What did you buy your ebike this week?

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
in case of impact and still recording mode you can produce something interesting
1634144735496.png

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
You need to put them on the other way round ! :)

How did you manage to do that anyway ? Foot off and slip under pedal ?

I still haven’t figured it out. I did a medium speed low-side to the right. I’m thinking the downtube slammed into the back of my calf. I don’t think it was the pedal, though it may have been.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I still haven’t figured it out. I did a medium speed low-side to the right. I’m thinking the downtube slammed into the back of my calf. I don’t think it was the pedal, though it may have been.
Could have been the end of the pedal ? With the weight of an ebike, the end of a pedal can do some serious damage ! But even 20-25kg's hitting you with momentum with any of it at the wrong angle is going to hurt ! Hope you're healing up ok anyway.

Will have to up your game on body position !

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm putting so many more miles on the eMTB that I'm buying new tires about every two months. I've never run the Assegai's before, so I'm curious if they can be pushed harder than the DHF's.

IMG_3345.jpeg

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Last prezzie, which was about a month ago was a gopro hero7 (white) I simply stopped into Evans cycles to get some gels and come out with the gopro:rolleyes:
Next prezzie though isnt going to be bought, but made. I'm looking at ideas on constructing a rain jacket, to cover the main electrics and rear shock. Not 100% waterproof, more to protect it from the worst of the weather, so I dont have streams of water running down the seat tube into the motor area, or being kicked up from the front wheel directly onto the motor housing and battery cover.
Felt as the frame is blue, maybe a nice blue camo pattern, I might even go so far as to have SCOTT screen printed(or however thats done) onto the cover for some extra identity tartiness.

Last edited:

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
I'm putting so many more miles on the eMTB that I'm buying new tires about every two months. I've never run the Assegai's before, so I'm curious if they can be pushed harder than the DHF's.

View attachment 74152

In my opinion, yes!
I've spent years running DHF/DHRII (F/R) and I can push the ASSEGAI much harder in the turns vs DHF.

Edit: Unless you are referring to comparing mileage between the two... I could care less how long a tire lasts if it checks all other boxes for me. While everyone has different priorities, for me, it's all about the way a tire performs when I need it to, not how many miles it will last.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
How many miles and what terrain?

The previous rear tire (DHR II) was retired at 510 miles.
Current front (DHF) has 835 miles, and should be good for another 200.
Terrain is typical Socal: rugged singletrack, chunk, big rocks, etc.

In my opinion, yes!
I've spent years running DHF/DHRII (F/R) and I can push the ASSEGAI much harder in the turns vs DHF.

Cool. That's what I'm hoping for. I don't really have any complaints with the DHF, but sometimes it will slide when pushed over the "loose over hard" terrain. I imagine that there are no tires that will solve that problem, but I'm curious what the Assegai has to offer.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Purchased some stealth decals for my fox36 fork from ridedecals, but not really happy with the quality of them as the sizes don't quite match the existing ones so I think I'll stick with the factory ones for now

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Not sure when I can get round to testing but already made external battery mod to the chest mount mudguard orings twisted around the power bank external battery onto the chest mount plate. Holds it very firmly in place so not have to worry about camera battery.
IMG_20211101_205848.jpg
IMG_20211101_210138.jpg
IMG_20211101_210123.jpg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Why would you need an external battery?
GoPro's last for hours? I regularly use the same battery on my GoPro for whole weekends? (only recording a few hours of footage?)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles