Dengfu E82 - M560 750w Build (Was: LightCarbon LCE971)

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Updating this thread to reflect my switch of frames. This will now be a Dengfu E82 build after some issues actually getting ahold of an LCE971. I placed my order for an E82 on Friday 9/13.

I picked components in the upper end of the spectrum, but didn't go all out buying carbon everything and spending the absolute top dollar possible. The few things I splurged on were the AXS transmission and suspension, but again, chose upper mid level components and not the nicest possible. I tried to snag deals wherever possible by shopping around for prices and new bike take-offs, sometimes buying a year old mode, but did keep to a rule of only buying new condition items, I didn't want to deal with anything used for the build. I'm a big guy (6', 245lbs, although I hope that weight will drop once I start riding more!), so I chose durability over weight in most cases, hence the beefy 2.6" tires and EMTB CushCore inserts. I need to lose a lot more weight than any bike, so I didn't bother with worrying about carbon wheels/bars/etc.

The linked spreadsheet below has a list of everything I've ordered and the price I paid shipped to my door with the exception of sales tax.

The highlights of the components are...
- 750w M560 "new version" from May of 2024 that is supposedly quieter
- E82 frame in PT 8C color (I got sick of trying to pick a color I liked and this was readily available from Dengfu)
- Fox 36 Performance Elite 160mm GRIP2 Fork
- Fox Float X Performance Elite Shock (210x55)
- SRAM Eagle GX AXS Transmission
- Industry Nine Hydra Enduro S 29" wheels

Last edited:

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Some goodies are starting to arrive.
The chainring below that came with the motor is not compatible with a chain guide so I ordered another from GreenBikeKit that will hopefully be the correct one.

Still waiting on the battery, my big Jenson order with the smaller components, the wheels, and of course the frame from LightCarbon.

IMG_1252.jpeg

Last edited:

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
While I’m bored waiting for things to arrive I took some time to get my Fox decals installed, pretty happy with how it came out!

IMG_1347.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Finally got my wheels in so I could at least put something together. The tires were so unbelievably tight on the wheels I never would have stood a chance getting the CushCore inserts in there. After a few hours of fighting with all my strength, using copious amount of soapy water, and snapping numerous tire levers without getting remotely close to getting them on, the tires are mounted without the inserts…

Not sure what the deal is with these tires, but the bead just seems a few mm too small. It took every bit of strength just to get them on the wheel without the massive super stuff eMTB inserts from CushCore. They were tight enough that with the tire sitting down in the inner well of the rim, where it’s usually kind of loose sitting there, I couldn’t even turn the wheel inside the tire. I don’t know how anyone would have possibly gotten them seated with the inserts, watching videos of others doing it online they clearly had stretchier/bigger tires or smaller wheels than I do. I'm sure me buying the big eMTB rated ones made it even worse as well. I’m convinced if I had something with enough leverage to get it over the rim either the rim would have bent or the tire would have torn, it was just absurd. Maybe I'll give them a try on my next set of tires...

IMG_1374.jpeg

IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1378.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Finally got the proper chainring with room for the chain guide on it and my BESST Pro
In yesterday. Likely 2-3 more weeks before I see my frame though which is disappointing.

IMG_1441.jpeg IMG_1442.jpeg IMG_1443.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
While I patiently wait (Another month!) for my frame I decided to give the CushCores a second attempt. Armed with 2 news set of extra strong tire levers, a new bottle of sealant, and some more knowledge after watching some more YouTube videos I was finally able to force them on.

I think the tires being more pliable after having been mounted for a while combined with a more liberal dowsing of the soap/water mixture finally let me actually maneuver them correctly and get them on there. I’m sure the next time will seem much easier now that I’ve been through it but that was not a fun process to say the least.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Still waiting for a frame… LightCarbon seems to be having endless issues with the rear triangle on this frame. After 3 redesigns and delays their latest attempt has failed within the first week for at least one customer that received it. I’ve now been told it’ll be at least another month for the new-new-new rear triangle to be completed, and who knows if it’ll be any better…

At this point I’ve contemplated just ditching the whole build and trying another frame, but the battery and some other components, like the rear shock were specifically chosen for this frame and there really aren’t that many great alternatives imo. The E82 is the only other frame I’d be interested in, and I hate the massive battery that fits the frame, more weight and capacity than I’d like.

This is looking like it’ll be close to 5 months from time of ordering. End of rant…

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Still waiting for a frame… LightCarbon seems to be having endless issues with the rear triangle on this frame. After 3 redesigns and delays their latest attempt has failed within the first week for at least one customer that received it. I’ve now been told it’ll be at least another month for the new-new-new rear triangle to be completed, and who knows if it’ll be any better…

At this point I’ve contemplated just ditching the whole build and trying another frame, but the battery and some other components, like the rear shock were specifically chosen for this frame and there really aren’t that many great alternatives imo. The E82 is the only other frame I’d be interested in, and I hate the massive battery that fits the frame, more weight and capacity than I’d like.

This is looking like it’ll be close to 5 months from time of ordering. End of rant…
I have ordered one also last week. For the moment jim haven't said something about increased delay than 40 days ? but i prefer that they take time to provide stronger arms than sent one who brake during use (i'm 100 kg and i ride on high mountain breaking tracks :oops:).

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I have ordered one also last week. For the moment jim haven't said something about increased delay than 40 days ? but i prefer that they take time to provide stronger arms than sent one who brake during use (i'm 100 kg and i ride on high mountain breaking tracks :oops:).
If you’re only just ordering now you might be fine. Assuming this latest redesign fixes the issues your 40 day estimate might be pretty close, although I suspect you may still go a little beyond that. I imagine they must have quite the long backlog by now of orders from the same timeframe as mine that have been held for all the changes.

I weigh a little more than you so I’ll definitely be testing its durability as well.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I’ve officially switched frames and will be building an E82 instead. Here’s to hoping it doesn’t take forever to paint…

I really like the LightCarbon products and wanted to try the 971, but I just lost all confidence in it with the number of redesigns of that rear triangle and continued issues, it just seems like it needs to be redone from the ground up at this point. Being a heavier guy I know I’d be putting a lot of stress on it too, so I’m trying something a little more well known for now and will still be happy to try another LightCarbon frame in the future if they come up with something new for a full powered light enduro frame.

Now to see if I can find a buyer for my battery that was meant for it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles