AXOC ???

You see I’m the opposite end of the spectrum and total idiot noob level and appreciate my enthusiasm is soon going to cause me some pain hence my armour obsession!

I’m sending the Scott back after a test.....but the quickest option is quite simple I think:

Racer Top +
Scott chest/back, you actually can buy CE1/CE1 or CE1/CE2 (back) and then you can attach/detach Scott Softcon Air Body Armor Body Protector - buy cheap ▷ FC-Moto

this works because all armour in the racer is removable, if you check Zimmerframes posts for example he has replaced the CE1 back with AXOC and is 1/3 heavier for a CE2 performance. You’ll never get too hot with the racer, I don’t sweat easily even though I try hard but I’ve never felt hot on the racer, you could sleep in that thing (Mr Zim actually did to prove a point!) it’s so well ventilated. Also the arms are detachable and you have some very valuable pockets for stuff

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Alpine bionic plus
Alpine bionic pro V2
Alpine sequence

AXOC ???
The Racer Motion 2 sounds like it would tick most of your boxes. The back/shoulder/elbow armours are all removable and the chest doesn't get too hot, so you don't need to. You can even fit a hydration pack in with the armour if you want.

Cheaper is he Racer Mountain 2 with the sastec armour. The backs not as well ventilated though. I think these can be found for about €120 if you look about.

No idea why you would swap the Scott armour into the Racer, they're virtually the same thing. You said you didn't want CE2 - that's the only reason you would do it and if you wanted CE2 you'd just put the A-XOC armour in as it's better than the Scott armour both for protection and ventilation.

I have several of the Alpinestars jackets. I don't feel any of them work particularly well for MTB. The Paragon's chest armour is awful and certainly not CE1 as claimed. The stitching is badly thought out and really irritating on the skin. None of the armour is removable. The Bionic Plus is ridiculously hot. It looks well vented from the outside, but the foam behind isn't. It's like wearing a sauna.

The acerbis equipment is generally cheap, but also generally really poor quality and not a good fit.

All that said, everyone will have different requirements, so there is no one armour which is the perfect choice for everyone.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
C4DE65AF-A159-41AC-8BD5-8120736FCF56.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
.......peddals next! ?
This was my search last year :

THEStuntman

Oct 28, 2020
Greece
The Racer Motion 2 sounds like it would tick most of your boxes. The back/shoulder/elbow armours are all removable and the chest doesn't get too hot, so you don't need to. You can even fit a hydration pack in with the armour if you want.

Cheaper is he Racer Mountain 2 with the sastec armour. The backs not as well ventilated though. I think these can be found for about €120 if you look about.

No idea why you would swap the Scott armour into the Racer, they're virtually the same thing. You said you didn't want CE2 - that's the only reason you would do it and if you wanted CE2 you'd just put the A-XOC armour in as it's better than the Scott armor both for protection and ventilation.

I have several of the Alpinestars jackets. I don't feel any of them work particularly well for MTB. The Paragon's chest armour is awful and certainly not CE1 as claimed. The stitching is badly thought out and really irritating on the skin. None of the armour is removable. The Bionic Plus is ridiculously hot. It looks well vented from the outside, but the foam behind isn't. It's like wearing a sauna.

The acerbis equipment is generally cheap, but also generally really poor quality and not a good fit.

All that said, everyone will have different requirements, so there is no one armour which is the perfect choice for everyone.
The problem is the Chest..
Racer has the foam chest protection but is not enough. That is why we discuss the combo situation with the Scott armor chest/back. Because of the chest. But because the racer has the foam in it with the combination with Scott chest becomes to much and probably hot plus you will not have the option to run it without the back because of the softcon.
I am a bit confused.. How can you upgrade the chest on the Racer to have the one perfect jacket.
If the racer had the chest from softcon (D30) thats it...
How we can make this possible.

Interest thing about the bionic plus.. And i was ready to order past week for the comfort breathable factor..So it is a no.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Racer has the foam chest protection but is not enough. That is why we discuss the combo situation with the Scott armor chest/back. Because of the chest. But because the racer has the foam in it with the combination with Scott chest becomes to much and probably hot plus you will not have the option to run it without the back because of the softcon.
So are you saying wear the racer and the scott at the same time ? Or just running the scott as an alternative ?

I suspect the Scott on it's own is very nice, but I think if you ride hard or it's hot, the chest will become too hot. And yes, if you just run the scott, or a scott over a racer (which doesn't seem to give any advantages) you can't remove the back - but I think the back is probably the one thing you don't want to remove if you're wearing armour - you just wouldn't wear it at all if you were in that position and would possibly pop on some elbow pads or not bother with anything. It would be unusual to ride with just an armoured chest and nothing else unless you were following MX bikes.

Upgrading the racer chest would not be easy, you would need patience to unpick the stitching, insert some higher rated protection and stitch it up again. Or unpick, remove the foam and one layer of material and stitch a new layer of material over your new armour to hold it in place.

I was very sad about the Bionic Plus items I bought. I thought/hoped they would give me some great solutions and options. I've always liked their stuff for Moto, but for MTB it just didn't work.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
The problem is the Chest..
I am a bit confused.. How can you upgrade the chest on the Racer to have the one perfect jacket.
If the racer had the chest from softcon (D30) thats it...
How we can make this possible.

Interest thing about the bionic plus.. And i was ready to order past week for the comfort breathable factor..So it is a no.

Today I'm going to ask a seamstress if they can stitch a zip into the Racer but the whole thing depends on if I can get a sheet of AXOC to cut up though, it should be possible, I tried to message the guys over there but I didn't get an answer.....hopefully my axle comes today and if so I'll take the bike out and try test the scott before I return it, mainly to test the chest out mobility wise.....as for noticing armour I fotget its even on me, thats the nice thing about D30 as it moulds to you when it heats up....the talk about heat, maybe I'm off the pace or something as I've not felt this overheating once. The only time this happened was with the Demon top that has next to no ventilation and I started to build a sweat on just testing on the treadmill which was really concerning!!

So if someone asked me should you worry about heat, I'd say if your using the improved protection then its nothing to worry about. I upgraded all the pads to better ventilated CE2 pads, you'll see in this thread if you check back abit the differences, its night and day but as @Zimmerframe says there are better alternatives. It might be different for me though, I'm new and have only rode my bike with the armour on for most of my journeys so far but I did do a 4hr+ quite techy ride on a big quarry recently and again didn't notice I had armour.

TBH if the armour has insulating properties then I'm happy for this, its going to be freezing weather soon enough so this base layer second skin will be a god send, why would we want something that doesn't make us warmer in these conditions?

As for foam + CE, ventilation seems to still work as my chest didn't get too warm but in an ideal world id stick the CE1/2 on the external side of the foam as impacts would feel nicer with the foam padding on you perhaps.

We can't ignore the chest, if you check my really bad review on the Racer (check channel) you'll see my striking a metal object against the CE1/2 back pads that are leaning against my leg to determine shock absorption but then I strike my foam padding on the chest and it was like nothing was there :S

At worst the solution is the scott add on I think, the chest is a little chunky for ce1 but by design I think as it wraps around the ribs abit which is a good thing, the back feels good enough too

Last edited:

THEStuntman

Oct 28, 2020
Greece
Today I'm going to ask a seamstress if they can stitch a zip into the Racer but the whole thing depends on if I can get a sheet of AXOC to cut up though, it should be possible, I tried to message the guys over there but I didn't get an answer.....hopefully my axle comes today and if so I'll take the bike out and try test the scott before I return it, mainly to test the chest out mobility wise.....as for noticing armour I fotget its even on me, thats the nice thing about D30 as it moulds to you when it heats up....the talk about heat, maybe I'm off the pace or something as I've not felt this overheating once. The only time this happened was with the Demon top that has next to no ventilation and I started to build a sweat on just testing on the treadmill which was really concerning!!

So if someone asked me should you worry about heat, I'd say if your using the improved protection then its nothing to worry about. I upgraded all the pads to better ventilated CE2 pads, you'll see in this thread if you check back abit the differences, its night and day but as @Zimmerframe says there are better alternatives. It might be different for me though, I'm new and have only rode my bike with the armour on for most of my journeys so far but I did do a 4hr+ quite techy ride on a big quarry recently and again didn't notice I had armour.

TBH if the armour has insulating properties then I'm happy for this, its going to be freezing weather soon enough so this base layer second skin will be a god send, why would we want something that doesn't make us warmer in these conditions?

As for foam + CE, ventilation seems to still work as my chest didn't get too warm but in an ideal world id stick the CE1/2 on the external side of the foam as impacts would feel nicer with the foam padding on you perhaps.

We can't ignore the chest, if you check my really bad review on the Racer (check channel) you'll see my striking a metal object against the CE1/2 back pads that are leaning against my leg to determine shock absorption but then I strike my foam padding on the chest and it was like nothing was there :S

At worst the solution is the scott add on I think, the chest is a little chunky for ce1 but by design I think as it wraps around the ribs abit which is a good thing, the back feels good enough too
I dont know the conditions where you are riding but here in Greece hot days mean 30-34 C on shade of course.. Some days i ride with 36 C but i prefer to avoid it. From July till the end of September we have that degrees so i am sweating with the motorbike on technical tight stuff, i cant imagine what will feel cycling..
The best is to have 2 body armor one for summer and one for Fall/Winter/Spring.
For Zimmer that asking I mean Wearing the Racer as a baseframe remove the back of it and wear also the Scott armor . pettorina-scott-softcon-air-black-1.jpg
So you will have all working together..Chest/shoulder/elbow/back. And in the breaks you can remove the scott and breath .. The problem is that you cant ride without back because of the scott armor not removable. And the other problem is that with the foam from the racer and the D30 from scott that you will have in the chest,, will be very hot for summer and maybe a little bulky. Also this combo comes a bit expensive..150€ the scott with shipping on FCmoto and 180€ the Racer motion from ebay.. And the back protector from racer sitting in the corner useless.

Carl i have seen your videos a thousand times all of them to decide :LOL:
I am ready to buy the Scott jacket and forget the summer for now. Also i will buy the SAS-TEC SC-1/KA just to try them out. What online store has the ventilated Sas-tec that you show on previous replies??
As for the CE2 be more ventilated,, how about to drill and cut perfection holes on the CE1 to make it ventilated?

If only the Racer had D30 chest like Scott that would be the end of the search for me.

Last edited:

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I dont know the conditions where you are riding but here in Greece hot days mean 30-34 C on shade of course.. Some days i ride with 36 C but i prefer to avoid it. From July till the end of September we have that degrees so i am sweating with the motorbike on technical tight stuff, i cant imagine what will feel cycling..
The best is to have 2 body armor one for summer and one for Fall/Winter/Spring.
For Zimmer that asking I mean Wearing the Racer as a baseframe remove the back of it and wear also the Scott armor . View attachment 43238
So you will have all working together..Chest/shoulder/elbow/back. And in the breaks you can remove the scott and breath .. The problem is that you cant ride without back because of the scott armor not removable. And the other problem is that with the foam from the racer and the D30 from scott that you will have in the chest,, will be very hot for summer and maybe a little bulky. Also this combo comes a bit expensive..150€ the scott with shipping on FCmoto and 180€ the Racer motion from ebay.. And the back protector from racer sitting in the corner useless.

Carl i have seen your videos a thousand times all of them to decide :LOL:
I am ready to buy the Scott jacket and forget the summer for now. Also i will buy the SAS-TEC SC-1/KA just to try them out. What online store has the ventilated Sas-tec that you show on previous replies??
As for the CE2 be more ventilated,, how about to drill and cut perfection holes on the CE1 to make it ventilated?

If only the Racer had D30 chest like Scott that would be the end of the search for me.

Yeah totally we all would have the perfect top then!! @Zimmerframe might be able to recommend where to get those pads as he bought some too, with winter ❄️ I was happy with the D30.

I’m in UK so sadly it’s not possible to overheat here! ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles