Bafang M500 V2 vs Bosch Gen 4

PadreParada

May 13, 2019
Madrid, Spain
Why would anyone run the m500 instead of the m600? M600 utterly destroys Bosch Gen 4. I have both right now and alternate between the two. My fastest Strava times are from m600. The Bosch is much smoother but I'm playing with the bafang best tool now to fix that. For raw power m600. For smoothest most natural assist Bosch.
I also have the M600. Could you please explain how may I smooth it with the Besst tool?

doctorrevenge

May 7, 2021
Schiffdorf
I asked Bafang for new software for my m500 36V 15A v7.5 and get a Update 36V 17A v7.7
Now it is stronger then my wifes cx4. Perfekt! I love bafang :) with my old bbs01 on 18A i have no Problems over 4 year! Maybe a Update for 48V m500 is ready?! Bafang write me that i can buy a m600 and get a 36V 25A firmware for it when the new Software is not strong enough for me, but it is strong enough!!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I asked Bafang for new software for my m500 36V 15A v7.5 and get a Update 36V 17A v7.7
Now it is stronger then my wifes cx4. Perfekt! I love bafang :) with my old bbs01 on 18A i have no Problems over 4 year! Maybe a Update for 48V m500 is ready?! Bafang write me that i can buy a m600 and get a 36V 25A firmware for it when the new Software is not strong enough for me, but it is strong enough!!!
Can you document for others how you did this update as most people seem to be struggling to get the necessary hardware and software from Bafang.

And also how you contacted Bafang and again, most people have been unable to just buy the M500 or M600 on it's own.

doctorrevenge

May 7, 2021
Schiffdorf
I buy a besst Tool at Luna. The Bafang Team wanted my SN from the Motor and send me an update… Flashing with besst Tool in 1min :) maybe someone Can make a program to change the current power manualy in firmware files… like the old software for bbs motors.

Last edited:

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
besst tool is not automatically downloading the latest firmware? You need to contact bafang for it?
Can anyone ask bafang for stronger firmware for 48V version?

doctorrevenge

May 7, 2021
Schiffdorf
Screenshot_20210527-190249_Gallery.jpg

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
How you was able to contact Bafang?
I am trying to write them but no answer, @doctorrevenge could you ask them for latest strong F/W for M500 in 48V version? I am sure few people form here could be also interested in.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
How you was able to contact Bafang?
I am trying to write them but no answer, @doctorrevenge could you ask them for latest strong F/W for M500 in 48V version? I am sure few people form here could be also interested in.
I think you are in the best place (poland) to collect the later data, bafang eu center is located in poland
Could you share this 48V 18A f/w for M500?
I do not how ? it is installed on my controller and the only files found to update the software (endlessphere) are for M600

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Probably i will be first and last person with M500 in Poland :)
I though you have this f/w in files, this 48/18 you have is the 'stock' f/w ? When you bought a bike? I am curious because mine is in shipping and i am curious how fresh f/w i will have.

48V x 18A seems to give 864W in peak, so quite good.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I though you have this f/w in files, this 48/18 you have is the 'stock' f/w ? When you bought a bike? I am curious because mine is in shipping and i am curious how fresh f/w i will have.

Yes it that is installed on my controller (currently in poland for repair). i have not found official link to recover soft update and bafang do not communicate (officialy) with the customer. may be it a question to ask to the supplier (dengfu). They don't answerd at begining when i have request help to solve my failure, but it seem they have evoluate now and they accept to support her customer and perform interface with bafang. but it is very complicate

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Guys, @patdam and @doctorrevenge it seems you have some contact with bafang/dengfu. Could you ask them for 48V f/w for M500?
If they dont give a response then nothing will happen, but if yes, few people here will be more than happy :)

@doctorrevenge the 48/18 is fully legal, its peak power, but M500 is rated as 250W in "nominal". Peak and nominal are different story, you may have 250W in nominal and 860W in peak and its legit.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
@patdam have you M500 or M600?
M500 and i wait an purchased M600. not to have more power. but i think they are most reliable than M500
Ah... ok... but no legal 250W Europe Version ;)

more or less legal, they are limited to 25 km/h max (and not possible to modified) but it have a throttle and effectively not eu rule compatible. but if you use the throttle only for walk mode you are fully in line with rule spirit

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Guys, @patdam and @doctorrevenge it seems you have some contact with bafang/dengfu. Could you ask them for 48V f/w for M500?
If they dont give a response then nothing will happen, but if yes, few people here will be more than happy :)

@doctorrevenge the 48/18 is fully legal, its peak power, but M500 is rated as 250W in "nominal". Peak and nominal are different story, you may have 250W in nominal and 860W in peak and its legit.

you know i'm a lot tired to fight with dengfu and bafang, i wait my repaired controller return or to reciving the additional motor purchased in spare and i hope to never more needs to their request something

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE

Maybe the first, but not the last ???
Probably, because I have been planning more for the M600 for over a month now. When did you order your frame from Dengfu and where is it now? Melody told me that the shipment will take a maximum of 1.5 months to Poland, but I read here that some ordered a frame in January and received it in April

Try to contact the factory in Wrocław. I wrote to them and got a reply quickly. I asked if I can buy an engine from them. They replied that they would start production at the end of the year and only wholesale.

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles