Old blokes who should know better.....

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
broke it after 2 miles didnt I... its been a wrongun from the start. those PC-1110 chains are 114 links and I need 118 so I went with a PCX1.. thats what I put on the last bike and it was an improvement, lets hope I get the same result !
Yeah I also thought that... it’s breaking because the chain is too short perhaps?

With three broken chains you should be able to stitch up a proper length with another quick link?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I couldn’t find one anywhere bud, I’ll have another look cos they are pretty cheap and I would say stash a spare for long rides the way I’m going ?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think .. only from what I can find and no longer find .. that the PC1110 in 120 links was renamed the PC1130 ?

SRAM only show the PC1110 as available in 114 links now and everywhere which did stock it as 120 links now shows it as out of stock.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I'm not 100% sure, but I think .. only from what I can find and no longer find .. that the PC1110 in 120 links was renamed the PC1130 ?

SRAM only show the PC1110 as available in 114 links now and everywhere which did stock it as 120 links now shows it as out of stock.
and the PC1130 is the same price as the PC X1.. im doing a big ride around the gap tomorrow, ill have the PC X1 on and a spare KMC chain with me.. taking no chances but hoping the X1 will do the trick.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm not 100% sure, but I think .. only from what I can find and no longer find .. that the PC1110 in 120 links was renamed the PC1130
Nope. Funnily enough the 1130 is the next teir up from the 1110 in SRAM's chain line up (the chain plate finish is different, otherwise they both perform exactly the same)

PC is the code for chain, the first two numbers dictate speed, next two it's grade
ie.
XX10, XX30, XX50, XX70...

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Remember if you fall off and don't video for some reason, go back and do it again with the cameras running !

Looking forward to watching "Mind the GAP" ...
last time I did the gap I had a significantly larger engine :D :D

Then this happened, which was a good example of a terrible piece of riding skill - and it sucked.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
New chain is so much better, twice I’ve had that KMC POS and never again....
D1F796F8-8160-49CE-98FA-F44B94D8CAA6.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Where is everyone? Are you the only person in Wales at the moment??
haha, its not a well populated area, very rare that I see anyone when out riding, it will usually be guys on crossers etc.

Looks pretty gnarly to me!
its a bit of a struggle on a mx type bike, the loose rocks send you everywhere.. before it got really bad I managed to get up it on my old KTM.. loved that bike!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You don't need an excuse !!!!

Wazza ya doing with the drum sander and the giant lump of lard ?

Nice shop ... nice vacuum ..... !!
cheers mate, its not a patch on what it used to be.. I had moved everything into storage to set up in a new location but it was actually 3 days before exchange that the buyer pulled out.
im still rebuilding the spray booth and finishing room, the assembly area (behind the double doors) is getting there but, when you worked in a shop for so many years its hard to replicate that evolution if youre not in there all the time..

the lard is an abrasive cleaner..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
cheers mate, its not a patch on what it used to be.. I had moved everything into storage to set up in a new location but it was actually 3 days before exchange that the buyer pulled out.
That must have been "frustrating" ...... !!!!! Putting it back equally so !! Are you staying there now then ?? You do have great riding on the door step and a peacock ? (That's with regards to the bird, not a personal statement).

im still rebuilding the spray booth and finishing room

As a youtube sensation, will this now be where you apply your "Trump L'Orange" before filming ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
As promised .. better late than never ....

A very rare moment of Zim in a video.. a short segment near the house called "Stairway to Heaven".

Normally I don't carry a camera and it's rare people let me go in front because I fall off too much and cause multiple pileups :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My crash rate is dropping off so this time they let me go first ! :)

EDIT : the OH was bored and edited some other bits in, so my bit now starts at about 23 seconds. 1st of 3 riders, camera on 3rd. Best played in 1080 or it looks crap.

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales

A very rare moment of Zim in a video.. a short segment near the house called "Stairway to Heaven".

Normally I don't carry a camera and it's rare people let me go in front because I fall off too much and cause multiple pileups :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

EDIT : the OH was bored and edited some other bits in, so my bit now starts at about 23 seconds. 1st of 3 riders, camera on 3rd. Best played in 1080 or it looks crap.

thats a cracking trail to have on the doorstep, you lot were shifting down there as well!
MOAR !

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I should have been riding today but I felt like dogshit.. a proper headache that makes you shut one eye with the pain..
so I decided to make a load of noise in the workshop instead.. sorry, this is just old bloke shuffles around workshop and not old bloke falls off mountain...

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I should have been riding today but I felt like dogshit.. a proper headache that makes you shut one eye with the pain..
so I decided to make a load of noise in the workshop instead.. sorry, this is just old bloke shuffles around workshop and not old bloke falls off mountain...
I’ve got workshop envy (your pro tools... drool). Most of my tools are entry level DIY - but fine for what I do. Working on a double bunk bed for my grandkids at the mo. At first your chessboard made me think like you’re making a new guitar body. Oh man... really cool CNC! ????

Last edited:

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London

An actual Zim in camera moment. We are blessed..!!

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand

That’s some pretty decent pace you guys are doing there! Pretty close to trees too, very little room for error... ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
An actual Zim in camera moment. We are blessed..!!
Cheeky ! :) You do realise how rare this is ? Unless someone has a super high speed camera, it's normally impossible to capture more than one frame between my floor floppings - that's not a video - that's a photo... :)

Pretty close to trees too, very little room for error...
I practice a technique which normally involves more error than room ... What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger ! - I think they might have over simplified that statement ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles