SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Time delay is true even a month. I'll see.
Trailside as we speak🤙. I'm still waiting to get the shock bolt sizes to order hardware....2 weeks ago is when I requested.😁
Business Time is different there....some say we're too efficient in ours. 🍻

My fade paint job still holding up...$25 of paint.... But customer sticker expensive.💵💸💰

PXL_20230228_010005430.jpg PXL_20230228_010012885.jpg PXL_20230228_010030348.jpg

16775459189213773481626841493742.jpg

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Nice light for a ride.
Linda told me the engineer with the answers has been sick. I have been waiting two weeks also...

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
The batteries for the CEF50 are ready. The main one is at 10Ah and the range extender is at 10Ah. If the batteries pass the tests, you can make cases for them.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
Anyone have experience on spray painting the frame themselves?

Is it a fairly easy process?
I considered doing it myself but their factory will do it for super cheap (I think it was something like $25 more to have it painted). I provided them with a pantone colour and details of how I want it done (i.e. want the pivot unpainted/black).

In fact, they just called me to confirm if I want matt or glossy paint as they are about to spray it - so hopefully will ship soon!

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I considered doing it myself but their factory will do it for super cheap (I think it was something like $25 more to have it painted). I provided them with a pantone colour and details of how I want it done (i.e. want the pivot unpainted/black).

In fact, they just called me to confirm if I want matt or glossy paint as they are about to spray it - so hopefully will ship soon!
They actually called to confirm you from the Chinese factory that makes the CEF50 frame? If so, that's good follow-up!👍 And speaks well to not leaving you hanging...

Now just give the vital shock bolt hardware fitment sizes please...Linda?😎

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
They actually called to confirm you from the Chinese factory that makes the CEF50 frame? If so, that's good follow-up!👍 And speaks well to not leaving you hanging...

Now just give the vital shock bolt hardware fitment sizes please...Linda?😎
it was a Whatsapp call. Considering the time difference, I find them quite responsive

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
it was a Whatsapp call. Considering the time difference, I find them quite responsive
Cool. 👍 I'm familiar with Whatsapp.

Well sure, Linda responds when in their office time zone on Alibaba messaging too...I just Google Beijing time and contact in their working hours. But here's today: see Convo below a few hours ago.

Then I'll have to ask again in another week or two due to no follow-up. These are very basic, yet critical build questions that should be known to the sales team at the outset.

Maybe you have the *touch" ? 😉 If so, can you ask about the shock bolts sizes please and post here?

Screenshot_20230228-130746.png

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ

What size frame are they painting for you?

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
BT F050.B360.C this is also for m820 weighs under 2kg 360 wh .
You won't have enough of this battery. You hang up the range extender, it's heavy. Total + 4000g of weight you will add. How will you charge your bike if you go to a hotel for a rest?

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
if this battery is really ok and under 2kg ,i rather pick this one, because of the nice integration.Extender will be Diy if i needed it.something like this
1677652047044.png

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Savas, do you know what extender that is, my mate has a Focus Thron and is unable to buy an extender ( we keep running his 625Wh battery out). Thanks

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
As far as I know there is no such thing and an ebike fork. There is a tapered fork with a larger diameter at the bottom and tapering to a narrower diameter at the top. But I don't think anyone makes a fork with a thicker wall diameter. You can get aluminum inserts to reinforce the top of the steerer tube.

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
As far as I know there is no such thing and an ebike fork. There is a tapered fork with a larger diameter at the bottom and tapering to a narrower diameter at the top. But I don't think anyone makes a fork with a thicker wall diameter. You can get aluminum inserts to reinforce the top of the steerer tube.
yeah that’s kinda what I meant. Is this frame going to require the larger diameter bottom? Or can a regular fork work?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
yeah that’s kinda what I meant. Is this frame going to require the larger diameter bottom? Or can a regular fork work?

I'm using standard 1.5" (bottom) 1 1/8" (top) steerer tube on a 52 upper headset/66 lower headset.

Rob Rides talks about an E-mtb specific "Fox tune" in a few of his reviews. Here's the meat of the argument that might support your query below. In short, it looks like this is a "beefing up" optimization process, especially for the heavier full-powered rigs that Fox advocates.

The article suggests that this trend wouldn't be needed for a mid-powered, lighter Emtb class. Interesting and probably a nice option for my 55 lb E-mtb, but not on this 45+ lb build.🤞Rob seems to like it too. Also, I'm sure it adds a little more weight.

Full article link:

"...E-Optimized suspension takes the E-Tuned concept a step further. You’ll find this on Fox’s burlier forks like the 36 and the 38. “In addition to the E-Tuned special air damper package,” Hornland said, “you’re going to get beefed-up CSUs (crown, steerer, and uppers) as well as a beefier chassis.” The non-eMTB-specific 38 already meets the standards for E-Optimized status, Hornland added...."

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Update: On bigger air-can and/or coil shock enthusiasts here's my mock-up of the CEF50'S probable shock pathway courtesy of their engineer.

Apparently, a full CAD motion illustration was not to be had...they're producing frame orders and probably lack time. For what its worth.*

Note: poorly drawn purple lines are mine.
1. Should be the general arc of the top shock (rocker arm).
2. Travel compression direction.
3. Clearance of the damper body that should allow complete compression w/o rubbing the seattube.🤞

Screenshot_20230301-090127.png

*If you're worried you might want to wait prior to buying a bigger air can upgrade or coil. Personally, I need to see that bad boy in action as it will be the first item to suss out for frame fitment and testing straight outta the shipping box! Then I'll post my findings forthwith.💪

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Have you actually found anyone who sells a ZS52/66? I have looked everywhere and I can find a 56/66 but not a 52/66. You can, of course, use a top and bottom from different sources but it seems strange not to use a commonly available part.

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
Update: On bigger air-can and/or coil shock enthusiasts here's my mock-up of the CEF50'S probable shock pathway courtesy of their engineer.

Apparently, a full CAD motion illustration was not to be had...they're producing frame orders and probably lack time. For what its worth.*

Note: poorly drawn purple lines are mine.
1 should be the general arc of the top shock.
2. travel compression direction.
3. Clearance of the damper body that should allow complete compression w/o rubbing the seattube.🤞

View attachment 108125

*If you're worried you might want to wait prior to buying a bigger air can upgrade or coil. Personally, I need to see that bad boy in action as it will be the first item to suss out for frame fitment and testing straight outta the shipping box! Then I'll post my findings forthwith.💪
Any reason why your seat post says 34.9 when it was 31.6 in the past?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
The outside diameter of the seatube, the clamp, is 34.9 and the inside of the seatube or outside of the seatpost itself is 31.6.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Got some answers from Linda.
1. Bafang BT F100.B360 360wh battery is available
2. Frames do have ports for wired derailleur
3. Rear thru axles is 12x 1.5 x 179
4. Engineer does not recommend a 140mm fork, but I am going to use it anyway.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles