E82 Dengfu frame now available

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I’ve had a 620 previously, a Frey am1000. Love the power, but the m560 looks to be a good compromise of power vs weight. Which 560 frame would you recommend? The dengfu one looks to have a very steep seat tube so I’m concerned it would feel cramped. The older models are really long. Somewhere in between would be great. Ideally 470-480 reach with a 630-640 top tube

Wonder if the new DJI motor will be available for diy builds. That would be fantastic. The dji bikes look great but they’re a lot of cash :)

Well I'm very happy with my LCE971 but like I said they are updating the frame right now. The current/old frame is awesome but we will have to see how the new version will turn out. I have full confidence that it will be great but right now we have no idea when the next version will come out.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
Well I'm very happy with my LCE971 but like I said they are updating the frame right now. The current/old frame is awesome but we will have to see how the new version will turn out. I have full confidence that it will be great but right now we have no idea when the next version will come out.
The LCE971 looks just about perfect Seat tube angle still steeper that I’d prefer but not as bad as the dengfu e82. What were they thinking e22 seat angle 72. E82 is 78. Two silly extremes. 75 would have been perfect. The top tube is shorter than an orbea rise and I felt like my knees would hit the bars on my rise

Any other recommendations for a m560 frame?

agro_86

Jul 6, 2022
Australia
What size shock bushings do I need to fit the frame/yoke for a Fox shock? I haven’t seen the size spec’d anywhere and wanted to make sure I get the right ones shared of time if possible.

Edit: All I could find was a reference to them matching the E55 bushings and being a weird size Fox doesn’t sell of course. I went ahead and just placed an order from these guys to see if they have the correct size.
if your ordering from Dengfu they can send them with your frame just make to mention in your order details. also you will need to use DU bushings in the shock. the polymer ones will not work

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
if your ordering from Dengfu they can send them with your frame just make to mention in your order details. also you will need to use DU bushings in the shock. the polymer ones will not work
I don't know why they made it sound like their bushings were only for a Rockshox shock, likely just a lack of understanding on behalf of the person answering the Alibaba chats from Dengfu. I think the ones from offsetbushings will be of better quality anyway, so I'll stick to those.

I do have to say, it's pretty frustrating they couldn't have just picked a size that Fox/Rockshox sell standard and made it all much easier. Lightcarbon did that with the LCE971 for example, and they simply specify the size mounting hardware required on the product page.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
I've received second frame from Dengfu. When I first ordered the frame came in pieces, now it came assembled.
In addition, I have now received rear shock bushings.
1000010363.jpg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I've received second frame from Dengfu. When I first ordered the frame came in pieces, now it came assembled.
In addition, I have now received rear shock bushings.
View attachment 147175
It looks like they painted your battery to match the frame, is that anything special you need to ask for? My battery is in the mail but I just assumed they didn’t paint it because it shipped only a few days after my order and separate from the frame.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
It looks like they painted your battery to match the frame, is that anything special you need to ask for? My battery is in the mail but I just assumed they didn’t paint it because it shipped only a few days after my order and separate from the frame.
They painted only battery cover. Dengfu orders batteries from a different manufacturer and they are shipped separately from a different location.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
They painted only battery cover. Dengfu orders batteries from a different manufacturer and they are shipped separately from a different location.
Okay, makes sense then. So I'll likely have a painted cover as well, that's good to hear. I was hoping it would be color matched. How long did it take from time you ordered to when they shipped it? I know they gave a generic 3 weeks but was interested in a real world experience. I'm right around the 10 day mark right now.

Partswhore

Mar 14, 2024
Squamish, BC
Just ordered a large E82 with M560 and 1008wh battery.

Looking forward to a winter build up project with a pile of spares I have already.

Anyone have any complete build pics?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Cao Alice from dengfu.
Same person I got too. Still waiting on mine to ship… ordered Sep 11, was hoping for it to ship last week but no luck, it was some national holiday in china on Thursday. Really hoping for this coming week. This my impatience after STILL waiting on a bike since I first ordered my Lightcarbon frame on May 30th and waiting for a bike ever since.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I just got my E82 in and am not understanding the rear triangle UDH compatibility... I thought the t-type transmissions were supposed to be compatible with anything that was UDH and Dengfu advertises this frame as being UDH compatible, yet there is seemingly no way my derailleur could mount to this frame... The bushing is a totally different size than the hole in the rear triangle, and the thickness seems off too. What am I missing here?

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
I just got my E82 in and am not understanding the rear triangle UDH compatibility... I thought the t-type transmissions were supposed to be compatible with anything that was UDH and Dengfu advertises this frame as being UDH compatible, yet there is seemingly no way my derailleur could mount to this frame... The bushing is a totally different size than the hole in the rear triangle, and the thickness seems off too. What am I missing here?
1000010800.jpg

1000010802.jpg

1000010803.jpg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
This is not a SRAM t-type, they mount quite differently, removing the hanger completely and having the TA go right through them. They are supposed to be compatible with any UDH frame though.
After a lot of back and forth with the Dengfu rep at the conclusion of which we agreed to disagree, I have a UDH rear triangle now on the way. I never knew this frame was offered in anything but UDH, but apparently you can order it either way.

@_gregor I saw you had used the more traditional speed sensor setup, do you know where to even get the rotor style one from? I was hoping Dengfu would have included it, but no such luck.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
I saw you had used the more traditional speed sensor setup, do you know where to even get the rotor style one from? I was hoping Dengfu would have included it, but no such luck.
Sorry, but I don't know. I think Shimano has rotors with magnet but you also need special speed sensor.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Sorry, but I don't know. I think Shimano has rotors with magnet but you also need special speed sensor.
Yeah the sensor is what I’m struggling to find, I wonder if Bafang discontinued it or something, none of the usual places show it for sale at all. Can’t even find a part number.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
After a lot of back and forth with the Dengfu rep at the conclusion of which we agreed to disagree, I have a UDH rear triangle now on the way. I never knew this frame was offered in anything but UDH, but apparently you can order it either way.

@_gregor I saw you had used the more traditional speed sensor setup, do you know where to even get the rotor style one from? I was hoping Dengfu would have included it, but no such luck.
What..? I just checked dengfus website and there is no mention of two different versions? It just says "UDH rear hanger". No mention of anything else and why would anyone order it without UDH compability?

You have had to struggle so much to get your frame.. I feel so bad for you. Did Dengfu say how long untill the UDH rear triangle is ready to be shipped to you? Did you end up having to pay for it or what did you end up agreeing to disagree?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
What..? I just checked dengfus website and there is no mention of two different versions? It just says "UDH rear hanger". No mention of anything else and why would anyone order it without UDH compability?

You have had to struggle so much to get your frame.. I feel so bad for you. Did Dengfu say how long untill the UDH rear triangle is ready to be shipped to you? Did you end up having to pay for it or what did you end up agreeing to disagree?
Thank you for validating my sanity here, you wouldn’t believe the back and forth I had with them on Alibaba chat last night. They were gaslighting me saying if I wanted UDH I would have had to specify that, and acted like UDH was “less popular” assuming why would anyone want that. They tried originally putting all the blame on me, saying that’s what I ordered implying I was dumb for not specifically asking for UDH and offering to paint me up a new rear triangle piece for the discounted price of $180 (Instead $220) before shipping.

I got pretty annoyed with them and and started sending screenshots of the exact Ali listing the website tells me I processed, circling where it specifically calls out UDH compatibility and ended up just filing for a partial refund through Ali. At that point she agreed there was a “miscommunication” and we were still somehow equally at fault and agreed to refund me the cost of the new triangle. I did end up having to pay for shipping but at this point I truly don’t care, I’m about ready to put all the parts into the nearest dumpster this has been such a disaster.

I literally had no idea you could even get it with anything other than UDH, it’s all people talked about when it came out and their website and the Ali listing specifically call it out as a UDH frame. Truly infuriating. I asked at one point about the timeline but don’t think she responded, I’m assuming it’ll be at least 3 weeks to my door.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Now I definitely will never buy dengfu.
I certainly don’t ever plan to deal with them again. Never planned to either, but used it as a fallback after a disaster with Lightcarbon waiting 4 months for a frame that kept getting redesigned. I’d still rather work with Lightcarbon based on this experience, at least they were informative and seemed to understand their products better. Also seem to have better build quality and components in their frames (Bearings/hardware). All I’ve seen people say now is to immediately replace the E82 rear axle because it’s such trash it’ll bend on your first ride. Inexcusable.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
God damn... that is not the way to go... I guess they think people are forced to buy their frame like back in the day when E10 was only one avaible for the diy market. I don't think anyone will be rushing to buy Dengfu these days, especially after these recent events.

I had a problem with my LCE971 rear triangle recently. Little bit over a month ago I did some work on the routing and noticed the gear shift cable housing had a slight damage. It was quite small so I didn't think much of it.

However... I recently chose to upgrade to Shimano XT linkglide (from Microshift Advent 9-speed). The Microshift is truly earned their name as extremely durable. The rear derailleur took few massive hits and got pulled into the cassette twice. After these hits to the derailleur I was still able to ride the bike home instead of having to carry it. It even shifted some of the gears! My friend who was with me then said that if that happened to his gx there was no way it would have worked again. I rode the microshift months but this last damage to it was too much and couldn't be repaired. Got a great deal on XT linkglide (cassette, derailleur, chain, shifter) and chose to upgrade to it.

When I was doing the switch I wanted to check on the cable housing and this time it was in horrible condition. The damaged cable housing was in the front part of the rear triangle.
20241009_192957.jpg

I contacted Jim about it and let him know I will be taking a look inside when I will get hands on a borescope. The inside was really nice looking and smooth except were the cable damage was located. There were some defects from manifacturing process. I took photos of that and sent them to Jim.

After 8 hours ( guess the work time in China) I received a message from Jim saying they will make a new rear triangle for me. Though it will take some time since they are still working on the new version. For now I will route the cable outside the rear triangle so the bike will remain usable while I wait for the new rear triangle to be done and shipped. Lightcarbon proving once again that they are a serious brand and they stand behind their product.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
God damn... that is not the way to go... I guess they think people are forced to buy their frame like back in the day when E10 was only one avaible for the diy market. I don't think anyone will be rushing to buy Dengfu these days, especially after these recent events.

I had a problem with my LCE971 rear triangle recently. Little bit over a month ago I did some work on the routing and noticed the gear shift cable housing had a slight damage. It was quite small so I didn't think much of it.

However... I recently chose to upgrade to Shimano XT linkglide (from Microshift Advent 9-speed). The Microshift is truly earned their name as extremely durable. The rear derailleur took few massive hits and got pulled into the cassette twice. After these hits to the derailleur I was still able to ride the bike home instead of having to carry it. It even shifted some of the gears! My friend who was with me then said that if that happened to his gx there was no way it would have worked again. I rode the microshift months but this last damage to it was too much and couldn't be repaired. Got a great deal on XT linkglide (cassette, derailleur, chain, shifter) and chose to upgrade to it.

When I was doing the switch I wanted to check on the cable housing and this time it was in horrible condition. The damaged cable housing was in the front part of the rear triangle. View attachment 148294

I contacted Jim about it and let him know I will be taking a look inside when I will get hands on a borescope. The inside was really nice looking and smooth except were the cable damage was located. There were some defects from manifacturing process. I took photos of that and sent them to Jim.

After 8 hours ( guess the work time in China) I received a message from Jim saying they will make a new rear triangle for me. Though it will take some time since they are still working on the new version. For now I will route the cable outside the rear triangle so the bike will remain usable while I wait for the new rear triangle to be done and shipped. Lightcarbon proving once again that they are a serious brand and they stand behind their product.
Sucks they’ve had so many issues with the 971 because I agree they’re a good company making quality products and Jim is great to deal with. I think that VPP design attempt just had some fundamental flaws given how many times they’ve tried to fix it and they should probably just start fresh on it. If they eventually come out with a successor to the 971 for another all mountain/light enduro style frame I’d probably consider it for my next bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles