Old blokes who should know better.....

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Clearing the hillside for the downhill section is taking far longer and is more difficult than I was hoping
30F42EE7-612D-4D91-84CD-DE27337C8257.jpeg
0F88DA41-4E7A-4F17-B38A-84786B79ADA7.jpeg
1DB1A171-2178-4659-9428-2C05C1281254.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
it felt like forever, but it wasnt..
New bike day is always a good day... should be able to make more vids !
massive thanks to Berkshire bikes for getting this sorted for me.. if you've seen the queue's outside the shop, you'll know what I mean..
Even that peacock thinks the bike is prettier than him ?

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Yup, you can notice a huge improvement in image quality with the new Levo compared to the old Levo...
I dunno about that but weirdly I am a better rider on it, I think its just down to getting the right frame size..
also weirdly, I've had this sort of thing before with MX bikes where I've struggled on one, bought another and suddenly im twice as good, because the bike just fits me..
also weirdly, I never really 'connected' with my old Levo, I liked it but I didnt love it, I connected with the new Levo almost straight away, love it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I dunno about that but weirdly I am a better rider on it, I think its just down to getting the right frame size..
also weirdly, I've had this sort of thing before with MX bikes where I've struggled on one, bought another and suddenly im twice as good, because the bike just fits me..
also weirdly, I never really 'connected' with my old Levo, I liked it but I didnt love it, I connected with the new Levo almost straight away, love it.
It can be strange like that. If you love something there's some weird symbiotic physical connection there which just feels right. Did you size up or size down ? I know you were having problems with bending pedals and things :p Did they make you a custom tungsten carbon weave frame ? It's the same colour isn't it ? Is that so Mrs Dobby doesn't know you changed ? :cool:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
It can be strange like that. If you love something there's some weird symbiotic physical connection there which just feels right. Did you size up or size down ? I know you were having problems with bending pedals and things :p Did they make you a custom tungsten carbon weave frame ? It's the same colour isn't it ? Is that so Mrs Dobby doesn't know you changed ? :cool:
haha, I'm incredibly fortunate and Mrs Dobby has never given me grief about my hobbies and the stupid amount of money ive spent on them..
old bike was an XL carbon comp (2019)
new bike is a L comp (ally)
Im right on the cusp of both sizes at 6'1" and just went with the wrong size first time, I can throw this one around a little more. the pedals problem wont go away, Ive put a set of composite nukeproofs on and also bought some Burgatec's (composite again) to try before I decide to stick with flats or go to the Crank Brothers Mallet pedals..

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Sam will be chuffed ... that's heading more towards his ideal ! :)

You looked very "at one"/connected/trusting with the bike on your Crychan forest video.

Why was @Kiwi in Wales demonstrating his Ninja disappearing tricks on the other video ??
I was teaching him the ancient art of the ’Way of the Kiwi’ Zimmy san ??

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
haha, I'm incredibly fortunate and Mrs Dobby has never given me grief about my hobbies and the stupid amount of money ive spent on them..
old bike was an XL carbon comp (2019)
new bike is a L comp (ally)
Im right on the cusp of both sizes at 6'1" and just went with the wrong size first time, I can throw this one around a little more...
Just noticed your signature... some mighty awesome eGuitars you build there, Mr J ! (y) ?

So I take it you went for the smaller bike size?
I too, am smack in the middle of both sizes (M and S) according to the current geometry trends - and the bike shop was adamant that I should get the M. But even at the LBS carpark, the medium felt like a stretch limo, but the Small felt just right so that's what I got. When I got home, I measured my old-school mountain bikes (medium-large and large sizes) and my new Small EEB has a longer wheelbase than all of them. :unsure:?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Just noticed your signature... some mighty awesome eGuitars you build there, Mr J ! (y) ?

So I take it you went for the smaller bike size?
I too, am smack in the middle of both sizes (M and S) according to the current geometry trends - and the bike shop was adamant that I should get the M. But even at the LBS carpark, the medium felt like a stretch limo, but the Small felt just right so that's what I got. When I got home, I measured my old-school mountain bikes (medium-large and large sizes) and my new Small EEB has a longer wheelbase than all of them. :unsure:?
thanks mate, eGuitars only :p !
yes this is what I found, compared to my really old bike (2002 spesh enduro) the geometry, wheel size, wheelbase, etc etc were so vastly different that they simply didnt stand up to any comparison, in one of the vids above, as im going down one hill on the trail I mention that sometimes I simply couldnt ride my old bike down there, but the Levo pisses all over it (while I hang on)
yes I went down a frame size and its great when standing, in fact I could even have a higher rise bar but when sitting I always feel stretched and get pain in my traps on long pedally sections or long rides.. I think its the seat tube angle that isnt steep enough (most bikes), as the seat gets higher, its taking you further from the bars and if you have especially long legs in proportion to your arms (me) then you end up stretched out in the cockpit.
live and learn I guess but thats always a problem if you are stuck in between sizes and most of the time, I am.. there are a few like the YT decoy where I am bang in the middle but I wanted to stick with the Levo, its an awesome bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles