Old blokes who should know better.....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
cheers mate, we all used to ride enduro bikes and / or motocross and like a bit of speed :)
whens the zimmer DH world cup course hitting our screens?
I believe the first screenings will be in retirement homes to help people sleep ..

I was with two guys and they both had go pro's. So have to wait for them both to upload them somewhere where one of them can access it and then wait for some editing .. It's France .. things move pretty slow .. most of our retirement home audience may have passed away by the time it's ready ...

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
bit of action from yesterday, I crashed twice and didn't get either of them on video which is just rubbish.. had a great ride though :)

Awesome ride! Glad nothing serious from your OTB. Not sure if you edit your own vids, but I’m glad someone picked an ethereal background track for it. ?? It suits the liberating experience and scenery so well. Speed doesn’t always necessarily equate to a heavy metal rock audio track. ?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I believe the first screenings will be in retirement homes to help people sleep ..

I was with two guys and they both had go pro's. So have to wait for them both to upload them somewhere where one of them can access it and then wait for some editing .. It's France .. things move pretty slow .. most of our retirement home audience may have passed away by the time it's ready ...
Well, your video might need a heavy metal audio track for that place then! Ethereal music might make the retirement home audience think that they’ve already gone and kicked the bucket. Although, visions of ‘heading towards the light’ while floating effortlessly on an EEB does kinda sound ethereal don’t you think?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Awesome ride! Glad nothing serious from your OTB. Not sure if you edit your own vids, but I’m glad someone picked an ethereal background track for it. ?? It suits the liberating experience and scenery so well. Speed doesn’t always necessarily equate to a heavy metal rock audio track. ?
I have to do it myself these days since I furloughed the video, multimedia and social media staff.. such a burden ???

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Another cinematic masterpiece Dobby, love the countryside, I have been lucky enought to walk the Mantel Ridge and been up Snowden a couple of times in trips to the UK and think Wales is under estimated as a travel destination. Will definately be back there some day, maybe with a hire bike from the looks of your video.
Where do you find the free music to put in the background? I make videos but have had trouble putting them up on youtube as I use music from my imusic library and it's causes 'permission of use' problems.
Also what program do you use to edit your video's as well, I'm just using the imovie that comes on my mac, but couldn't do anything as fancy as your titles in that program.
Keep up the good work please. (y)

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Another cinematic masterpiece Dobby, love the countryside, I have been lucky enought to walk the Mantel Ridge and been up Snowden a couple of times in trips to the UK and think Wales is under estimated as a travel destination. Will definately be back there some day, maybe with a hire bike from the looks of your video.
Where do you find the free music to put in the background? I make videos but have had trouble putting them up on youtube as I use music from my imusic library and it's causes 'permission of use' problems.
Also what program do you use to edit your video's as well, I'm just using the imovie that comes on my mac, but couldn't do anything as fancy as your titles in that program.
Keep up the good work please. (y)
cheers mate, yea even before I lived in Wales I used to come out here from Essex to ride, usually up north but that was years ago and things have changed everywhere.
I had the same trouble as you using music from my own library so I got the music from youtube itself here: YouTube

as for the editing, I use either my 10 year old macbook and edit while watching telly or if its more complicated - like using more than one camera, I go and use my 10 year old iMac but both of them use the same as you already have.. iMovie version 10.1.
I used to use sony vegas and final cut for the guitar and motorbike vids (Guitars and Related) but while they are powerful and definitely pro as @Rob Hancill demonstrated in his excellent video here: they are also way more geeky and fiddly to use so for simple stuff I stick to iMovie, every vid on the Old Blokes channel has been done in iMovie and if I get stuck on how to do something, I go to youtube to find out how its done. the titles and sound effects are all standard and included with iMovie, the only thing i downloaded was the GTA5 'Wasted' logo and then just used the ken burns feature, stick with it mate, its just a matter of time learning that software.

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Wow, thanks for all that, even got sound effects as well, all the stuff I've been searching for. Had a couple of attempts to put up some video I did on the pallet jumps and trying to mono in slow-mo but it keeps rejecting it on youtube so will try it with the free background music. Hopefully that will make a difference and I can share it on here. How do you actually get your video into the forum here? Again, thanks for the inspiration and keep up the great work.

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019

Tried this as an experiment and seemed to work ok. This is one of my first rides back after bit of a bingle in late November, broken collar bone, couple of ribs, put my shoulder blade through the skin and cracked a couple of vertebrae so all a bit tentative. Nice crash near the end, mate not me and he pulled up ok after a week or so.

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
nice one, glad you got it all sorted.. you must be the owner of the fittest trail dog in Oz :D
was it touching the wheel of the guy in front that caused the crash ?

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Yeah, if you look close in the slow mo, when the guy on the lefts wheel comes back to straight it collects the guy on the rights front wheel taking it out. Lesson learnt is don't ride close to Sean

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
That looks great where about is it. :unsure:
Starting from Brecon its a big loop around Llangorse lake.. not done it before so I was following and dont really know the route.. heres the map !
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.34.52.png

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Made a few changes as suggested by you Dobby and got my bit of mucking around out the back of my place on the pallets to load up to YouTube. Pity I didn't get the actual stack on footage but it happened just off frame of course. Anyway hopefully you all get a laugh at my attempts to jump and mono, it least it gets me out of the house.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Made a few changes as suggested by you Dobby and got my bit of mucking around out the back of my place on the pallets to load up to YouTube. Pity I didn't get the actual stack on footage but it happened just off frame of course. Anyway hopefully you all get a laugh at my attempts to jump and mono, it least it gets me out of the house.
ooft, that was a pretty savage case on that poor tyre, did it survive?
like the idea of wheelies in one direction then turning round to do the jump, might try that myself !

if I had started an "Old Blokes That Should Know Better" clothing line, I would send you a t-shirt or cap or membership badge or something ? ? ? love it mate !

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I hope you didn't ding your rear rim?! ?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Or just buy a new cheap chain : SRAM NX PC-1110 11 Speed Chain

Maybe you have a duff chain ... ??
broke it after 2 miles didnt I... its been a wrongun from the start. those PC-1110 chains are 114 links and I need 118 so I went with a PCX1.. thats what I put on the last bike and it was an improvement, lets hope I get the same result !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
broke it after 2 miles didnt I... its been a wrongun from the start. those PC-1110 chains are 114 links and I need 118 so I went with a PCX1.. thats what I put on the last bike and it was an improvement, lets hope I get the same result !
Ah yes .... I remember this conversation ... :)

Logic would suggest if it's broken 3 times, that you should have bought a 114 link chain as the 4 links between the 114 and the 118 are obviously the ones which break ... :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles