• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Derestricting bosch smart system

manu.w

Aug 5, 2023
belgium
????
In the Flow app, “settings”

IMG_6222.jpeg IMG_6224.jpeg IMG_6225.jpeg IMG_6227.jpeg

Jmcxer

Aug 10, 2024
Eiré
I have been using the speedfun furious evo easy+ now since may with 0 issues.
Hi there, just returned a speedbox after constant errors and about to purchase a speed fun , just wondering if you still have a good sucess with it ? Any problems or issues or still working great ?
Regards.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Hi there, just returned a speedbox after constant errors and about to purchase a speed fun , just wondering if you still have a good sucess with it ? Any problems or issues or still working great ?
Regards.
My buddy says it still works great! Just plug it in and ride!

jacreta

Sep 15, 2024
Spain
I've been reading this post carefully because I'm very interested. I recently bought a Cube Stereo Hybrid 750 SLX e-bike and I'm really happy with it, but I want to remove the speed limit. I called the store where I bought it here in Spain and they told me that the delimiters for the Smart System don't work well and give a lot of errors. I have a Smart System but without a rim magnet. Instead, I have the sensor on the brake disc.
I've seen that you talk about some systems that I didn't know existed and that stores in Spain don't have in stock. Before buying it online, I would like you to tell me if they work, without errors, for my bike. I have engine version 12.13.0. And I wouldn't mind removing the Kiox 300 display or deleting the Flow app from my phone. For me, it's more important to remove the speed limit.

Thank you very much!

Embt

Aug 1, 2024
Dundee
I've done 300 miles and smart lock on and no error. I think it may pick up it after a few 1000 miles if the cadence doesn't match the speed but the bosch system doesn't know what chain ring I've got on software hopefully not.

Or eventually the total milage won't add up but who knows 🤷
Still love it I'm picking up speed now

Last edited:

jacreta

Sep 15, 2024
Spain
I've done 300 miles and smart lock on and no error. I'll think it may pick it after a few 1000 miles if the cadence doesn't match the speed but the bosch system doesn't know what chain ring I've got on software hopefully not.

Or eventually the total milage won't add up but who knows 🤷
Still love it I'm picking up speed now
Are you using Volspeed v2 as well?
Many thanks for the info

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles