Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Picked my up my green Carbon Comp SL yesterday. First ride today, so good!

upgrades:
RockShox Lyrik Ultimate 160mm
RoxkShox Super Deluxe Ultimate
Enve bar, Deity stem.
GX cassette and derailleur

loved all of it, except the brakes. The Guide REs on this are noticeably weaker than the Code RSCs on my Enduro on the same trails. I’ll upgrade these, along with the rotors.

First eMTB, so glad I didn’t go FF Levo. I used trail or eco on my first gravity oriented ride, that was more than enough to take the edge off the climbs.

65CA5F99-60B5-4D5E-91A0-A881DBF540E7.jpeg

200B6318-60EF-4365-B6BD-2015941519B2.jpeg

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland

upgrades:
Enve bar, Deity stem.

loved all of it, except the brakes. The Guide REs on this are noticeably weaker than the Code RSCs on my Enduro on the same trails. I’ll upgrade these, along with the rotors.

First eMTB, so glad I didn’t go FF Levo. I used trail or eco on my first gravity oriented ride, that was more than enough to take the edge off the climbs.

View attachment 36557

View attachment 36558

Love the colour.
Go for the shimano brakes and drivetrain.

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida

upgrades:
Enve bar, Deity stem.

View attachment 36557

View attachment 36558
Very nice! That’s the color I would have gotten if available in US.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
nice fast flowing run. That looks like a lot of fun!
Lots of fun! Wish it was longer.

For those interseted.. finally got a inclinometer that wasn't my iphone. I seem to be at 64-64.2 deg HTA (haven't found a perfectly level spot in my yard). That's with a offset bushing and my Mezzer at 170mm. EVO territory! It rides great btw, and I don't feel any worse/different on the climbs. I think that the 44mm offest on the fork helps calm the steering a bit.

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
34 T WolfTooth chainring.
WT is great quality imho. Which mounting system is the Praxis? IE, which ring fits. Too many options!
BTW, On the Levo thread, a lot of peeps are using a steel 36t, but that may be because of the higher power output.

Last edited:

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
Ok, carbon comp xt build, light cycle carbon wheels, Vittoria peyote 2.35 tires, Answer 20/20 carbon bars, praxis carbon cranks, dvo Topaz shock. 16.71kg, 36.76 lbs. still need to add fox 36.

View attachment 36667

View attachment 36668
Nicely done - which model (dimensions) light cycle carbon wheels? Also, what did the stock wheels weigh?

Last edited:

Zoot Allures

Sep 17, 2019
West Wales
For me personally good spec changes on the 2021 Expert

Got to agree with you!
I’ve liked the idea of an Sl since they came out, but couldn’t get past the fact that I’d be paying top dollar for a bike that I’d have to change out fork / shock and brakes etc for the sort of riding I like.
However spec on this one looks pretty good from the off (for me). just a 160 air shaft and tyre change really .... even the standard grips are pretty decent.
Looks like they’ve dropped the carbon wheels From the 2020 and invested in the suspension and brakes instead. Interesting how it’s the only levo that comes with a piggy back shock as standard whereas the 2021 FF Expert (and Sworks) still don’t.

s1desh0wb0b

Apr 25, 2020
Cambridge
Got to agree with you!
I’ve liked the idea of an Sl since they came out, but couldn’t get past the fact that I’d be paying top dollar for a bike that I’d have to change out fork / shock and brakes etc for the sort of riding I like.
However spec on this one looks pretty good from the off (for me). just a 160 air shaft and tyre change really .... even the standard grips are pretty decent.
Looks like they’ve dropped the carbon wheels From the 2020 and invested in the suspension and brakes instead. Interesting how it’s the only levo that comes with a piggy back shock as standard whereas the 2021 FF Expert (and Sworks) still don’t.

Exactly my thinking a air shaft change is a cost effective tweak and I’m considering a cascade link. While it’s shame to lose the carbon rims the more capable suspension and braking package work for me.

I also really like the cast battleship colour

SL-ED

Jun 14, 2020
Bay Area
Group ride with the fellas but I was the only one with a ebike. So what did I do? I ride with the motor off the whole loop! It wasn't a very big loop only 11.6miles and 1,650ft but I was very impress how well it climbed and rolled! This was only my second ride on my new SL Carbon. The trails we hit was in Lake Tahoe Jelly Stone trail, Hong Kong Pho trail and Jackass trail. Loving this bike so far!!

20200725_101918.jpg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Absolutely!! The 34 is a noodle. Glad they went with better shocks.

now how long until they make an enduro SL.
I have heard ,(3rd or 4th party info ?‍♂️?) that a "Kenevo SL" is incoming later this year. Enduro Geo, not sure on wheel size, and same motor as SL BUT with 40nm torque. Makes sense for them to do that IMO as it caters to a different type of ride than the standard Kenevo or standard SL.

The 160mm 36 is refreshing to see on the 2021. Bike really begs for it to be a tad bit slacker . I haven't found a downside to mine being ~ 1.5 deg or so slack than stock. Could just be preference though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles