New Santa Cruz model

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There were some stupidly cheap lease deals available last year.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
In France you can get them second hand with barely any mileage for 40k, and I expect to keep falling as the updated model with better range and lower price starts selling... It's a shame it has no competition except for french vans with f- all range

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Santa Cruz Vala C R MX 600 Midnight Green 2025
SKU: 640835
7.499,00 €

Screenshot_20241002_192032.jpg

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Over £6.5k and it comes with NX... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you buy a Santa Cruz you need to go for the S kit at the bare minimum to have a somewhat ready to ride build with no upgrades required, but you're still getting poor value versus the competition.

I feel like the Vala will be harder to sell for Santa Cruz considering it's not VPP, limited to the 600wh and very expensive as per usual SC price structure.

2025 Trek Rail+ builds are a much better value and you get the 800wh on top.

Biano44

Oct 7, 2020
Charnwood
If you buy a Santa Cruz you need to go for the S kit at the bare minimum to have a somewhat ready to ride build with no upgrades required, but you're still getting poor value versus the competition.

I feel like the Vala will be harder to sell for Santa Cruz considering it's not VPP, limited to the 600wh and very expensive as per usual SC price structure.

2025 Trek Rail+ builds are a much better value and you get the 800wh on top.
Agreed in principle but having had both brands in the last 4 years, Treks build quality doesn’t come close to a Santa Cruz.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I’m sorry but the new rail is way more attractive than this new sc. They are both mullets, but the rail gives you the option of the 600 or 800wh batteries. The rail is also 160/160mm travel ( as opposed to 160/150mm)with the frame’s ability to mount a 180mm fork. I also prefer alloy frames because I am tired of stone strikes braking my frame.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I’m sorry but the new rail is way more attractive than this new sc. They are both mullets, but the rail gives you the option of the 600 or 800wh batteries. The rail is also 160/160mm travel ( as opposed to 160/150mm)with the frame’s ability to mount a 180mm fork. I also prefer alloy frames because I am tired of stone strikes braking my frame.

…but it’s rail. I didn’t hate the one I rode, didn’t love it. Properly meh bike. Maybe the new one is more fun? At least it wasn’t a bloody e160

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Are you trying to somehow prove a point by posting some bullshit marketing material?
Look at the center picture, the lower link would have to be inside the motor for the suspension to work right. The reason the Heckler and bullet suck under braking is the link is to high. The heckler sl is a better bike because the smaller drive unit allowed them to lower the link. Who the heck wants a bike with a suspension that gets firmer under braking. As for weather or not it’s “bullshit”, I’ll leave that to the turdfarmers to figure out.

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK
I still haven't figured out where this one sits in the lineup.

Suggests Vala replaces Heckler. Presumably Heckler SL lives on as the remaining Heckler.

TheMirrorVision

Sep 29, 2024
USA
I don't care why they did it, I care that they are charging VPP prices for a bike that is the same as so many others out there.
What does charging VPP price mean to you? As a long-time SC fan myself I'm curious to know how others define the value of SC bikes vs other manufacturers?

With the VPP patent expired for many years now and many other virtual pivot type designs in use by other manufacturers that really hasn't been a key differentiator in and of itself to me. The fact that SC has their own factory and doesn't share those costs with many other manufacturers like other factories do (I don't really care about this), their top tier frame build quality (I do care about this and can see the difference), and the fact that they receive their frames and assemble the full bikes in Santa Cruz (I care about this as it creates jobs in my state) all add to their price.

Additionally I'll say that it's a breath of fresh air to see any company realize something they've been doing for the a long period of time isn't always the best thing to keep doing in the future. If SC learned through testing and feedback that their previous generation Bronson & Hightowers needed less anti-squat and other changes to improve the overall ride quality and they implemented those improvements in the recent versions of those bikes, then it does not make sense to stick to VPP just for VPP's sake if all of those kinematic improvements couldn't be made on the Vala.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
SC going 4bar is one more step towards making it a classic PON style euro brand.
There is no wrong in changing suspension design,but one could expect a brand like SC with PON backing to invest in something like 6bar,switch style setup or come with something new alltogether.
4 bar works well when done propelly,but it screams to me low design and manfuctaring costs and just lack of innovation for a brand like that = less value for the customer

RSG

Sep 12, 2024
Wales
Anyone in the loop know if SC are planning to bring out a longer travel bike with the Bosch gen5 to phase out the current shape Bullit, like they've done with the Vala and Heckler?

Given all the spiel they've said about 4 bar allowing them better suspension curves, less anti squat etc, compared to current VPP full powered ebikes where the links are too high due to the motor, surely it would make sense to bring out a Bullit replacement too.

Like 180-170F/170R, MX Wheels etc

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Given all the spiel they've said about 4 bar allowing them better suspension curves, less anti squat etc, compared to current VPP full powered ebikes where the links are too high due to the motor ...
They would say that while they had a patent, wouldn't they?

Not that I'm cynical, of course. 😉

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Anyone in the loop know if SC are planning to bring out a longer travel bike with the Bosch gen5 to phase out the current shape Bullit, like they've done with the Vala and Heckler?

Given all the spiel they've said about 4 bar allowing them better suspension curves, less anti squat etc, compared to current VPP full powered ebikes where the links are too high due to the motor, surely it would make sense to bring out a Bullit replacement too.

Like 180-170F/170R, MX Wheels etc

There was no confirmation, but the Bullit was a very popular bike before they let it rot with a small battery since launch in 2020 and no updates except EP801.

It's almost 99% guaranteed SC are cooking a new Bullit with the new Bosch system & 4 bar suspension.

They need to replace the existing Bullit ASAP so we might see that bike pretty soon in my opinion.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
There was no confirmation, but the Bullit was a very popular bike before they let it rot with a small battery since launch in 2020 and no updates except EP801.

It's almost 99% guaranteed SC are cooking a new Bullit with the new Bosch system & 4 bar suspension.

They need to replace the existing Bullit ASAP so we might see that bike pretty soon in my opinion.
I could see the big plough bike with the 800 battery too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles