Old blokes who should know better.....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
im still with this vicious headache and when I move my head too fast I almost pass out and throw up simultaneously
In awe at your skills .. and maybe even more ... your patience !!!

Hope you get your headache sorted .. trapped nerve ? de-hydration ? too much hydration ? (I had this a few years ago, I'd not realised I was doing it ... they gave me a litre bottle to fill with pee over a 24 hour period to test and said it was unlikely I'd need more, but if I did, use a bottle.. Went back two days later with 4* 2 litre bottles off pee I collected and explained I'd stopped collecting after 20 hours...) Chess board stress and nightmares .. black/white/black/white/black/black.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
In awe at your skills .. and maybe even more ... your patience !!!

Hope you get your headache sorted .. trapped nerve ? de-hydration ? too much hydration ? (I had this a few years ago, I'd not realised I was doing it ... they gave me a litre bottle to fill with pee over a 24 hour period to test and said it was unlikely I'd need more, but if I did, use a bottle.. Went back two days later with 4* 2 litre bottles off pee I collected and explained I'd stopped collecting after 20 hours...) Chess board stress and nightmares .. black/white/black/white/black/black.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

I dont know mate, it would be true to say that most peoples lives are not without stress at the moment.
as far as I know im not dehydrated but I do like a fair few cups of tea in a day and I know there are tanins and caffeine etc in it that could contribute..
patience.. wait until the next video, that tested my patience quite a bit and today, sanding end grain ??

so, exactly how much pee is one supposed to accumulate in the course of a day ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
my excuse for adding this video is that my Levo does at least appear in the video
I have no excuse for the lockdown lard !

Awesome workshop. You have some nice gear in there. and a nice amount of space. Your ceiling height appears to be about the same as mine. I like the look of that sander cleaner. I am ofter throwing away belts just as they are dirty / clogged.
Love that wood too. has a lovely grain texture on it.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
As promised .. better late than never ....

A very rare moment of Zim in a video.. a short segment near the house called "Stairway to Heaven".

Normally I don't carry a camera and it's rare people let me go in front because I fall off too much and cause multiple pileups :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My crash rate is dropping off so this time they let me go first ! :)

EDIT : the OH was bored and edited some other bits in, so my bit now starts at about 23 seconds. 1st of 3 riders, camera on 3rd. Best played in 1080 or it looks crap.

Cool stuff. Great looking trails. Nothing like that around here where I live unfortunately

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Uhmmm .. seems like a hell of a lot of work to make a chopping board with a fancy underside !! ;) o_O

Amazing Dobby !!!! Hell of a piece of work. Thanks for taking the time to video it all and edit it together. Hope your head gets better soon !!!!

If you've been struggling at any point to sell your guitars, I'd advise you to find the guy who sold you the book with the plans as I think he swapped the covers.

You were like the world smallest woodpecker for part of that.. :cool:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Absolutely awesome!! just loved watching that and the results are amazing. I know what you mean with the time invested to build things. I build Skis and snowboards with individual veneer tops, and 40 hours on a pair of skis is quite possible. Loads of people want me to build them for them, and I know I can't charge what they are worth.
Loving your workshop. Seeing all sorts of toys that I wish I had. Hope the head is getting better.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Uhmmm .. seems like a hell of a lot of work to make a chopping board with a fancy underside !! ;) o_O

Amazing Dobby !!!! Hell of a piece of work. Thanks for taking the time to video it all and edit it together. Hope your head gets better soon !!!!

If you've been struggling at any point to sell your guitars, I'd advise you to find the guy who sold you the book with the plans as I think he swapped the covers.
cheers mate, yea I couldnt sell enough guitars to make a living in the end.. I couldnt go back to engineering (was working many years as an automation engineer) so I went back to plumbing that I hadnt done since I was in my early 20's.. woodworking is where I know I do my best work though, I actually hate working with metal.

Absolutely awesome!! just loved watching that and the results are amazing. I know what you mean with the time invested to build things. I build Skis and snowboards with individual veneer tops, and 40 hours on a pair of skis is quite possible. Loads of people want me to build them for them, and I know I can't charge what they are worth.
Loving your workshop. Seeing all sorts of toys that I wish I had. Hope the head is getting better.
that sounds cool, got a website?, ill take a look !
yea, even at a very generously low rate of £45/hour that board would owe me £1230 before I sell it for a profit :D :D theres no way im selling it for that.. imagine if I sold it to a shop, that would pump the price to at least £2000 inc vat to the customer.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
After a long, long time not riding I managed one of the most scenic rides I’ve done to date..
57BA1EA7-B3D6-473E-B195-415515599862.jpeg
EA249307-C858-404A-B7B0-8C67B2B62A82.jpeg
521B6193-B4DA-4B70-8880-D8D7DB2679C5.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Awesome where is that?!

its "the diving board" on fan-y-big (yes its a place, not anatomy). its part of the 3 peaks that are pen-yfan, fan-y-big and cribyn (the famous SAS selection run) - we came off the gap road to here, amazing ride and incredible scenery, 30 mins down the road from me.

seriously, if anyone wants to do this route or similar, I can post up rides etc..

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
its "the diving board" on fan-y-big (yes its a place, not anatomy). its part of the 3 peaks that are pen-yfan, fan-y-big and cribyn (the famous SAS selection run) - we came off the gap road to here, amazing ride and incredible scenery, 30 mins down the road from me.

seriously, if anyone wants to do this route or similar, I can post up rides etc..
Looks like we can get some drone bangers there @TheBikePilot

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles