Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

Lexle

Jun 4, 2023
Germany
If anybody needs factory new parts from a SL2 Sworks, feel free me

I‘ve got the

fox Facrory Shock
Fox 36 Factory fork
Code Ultimate Stealth disc brakes (Including discs and adaptors)
Roval Carbon Traverse SL Wheel set

brand new for sale

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I'm going to sell the Kenevo SL. I think it is very difficult for me to buy a FF again. The new Levo SL is unbelievably fun!
I'm going to sell my Kenevo SL, too. I bought a Levo in April, and I don't ride the Kenevo SL anymore. I probably should have just waited for the Levo SL Gen 2 to be released. But my new Levo is pretty good.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I had the Levo Gen 3 Pro S5 before...as well as Orbea Rise XL.
The Levo Gen 3 was fun to ride in all-mountain but 1 size too big and got a bit to much SUV riding trails.

I just had the SL 2 for some days but it is perfect for trail riding. Today I had a 15 km ride during 1.5 hour with 300 meter climb. SL2 used 23% of battery in a ECO setting for 10 to 35% power.

If I just where riding mountain enduro with long climbs Levo Gen 3 would be a better choice.
Yeah. I have a few really long, steep climbs where I ride and I love the torque on Levo. I was riding a Kenevo SL with the 35 Nm motor until this April, and those hills were long and hard compared with my Levo. Although I got a better workout on my Kenevo SL, it was not as fun for me as the full powered Levo. I guess I'll sell my Kenevo SL and maybe wait and see if they updated it with the 50 Nm motor in the next year or so. Because I like the stability of the Kenevo SL. It's really stable on some of the sketchy downhill logging roads I ride. My Kenevo SL and Levo are both S4 size. I wondered if I should have gotten an S5, but maybe S4 is good for me. I'm 184 cm / 6'1 tall and a heavy guy.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
I previously owned a Gen 3 Levo and now have a Gen 2 SL. I wouldn't say one was better than the other, just different. They both have strengths and weaknesses, the FF Levo is considerably more powerful and arguably quieter under most conditions but it's very difficult to push beyond the limiter on more mellow terrain. The SL is far more agile and playful, it's more like riding a regular MTB with a helping hand on the climbs! :D

If money was no object, I would have both but as I really only need one bike, I kept the SL as it was more suitable for 90% of the riding I do.

Looks like Kenevo SL with 1.2SL motor will be with us shortly...

1689586549341.png

1689586563523.png

Last edited:

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Yeah. I have a few really long, steep climbs where I ride and I love the torque on Levo. I was riding a Kenevo SL with the 35 Nm motor until this April, and those hills were long and hard compared with my Levo. Although I got a better workout on my Kenevo SL, it was not as fun for me as the full powered Levo. I guess I'll sell my Kenevo SL and maybe wait and see if they updated it with the 50 Nm motor in the next year or so. Because I like the stability of the Kenevo SL. It's really stable on some of the sketchy downhill logging roads I ride. My Kenevo SL and Levo are both S4 size. I wondered if I should have gotten an S5, but maybe S4 is good for me. I'm 184 cm / 6'1 tall and a heavy guy.

Yes...You find the answer within Your self...

I am 184 cm 95 kg and for me S4 is perfect.

I also have the Orbea Wild 2023 in large/S4 that is a FF all-mountain with Bosch CX and 750 W battery.
They ride differently where the Wild is "wild" ride close to a motocross at and on the trails.

I guess the KSL with is somewhere in between SL 2 and Levo/Wild and with a RE will meet most requirements on range and power.

There will always be a new bike coming out tomorrow that is better in some ways...but then You might miss out on riding daily...

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I previously owned a Gen 3 Levo and now have a Gen 2 SL. I wouldn't say one was better than the other, just different. They both have strengths and weaknesses, the FF Levo is considerably more powerful and arguably quieter under most conditions but it's very difficult to push beyond the limiter on more mellow terrain. The SL is far more agile and playful, it's more like riding a regular MTB with a helping hand on the climbs! :D

If money was no object, I would have both but as I really only need one bike, I kept the SL as it was more suitable for 90% of the riding I do.

Looks like Kenevo SL with 1.2SL motor will be with us shortly...

View attachment 120383
View attachment 120384
There go the rumours of it having a bigger battery (400Wh+). Where has leaked it this time? Looks like the Concept Store website?

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
My Gen2 SL is now built but needs a firmware update that can only be done at a dealer, so taking it in tomorrow. I did think that it was all over the air now though.
Anyone had success securing the Mission Control cable in the frame port securely.
It suggests cutting the tab off the one that is there and that should then a secure it better, does that work?
I’m running AXS so it will be the only cable coming out on the drive side

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
My Gen2 SL is now built but needs a firmware update that can only be done at a dealer, so taking it in tomorrow. I did think that it was all over the air now though.
Anyone had success securing the Mission Control cable in the frame port securely.
It suggests cutting the tab off the one that is there and that should then a secure it better, does that work?
I’m running AXS so it will be the only cable coming out on the drive side
Move the TCU cable to the non-drive side and use the blanking plate that came with the frame on the drive side.

No need to modify the ICR guide...

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Move the TCU cable to the non-drive side and use the blanking plate that came with the frame on the drive side.

Thanks. Will it pass through one of the slots of just push into the back of the guide? At the moment It would just fully pull out, not really gripped.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

That's what I did - I have my rear brake and handlebar remote out of the same side... and the other side blanked off.
It took me a minute to realise what the blank was when I opened all the boxes!!

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
That's what I did - I have my rear brake and handlebar remote out of the same side... and the other side blanked off.
Did yours come with any cable tidy’s? I need to pick some up as mine didn’t. Smarter than zip ties!

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Thanks. Will it pass through one of the slots of just push into the back of the guide? At the moment It would just fully pull out, not really gripped.
The Trail Remote connector cannot pass through the ICR guide base holes and must be threaded through the slot located on the front of the guide base. I've never had to Remove the tab on the ICR guide.

1689766143266.png

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
For us UK folks, one thing I like about the SL is that you can route the rear brake cable on the drive side. Not many other bikes you can do that on without modifying guide tubes...

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
The Trail Remote connector cannot pass through the ICR guide base holes and must be threaded through the slot located on the front of the guide base. I've never had to Remove the tab on the ICR guide.

View attachment 120576
I’m not getting this am I😂 So it doesn’t really clamp it as the cable diameter is pretty small, or, back of the actual connector pushed into that slot?

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Fair enough. I’m sure it was neater on my Gen 1😂
I guess by the time it’s attached to another cable it shouldn’t start coming out. It’s quite a long cable!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Did yours come with any cable tidy’s? I need to pick some up as mine didn’t. Smarter than zip ties!
I kept the 3 from my Levo SL and reused them. My brake / remote cable are neatly clipped together!

Apr 11, 2023
Japan

Do you know why I can't update my firmware on my Levo in Japan? I've contacted a couple of shops here and they won't update my firmware.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Do you know why I can't update my firmware on my Levo in Japan? I've contacted a couple of shops here and they won't update my firmware.
Some updates have to be through a wire at a dealer. I’ve just had mine done.
Any Specialized dealer should do that for you but may charge a small fee.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Anyone willing to post their weight then shock and fork pressures. Stock fork and shock.

Would be good to get some feedback for tweaks.
I’ve set mine up today and will go out for a spin later. Started at 80psi fork and 180 psi shock. I’ll see how that feels/works. I’m 83kg kitted

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Anyone willing to post their weight then shock and fork pressures. Stock fork and shock.

Would be good to get some feedback for tweaks.
I’ve set mine up today and will go out for a spin later. Started at 80psi fork and 180 psi shock. I’ll see how that feels/works. I’m 83kg kitted
Try using the Specialized suspension calculator for Stumpjumper EVO, it works well for Levo SL.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Cheers.
I’m not sure my shock will move at 248psi but I will take my shock pump with me. I cycled the shock as I pumped it up but could well need more once it’s ridden and settled.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Cheers.
I’m not sure my shock will move at 248psi but I will take my shock pump with me. I cycled the shock as I pumped it up but could well need more once it’s ridden and settled.
As an example, I run 219PSI at 75kg kitted. I can easily blow through the travel...

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
First ride today and really enjoyed it. Definitely a more comfortable descender than the Gen 1 which was no slouch. I didn’t go too crazy first ride as I wanted to get used to the bike, but it seems to eat up the Trail. I have started 29/29 as it suits where I ride but I will keep my eye out for a 27.5 wheel so I can try it at some point.

I found that the motor is significantly quieter in every situation. I ran it in various power settings and also had a go of microtune. I did some steep climbs that are on one of my regular routes and although it gets a little noisier at full tilt it’s still night and day versus the Gen 1. The noise was never an issue on the Gen 1 for me but this is a nice experience. The noise of the front tyre flicking up small bits of sandstone dust onto the downtube was significantly noisier!
The noise reduction is more than I expected it to be.
The power increase is also noticeable. In turbo it seems quite a big jump but I generally run in trail. I used to run Trail at 35/100 on my Gen 1 as it rewarded my effort by giving up to 100% of its power. To get the same sort of power feel I dropped it to 30/70 and may reduce the 30 part a little further. My 11 mile test ride used 37% of the battery which would usually use 35% on the Gen 1 so my settings probably aren’t far off when trying to match the Gen 1. I need to embrace the extra power though, as long as I can keep my heart-rate nice and high! The option of the extra power and a flat out Turbo ride should be fun for a change.

I’ve attached a picture with my custom frame, fork and shock decals.

IMG_7467.jpeg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve attached a picture with my custom frame, fork and shock decals.

Where did you end up getting the S-Works graphics, and are the letters stuck on top of the existing black ones?

After fitting my custom Industry 9 wheels, I’m tempted to see if I can get S-Works in a metallic blue to match and add a bit of colour. Would have to remove my Invisiframe first though 🙄

IMG_4606.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles