Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Any Comp SL owners, or anyone who’s tested the alu Comp next to the Comp Carbon? Do they sound any different? I’m wondering if the different frame materials attenuate the sound differently.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Any Comp SL owners, or anyone who’s tested the alu Comp next to the Comp Carbon? Do they sound any different? I’m wondering if the different frame materials attenuate the sound differently.
Will tell you when mine arrives this week. I spent a day on the alloy last week.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Erm.., we don't have mountains in Austria?
Grossglockner is the highest mountain in Austria and the highest mountain in the Alps east of the Brenner Pass.
Elevation‎: ‎3,798 m (12,461 ft)

So just under 3 times higher than anything in the UK.......

In the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, a mountain is usually defined as any summit at least 2,000 feet (610 m) high,[3] which accords with the official UK government's definition that a mountain, for the purposes of access, is a summit of 2,000 feet (610 m) or higher.[4] In addition, some definitions also include a topographical prominence requirement, typically 100 or 500 feet (30 or 152 m).[5] At one time the U.S. Board on Geographic Names defined a mountain as being 1,000 feet (300 m) or taller,[6] but has abandoned the definition since the 1970s. Any similar landform lower than this height was considered a hill.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Grossglockner is the highest mountain in Austria and the highest mountain in the Alps east of the Brenner Pass.
Elevation‎: ‎3,798 m (12,461 ft)

So just under 3 times higher than anything in the UK.......

I rode up there about 30 years ago on my Raleigh Equipe. I seem to recall it was quite difficult, certainly not a hill..... I remember riding back down again in torrential rain more though. Even with the rain, my brake blocks looked like some alien nasal slime dribbled down my forks when I got to the bottom.

I'd like to think I overtook more vehicles on the way down than overtook me on the way up ... but that probably falls under the "the older I am, the faster I was" theory.

I also recall that it convinced me that a GSXR750 was the future .. and not pedalling ... but I'm back to pedalling .. well, sort of .. :)

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
It’s just been pointed out to me that the Expert seatpost is 34.9mm, but the S-Works is 30.9mm. I’ve checked them all, and only the S-Works and Founders are 30.9mm.

Would this indicate that they have slightly different frames?
Need to call the shop tomorrow and check which Reverb they ordered me! Based on the price match, I reckon they’ve gone with the 30.9mm... as the 34.9mm was £30 cheaper.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
It’s just been pointed out to me that the Expert seatpost is 34.9mm, but the S-Works is 30.9mm. I’ve checked them all, and only the S-Works and Founders are 30.9mm.

Need to call the shop tomorrow and check which Reverb they ordered me! Based on the price match, I reckon they’ve gone with the 30.9mm... as the 34.9mm was £30 cheaper.
Doubtful. Most likely they are shimming the Reverb AXS because it only comes in 30.9mm.

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz

All Levo and Levo SL frames seat post tubes are 34.9mm. Levo SL bike that come with AXS 30.9mm seat post have a shim to make up the difference in size.

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Why to choose the AXS instead of the X-Fusion? Isn´t the AXS much heavier?

About 50g heavier... but it’s the best dropper out there.
Used it before, and wouldn’t go back to a wired one!

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
Any downside to buying the 30.9 AXS reverb + spacer? It's an expensive dropper so I would prefer it would fit other bikes should I want to change.

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
One has to wonder why Rockshox makes different versions if there are no downsides. Why not make one size per travel and bundle with the most common shims?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
These?
SPECIALIZED CARBON - Praxis Works

edit: my bad, noticed the note.

I contacted Praxis direct about these last week. Response yesterday...

“These cranks are not yet available for the aftermarket. We should have these cranks by late spring or sooner. I’ll add you to the newsletter, so you’ll be notified when they are available.”

My LBS is away to try and order direct from Specialized.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I contacted Praxis direct about these last week. Response yesterday...

“These cranks are not yet available for the aftermarket. We should have these cranks by late spring or sooner. I’ll add you to the newsletter, so you’ll be notified when they are available.”

My LBS is away to try and order direct from Specialized.
These are NOT for the SL.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
These are NOT for the SL.

I know - hence the question to Praxis and the response that they are not available to buy aftermarket yet.
I’m hoping my LBS can order a pair in for an S-Works direct from Specialized.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Will be interesting know the weight of shifter, cable and derailleur. Even if just for GX. I mean is the weight of a cable similar to battery?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
F5944283-8063-4B95-8B3E-FA0709CCDAC1.png

Source: https://bikerumor.com/2018/06/23/co...n-whats-the-difference-between-nx-gx-x01-xx1/

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles