Old blokes who should know better.....

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I'm not sure if it's right that I just enjoyed spending 6 calm and therapeutic minutes watching an old bloke trying to get it up. Meanwhile, his own Mrs stood by and watched, providing only a cup of tea half way through to help ..... is this normal ?
well, men of a 'certain age' seem to struggle with keeping it up, currently, 'getting it up' or 'flipping it over' aren't presenting me any problems :D

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I wanna be practicing wheelies but it’s too hot, even the peacock looks overheated but he may just be sad that someone has stolen his legs
3201AE6F-7FF0-4D89-8C8B-685EC162CC1B.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Would you believe that some snowflake reported my first wheelie video as "harmful content" and now it cant really be viewed.. anyway, here is day 2 of learning to wheelie where the balance point is getting easier and I'm trying to get the hang of braking and pedalling at the same time..

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Another inspiring video Dobby, have been practicing the same on an off for months and think i'm somewhere around where you are now. Very difficult to just 'brush' that back brake without going too hard and bringing the front wheel down again. Wish I'd learn't to do this as a kid like lots of my mates not when I'm nearly 60, though it does fill in an hour or so after work and gets you out exercising the body and the brain. Keep it up as it's at least getting me out doing it, did 2.5 km last night just trying to wheelie. One thing I did notice is when I'm out actually riding in the bush and I have my camelbak on, must weigh nearly 3kg, it does affect the balance point and it's actually a bit easier to pick up the front wheel.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Finally got round to watching Wheely Wheely Good video no.2.

Do youtube watch a reported video and then put it back up ? otherwise anyone could just report anything.

I'm thinking it was the cup of tea ? A health and safety inspector is probably on lockdown and very bored. High risk, no kevlar gloves to prevent burning. No nomex tea drinking suit to protect from hot spills.

God knows what's going to happen on this one ?

Using a mode of transport which is inherently unstable - 2 wheels. Health and safety advise 4 minimum and ideally 5.

Walking on a bridge without a safety line.

Eating an ice lolly without coating your lips with a safety product to avoid freeze bonding.

Mentioning idiots in video's without advanced written warning..... :)

EDIT : Wheely Wheely Good Part 1 - THE MOST BANNED (old blokes) VIDEO on YOUTUBE !! is back ! - I answered my own question.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Another inspiring video Dobby, have been practicing the same on an off for months and think i'm somewhere around where you are now. Very difficult to just 'brush' that back brake without going too hard and bringing the front wheel down again. Wish I'd learn't to do this as a kid like lots of my mates not when I'm nearly 60, though it does fill in an hour or so after work and gets you out exercising the body and the brain. Keep it up as it's at least getting me out doing it, did 2.5 km last night just trying to wheelie. One thing I did notice is when I'm out actually riding in the bush and I have my camelbak on, must weigh nearly 3kg, it does affect the balance point and it's actually a bit easier to pick up the front wheel.
nice one mate, yea its a lot more tiring than you would think and I cant do too much in a day or I start getting worse! keep it up and lets see the results !

Finally got round to watching Wheely Wheely Good video no.2.

Do youtube watch a reported video and then put it back up ? otherwise anyone could just report anything.

I'm thinking it was the cup of tea ? A health and safety inspector is probably on lockdown and very bored. High risk, no kevlar gloves to prevent burning. No nomex tea drinking suit to protect from hot spills.

God knows what's going to happen on this one ?

Using a mode of transport which is inherently unstable - 2 wheels. Health and safety advise 4 minimum and ideally 5.

Walking on a bridge without a safety line.

Eating an ice lolly without coating your lips with a safety product to avoid freeze bonding.

Mentioning idiots in video's without advanced written warning..... :)

EDIT : Wheely Wheely Good Part 1 - THE MOST BANNED (old blokes) VIDEO on YOUTUBE !! is back ! - I answered my own question.

I appealed and they unrestricted it but yes, it looks like anyone that gets triggered can report a video and you are guilty until proved innocent.
I didnt even know you could report videos, if you dont wanna see something, dont watch it.. innit

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I appealed and they unrestricted it but yes, it looks like anyone that gets triggered can report a video and you are guilty until proved innocent.
I didnt even know you could report videos, if you dont wanna see something, dont watch it.. innit
So you've no idea why someone didn't like it ? I doubt it's the helmet thing. You've got one of those big noggins that looks like it has a helmet on anyway !! :p :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maybe you could get it coloured to make it look like a helmet ? Then gel it so it acts like a helmet - though without mips.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
So you've no idea why someone didn't like it ? I doubt it's the helmet thing. You've got one of those big noggins that looks like it has a helmet on anyway !! :p :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maybe you could get it coloured to make it look like a helmet ? Then gel it so it acts like a helmet - though without mips.
the amount of hair I have atm acts like MIPS anyway :D
thats riht, ive no idea what the complaint was about or why it was reinstated, an excellent review process !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
the amount of hair I have atm acts like MIPS anyway :D
thats riht, ive no idea what the complaint was about or why it was reinstated, an excellent review process !
You've got the advantage of a Full Face natural helmet. Not to mention significant natural back protection ! Is armour even necessary ?

It has been suggested that it's not natural and that one day you slipped when you were out working, knocked over a tub of PVA glue, landed in it and then continued to slide through the next building which was a very busy, but untidy, women's waxing salon.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
The wheelie course from Ryan Leech is the most complete I have seen yet, he approaches many different aspects of it and has a series of drills that are very smart.
The most difficult is to stay awake during his speeches. ?
One of his observations is that one should get used to use the rear brakes to put the fron end down and not just let it drop by stopping to pedal.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Perfect timing .. sit down .. refresh ... wheelie madness ...

Dobby 0:08 Hopefully .. well .. yes .. we don't need to do we ...
Dobby : 4:00 It's coming but slowly ..
Great Dane : 4:16 It'll come up quicker ...
Dobby : 4:22 It's less effort

I think we know the problem .. people who complain, only have audio ..

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
The wheelie course from Ryan Leech is the most complete I have seen yet, he approaches many different aspects of it and has a series of drills that are very smart.
The most difficult is to stay awake during his speeches. ?
One of his observations is that one should get used to use the rear brakes to put the fron end down and not just let it drop by stopping to pedal.
Im gonna go check that out right now (y) (y)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Would you believe that some snowflake reported my first wheelie video as "harmful content" and now it cant really be viewed...
I dunno... the more I think about this... I'm sensing 'inside job?'

Someone in your household wants to covertly put an end - to your third (or was it your fourth?) mid-life crisis shenanigans... ?:giggle:
Could be the tea lady you know... ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sad .. because you didn't get either crash on video ...

Someone took some very rare Zimmer footage at the weekend .. equally rare - I didn't crash. They must have known as they let me go in front and they only let me go in front if they think I won't crash so I won't cause a massive multi bike pile up ... :)

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Sad .. because you didn't get either crash on video ...

Someone took some very rare Zimmer footage at the weekend .. equally rare - I didn't crash. They must have known as they let me go in front and they only let me go in front if they think I won't crash so I won't cause a massive multi bike pile up ... :)
usually just being on camera is enough to ensure an accident :D
I was pretty fortunate, a tree branch hit the left bar hard and the bars insta-spun around 90 degrees, stopping the bike dead, burping the front tyre and sending me OTB, I got the bar in the groin and the seat in the arse as I went over... im pretty certain you can find something amusing to say about that!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
usually just being on camera is enough to ensure an accident :D
I was pretty fortunate, a tree branch hit the left bar hard and the bars insta-spun around 90 degrees, stopping the bike dead, burping the front tyre and sending me OTB, I got the bar in the groin and the seat in the arse as I went over... im pretty certain you can find something amusing to say about that!
No need :) ... you've covered it all perfectly with your imagery ! I shall now consume a beer with a huge grin on my face re-living your moment in slow motion ... Noooooooooo , Owwwww , Feeurckk ... Bowwwocks.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Finished watching it ... very therapeutic ! Great views. You boys weren't hanging about were you ! I always imagine you insisting every stop every ten minutes whilst you get the guitar out for a quick sing song ... Nice Job Dobby !
cheers mate, we all used to ride enduro bikes and / or motocross and like a bit of speed :)
whens the zimmer DH world cup course hitting our screens?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles