Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’m just being silly, the Levo is a serious machine. If you want an all rounder it’s hard to beat. If you want a more burlier bike than can take abuse then definitely the Kenevo.

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Thanks guys! Yeah, if it were like 25-30% off then I think the Levo 700wh would be difficult to pass up but add some aftermarket mods to reach a bit of Kenevo territory and the savings quickly evaporates.
I would not trade my kenevo for any ebike on the market its that good, however, I ride once a month with a group of guys on levos (mostly slightly modded) and they were for sure not under biked on some legit rocky techy downhill.

Not sure you could make a bad decision as they are both amazing machines!

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
I would not trade my kenevo for any ebike on the market its that good, however, I ride once a month with a group of guys on levos (mostly slightly modded) and they were for sure not under biked on some legit rocky techy downhill.

Not sure you could make a bad decision as they are both amazing machines!
Considering a Levo with a weel swap to 27,5 front and back for fun and the fork raised to 170mm. Any thoughts ?

Reactions: CjP

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Ended up replacing the crown race to a cane creek crown race and it solved his issue. The factory one has a split in it and is a poor design imho.
I’d check the above mentioned things first though as that could also be the issue.

Have also some annoying creakings coming somewhere out of the boxxer. I changed the carbon spacers to aluminium ones, cleaned and regreased everything, but nothing solved the issue. I never thought about this part and think, it's worth a try.
Thanx(y)

Reactions: CjP

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Just thought I'd chuck this up here and say hello :)
2020 Kenevo Comp with a radically altered spec. Went with the comp as I already had a 700wh battery and a Lyric that I absolutely love. Other upgrades include the Spank Oozy rims on Hope Pro 4 hubs, AXS Reverb 150mm, Fox Float X2 shock, Renthal bar and stem, and 155mm cranks (to reduce my knee bend, as both are shot to bits). She gets ragged regularly, but takes all the abuse I've thrown at her. My only issue has been the battery wiring harness, which was replaced under warranty and was apparently a known issue. If and when I ever get it, she'll be complemented by a Levo SL. If I get the range from it that I hope I will, I'll be selling the 700wh battery (one careful owner) and sticking with the 500wh one on the Kenevo.

20200407_112308.jpg

GOPR9891_1588418011113.jpg

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
2020 Kenevo Comp with a radically altered spec. Went with the comp as I already had a 700wh battery and a Lyric that I absolutely love. Other upgrades include the Spank Oozy rims on Hope Pro 4 hubs, AXS Reverb 150mm, Fox Float X2 shock, Renthal bar and stem, and 155mm cranks (to reduce my knee bend, as both are shot to bits). She gets ragged regularly, but takes all the abuse I've thrown at her. My only issue has been the battery wiring harness, which was replaced under warranty and was apparently a known issue. If and when I ever get it, she'll be complemented by a Levo SL. If I get the range from it that I hope I will, I'll be selling the 700wh battery (one careful owner) and sticking with the 500wh one on the Kenevo.
Nice rebuild!
How do you like the air spring in the back? as compared to the stock coil?
Thanks!

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Thanks ?

I am utterly in love with the Float X2 on this bike, it's as if the bike was made for this shock! It is really supple, very supportive, but much more 'poppy' or playful than the coil. I find it really helps me get the back end to match the front when getting airborne. I'm still doing a bit of fine tuning, but generally speaking there is no way I'd go back to a coil after riding the Float X2 on this bike!

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
Thanks ?

I am utterly in love with the Float X2 on this bike, it's as if the bike was made for this shock! It is really supple, very supportive, but much more 'poppy' or playful than the coil. I find it really helps me get the back end to match the front when getting airborne. I'm still doing a bit of fine tuning, but generally speaking there is no way I'd go back to a coil after riding the Float X2 on this bike!
Is it a custom shock (stroke/eye to eye)?

MEDUIX

Nov 21, 2018
BARCELONA
No, it's a standard 230x62.5mm.

Which is your body weight without clothes and gear?

The Fox X2 air shock...where did you buy it? is there some kind of special tune or valving in this shock?or did you buy it as an ordinary shock in an online shop?

Could you explain the set up of the shock? psi, settings, etc...

Sorry about so many questions...I'm thinking in changing my shock and it would be interesting to know about the X2 and how well is paired with the 2020 Kenevo.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Okay, for all those with an interest...

I weigh 74kgs without riding kit, am 168cm tall and ride an S2 frame. The 2020 Float X2 on my bike is 230x62.5, using a reducer to shorten the stroke from its stock 65mm to the Kenevo's original stroke length. This keeps my travel and everything else as Spesh intended. I bought it online, with the tune ID of DTZK. It was originally tuned for a YT Decoy and has 3 0.3 volume spacers in. I run 200psi and have the HSC, LSC, HSR and LSR all set to Fox's recommended settings, except that HSR is dialled up a couple of clicks and LSC is dialled down a couple.

I think that's it!

MEDUIX

Nov 21, 2018
BARCELONA
From what I see it is a shock that was intended for ebike so it probably had some special internal valving for that use.
I weigh 88kg without clothes. If you have had to inflate to 200psi with 74kg ... I don't know how many should I.
I like the idea of less weight, ease of adjustment without changing springs and poppy feel... but I am wary of overheating, mid-travel support and overall behavior, I've always been a big advocate for shock absorbers and spring forks .

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
From what I see it is a shock that was intended for ebike so it probably had some special internal valving for that use.
I weigh 88kg without clothes. If you have had to inflate to 200psi with 74kg ... I don't know how many should I.
I like the idea of less weight, ease of adjustment without changing springs and poppy feel... but I am wary of overheating, mid-travel support and overall behavior, I've always been a big advocate for shock absorbers and spring forks .
It won't have been anything that a good shop, or Fox themselves could do for you. The midstroke support has been great on this one and I get full travel without any harsh bottom outs, and that includes chucking some good drops and jumps too. Put it this way, this shock made me laugh on its first ride, simply because of just how much more fun it was compared to the Ohlins TTX22M it replaced!

Shimanomike

Jan 6, 2019
Paris, Tn
Ok so what am I missing here? I'm mounting the Magura MT7 on the Magura 220mm rotor on my Kenevo with the Boxxer fork. I was told to get the Magura QM-45 adapter to mount it. As you can see it is not even close. Pay no attention to the mounting bolts on the caliper. The third picture is where I took the stock adapter off the rear, added a washer between the caliper and the adapter and it is much closer. Not perfect I don't think because I get a pretty good screech sound which I think is a misalignment sound. Any thoughts?

20200514_110534.jpg

15894732927623805405241760331238.jpg

20200514_105631.jpg

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
The Boxxer has PM8. This is the direct mount for 200mm rotors. So you need the QM40 adapter for 220mm rotors.

The QM45 fits on the rear with the 220mm rotors, because there's a PM7.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Has anybody swapped the brakes on the 2020 Kenevo themselves? Is it a difficult job? Does it require the motor to be dropped or can the hose simply be fed through?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Has anybody swapped the brakes on the 2020 Kenevo themselves? Is it a difficult job? Does it require the motor to be dropped or can the hose simply be fed through?
If there’s no barbs on there and it’s just the hose it’s easy as just pushing the hose through. There’s a plastic tube from the cover behind the rear shock to just out the back of the motor.
I’ve got the Hope braided lines which are thicker than stock and they were a tight fit but still pushed through.

MaxyP

May 5, 2020
Wales

View attachment 30909

View attachment 30915
What rear mudguard is that please?
thx Max

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
If there’s no barbs on there and it’s just the hose it’s easy as just pushing the hose through. There’s a plastic tube from the cover behind the rear shock to just out the back of the motor.
I’ve got the Hope braided lines which are thicker than stock and they were a tight fit but still pushed through.

Thanks Christian! Daft question coming up but I’ve never messed with brakes and internal routing before. If I split the Code R or the new brake at the lever in order to pull the hose out of the frame or push the new one through, is there going to be fluid leaking everywhere? I don’t have to drain the system do I?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
On the codes there is a non removable barb, that would have to be cut off in order to pull the cable through, you can buy them though. As for leakage, from memory no but if you were to pull on the lever I’m sure it would come out. In saying that it may leak if the lever is facing down, I always had it facing up in case. You will need to re bleed the system though if you don’t fancy spongy brakes.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
On the codes there is a non removable barb, that would have to be cut off in order to pull the cable through, you can buy them though. As for leakage, from memory no but if you were to pull on the lever I’m sure it would come out. In saying that it may leak if the lever is facing down, I always had it facing up in case. You will need to re bleed the system though if you don’t fancy spongy brakes.

Thanks again! The leakage I was referring to though was from the hose that remains connected to the calliper. Does nothing come out when it is pulled through or pushed through the frame?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles