New Santa Cruz model

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Nice adjustability, it's not VPP but at least they didn't put the shock horizontaly with toptube because those bikes look dead ugly :p
The shock along the toptube makes more sense and the bike will ride better. Shock weight is much less than a battery extender or a bottle of water so i'd prefer to have that heavier weight towards the center and lower

RSG

Sep 12, 2024
Wales
Hoping they bring out a 180/170 or a 170/170 model with same shape and layout - there's definitely room in there for a longer shock without it impacting standover/frame shape or having to have the shock at some weird angle like Pivot's Shuttle LT - maybe at the cost of that tool/accessory mount.

I think it looks nice and low slung - like a more refined shape version of the repeater.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Hoping they bring out a 180/170 or a 170/170 model with same shape and layout - there's definitely room in there for a longer shock without it impacting standover/frame shape or having to have the shock at some weird angle like Pivot's Shuttle LT - maybe at the cost of that tool/accessory mount.

I think it looks nice and low slung - like a more refined shape version of the repeater.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
The shock along the toptube makes more sense and the bike will ride better. Shock weight is much less than a battery extender or a bottle of water so i'd prefer to have that heavier weight towards the center and lower
Yeah but it looks ugly and I really ever have understood the concept of range extender.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Yeah but it looks ugly and I really ever have understood the concept of range extender.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. Winning and popularity will influence that though so eventually correct function will look better. Win on sunday, sell on monday they say as well
I'd like a bosch with a 600w battery with an extender option because 60% of my days a lighter bike with just a 600w battery is the best ride quality and all the power ill need. The other 40% iis a longer ride and ill need the extender. Generally i know what type of ride ill be doing but some i end up doing more than planned and have to use a lower power mode to get home. Bosch 600w will get me a longer ride than my current 540w battery on a shimano and more flexibility. With the extender and 850w i could do anything i want to do any day all in boost

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I missed it- this is to replace the Heckler? or to add to the line up? is this also an SL or FF?

I’m guessing somewhere between, 20-21kg with full fat motor? Maybe we need a new category between SL and FF - Dad Bod

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles